What's new

Match-up Discussion KH Star Charger's Catwoman MU Chart

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I'm curious why you think catwoman and killer frost is a 5-5 match up slightly catwoman favor. I am not saying that you are wrong or anything. I am just curious why you think it is a 5-5 matchup in favor of catwoman?
Maybe I'm underestimating the difficulties Catwoman faces when getting in but Killer Frosts zoning is weak and once Catwoman does get in she doesn't have any options other than sliding and trying to get some kind of gimmick going. The only real advantage Killer Frost has is that Catwomans wakeups aren't the best so Killer Frost can actually get a real 'meterless vortex' off knockdowns whilst hoarding meter like WW which could be used to try and compete in the footsies game with mb f3

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Also Catwoman beats Cyborg and loses to batman. Nothing on the fence about either of those two.

Cyborg can't ground or iafb because of cat dash. From close to midscreen he cant iafb either because her B3 causes them to wiff (she gets a free B3 in/or combo). Cyborg also can't jump back to create space because of her crazy whip range. She also can catsah any grapple away attempt. Lets not forget about cat evade sigh... she has a lot of good tools here including decent damage.

I am curios whose Cyborg you have played Starcharger?
This^

It doesn't matter you ran to MMH and still haven't won anything
He won WNF before he switched..

I'm curious why you think catwoman and killer frost is a 5-5 match up slightly catwoman favor. I am not saying that you are wrong or anything. I am just curious why you think it is a 5-5 matchup in favor of catwoman?
Here's my .02, Now that the game has settled and every character has had a chance to be played a ton of sets against, I think that KF is just extremely predictable and reliant on one gimmick (the freeze nonsense). Avoiding that and also baiting out slide and knowing how to truly make her pay for abusing that mess if she tries to parry on followup is a good way to make her stay honest and that's how CW wins. I've played my fair share of good ones (Scar, MyGod, RainbowPride, and Blank to name a few) and I can't tell you the last time I've lost a set to KF TBH.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Here's my .02, Now that the game has settled and every character has had a chance to be played a ton of sets against, I think that KF is just extremely predictable and reliant on one gimmick (the freeze nonsense). Avoiding that and also baiting out slide and knowing how to truly make her pay for abusing that mess if she tries to parry on followup is a good way to make her stay honest and that's how CW wins. I've played my fair share of good ones (Scar, MyGod, RainbowPride, and Blank to name a few) and I can't tell you the last time I've lost a set to KF TBH.

I heard Mr.mil beat you pretty bad with KF lol.

But this MU is in Frost's favor for sure.

Nah it wasn't KF trust me. He beat me the last time we played with Zatanna, who I should add has leveled up immensely since the last set we played. But IMHO, it really isn't. KF is so reliant on one gimmick that once that's exposed, CW has nearly no problems.

Not to get it twisted, KF has her dirt and can be a massive problem child when she has the momentum. However, I'd say it's more even than favorable towards either one of the two.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Nah it wasn't KF trust me. He beat me the last time we played with Zatanna, who I should add has leveled up immensely since the last set we played. But IMHO, it really isn't. KF is so reliant on one gimmick that once that's exposed, CW has nearly no problems.

Not all KFs play the same tho lol.

And cw has tons of problems in the MU. Although KF zoning is decent at best, its still kinda tough for her to get in. Jumping is scary because of d2, daggers and mbf3, and dashing is scary because of spike and slide. Cat evade is useless because frost can spike that. MB cat dash is ok, but it doesn't even have armor on startup and is only safe if done from full screen. Even if cw does do it from full screen, all KF has to do is walk back and it whiffs, leaving you open for a punish.

I do agree that CW is a bit scary once she gets in tho, but there's other characters who are more scary than cw upclose and frost still handles them pretty well.

Then when CW gets knocked down, its ggs. She's not waking up at all unless she has a scratch

Last edited:
Not all KFs play the same tho lol.

And cw has tons of problems in the MU. Although KF zoning is decent at best, its still kinda tough for her to get in. Jumping is scary because of d2, daggers and mbf3, and dashing is scary because of spike and slide. Cat evade is useless because frost can spike that. MB cat dash is ok, but it doesn't even have armor on startup and is only safe if done from full screen. Even if cw does do it from full screen, all KF has to do is walk back and it whiffs, leaving you open for a punish.

I do agree that CW is a bit scary once she gets in tho, but there's other characters who are more scary than cw upclose and frost still handles them pretty well.

Then when CW gets knocked down, its ggs. She's not waking up at all
Agree to disagree for the most part I guess lol. I'm more of a "put it on the screen and not on paper" type so it's not generally in my nature to discuss MU's rather than play them out. Overall, my sentiments to your case is, not all CW's play the same as well. Either way it's a fun Match.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I think it's pretty even the KF MU. Both cause hell when they gain the momentum but I'm a lot more scared of CW on a hard knockdown as oppose to KF. The thing is now due to the time the game has been out, you notice how relatively slow KF's vortex is. You CAN fuzzy guard her mixups unlike CW who is only 3-4 frames faster but it really does make all the difference. As for wakeups on CW's end, she just needs to save trait just for that. Invincible wake up and is neutral on block. Idk just my two cents. Would really like to run the MU more to test it out more

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Most who know me have always known me to be a character loyalist and to always stick it out with their character and find new tech and new ways to take down their problem child characters. To me that makes a game fun and worth playing. As such, for CW, here is my take on what things are like for her from personal experience (Tournaments, Offline Casuals, Online Casuals, and Sets with Tourney/Decent/Knowledgeable players in our community). This is merely How I see things and should be taken as such.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/injustice/index_customize.html?tc=ya0-tr6ycqncayfrae5r318icyp4biamctltaeajadgbceotadjxadlvcdgc4se6cd5lcni4adgs9ne8adi6cen69pcgcdk0cee644k18m8oabos906xaagji8nqcd-bkf-naKH Star Charger-tiTier Chart for Injustice-ct999999-c1000000-c2000000-tvFF7101-thDD3C3C-d16 4-x110-d24 6-x210-d34.5 5.5-x310-d45.5 4.5-x47

Starting from Favorable to Unfavorable:

Ares 6-4

Joker 6-4

Evens

Zod 5-5 (slight favor)

Flash 5-5 (slight favor)

Cyborg 5-5 (slight favor)

Wonder Woman 5-5 (slight favor)

Nightwing 5-5 (slight favor)

Grundy 5-5 (slight favor)

Lobo 5-5 (slight favor)

Green Arrow (slight favor)

Raven 5-5 (slight favor)

Harley Quinn (slight favor)

Batman 5-5 (very very slight favor)

Hawkgirl 5-5

Deathstroke 5-5

KF 5-5

Doomsday 5-5

Zatanna 5-5

Sinestro 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Luthor 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Black Adam 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Green Lantern 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Shazam 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Superman 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Batgirl 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Aquaman 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Scorpion 5-5 (slightly unfavorable)

Bane 5-5 (Could be a 4-6)

MMH 6-4

I hope that clarifies.
Dude

I just REREAD this

Slight favorable 5-5 means 6-4 lol

Change your numbers and remove the literary descriptions