What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kenshi Kenshi Match Up Thread

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@Devils Britches

Here's the deal, maybe you're gods gift to kenshi. I will offer one saving premise. Come on red hot Sundays and show us how xyz MUs are truly what u say they are

Looking super forward to these 6-4s and 5-5s
The list in the op was made by @x-azeez if I'm not mistaken. @Devils Britches just put it there.

But yeah, list is cancer at too many points, imo, with all respect:D
Some people even thought the numbers were reverted xD

thlityoursloat

kick kick
They must be inverted, it says all of Bo's variations are '3', we all know Bo gets outzoned by fucking Unbreakable Sub Zero so Kenshi is definitely 7-3 because of his zoning and jump mobility.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Don't zone CSZ with Kenjutsu, its zoning just isn't adequate. Go ham with 50/50s and pressure.
Stop. Just stop. You clearly are mistaking Kenshi with Alien. Going ham (50/50 or pressure which he doesn't have) with Kenjutsu Kenshi is like the easiest way to get destroyed. Unless you got 2 bars to throw for a breaker you never go ham. Not on high level anyway. Kenshi is a space control character (not very good one i may add, mediocre at best).

@Devils Britches

Here's the deal, maybe you're gods gift to kenshi. I will offer one saving premise. Come on red hot Sundays and show us how xyz MUs are truly what u say they are

Sign me up for this too - i need to see this, especially how Balanced wins with Cassie or goes 4-6 with Acidic Alien, coz im clearly playing this MU wrong (rofl).

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I know going ham with 50/50s is the best way to die with Kenjutsu, to me CSZ is an exception considering his low damage shifts the risk/reward to Kenshi's favor.

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
@Devils Britches

1. I didn't make this chart and I didn't say it was perfect. I edited it to remove the x.5's and changes a few matchups because someone explained why they needed to be changed.

Pig I have a lot of respect for you. But damn does shit get toxic on here. I said kenshi has some winning matchups and you're out for blood. If you really want to prove your point on stream I'll play. But in know way did I insinuate I knew any better than any other kenshi player.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
1. I didn't make this chart and I didn't say it was perfect. I edited it to remove the x.5's and changes a few matchups because someone explained why they needed to be changed.

Pig I have a lot of respect for you. But damn does shit get toxic on here. I said kenshi has some winning matchups and you're out for blood. If you really want to prove your point on stream I'll play. But in know way did I insinuate I knew any better than any other kenshi player.
Your list and whoever else made the list is dead wrong and it's insulting

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Pig's kenshi mu chart: kenshi 0-10 against everyone. For someone who is dropping the character and just picking top tier spends an awful amount of time on a forum about said character.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
How does Kenshi not lose to Shinnok 3-7? That matchup looks fucking awful imo. I don't play Kenshi, but damn watching a pig vs cowboy in some ESL footage, I wanted to eat my own hand.. Poor blind bastard looks like he can't even do anything.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
How does Kenshi not lose to Shinnok 3-7? That matchup looks fucking awful imo. I don't play Kenshi, but damn watching a pig vs cowboy in some ESL footage, I wanted to eat my own hand.. Poor blind bastard looks like he can't even do anything.
How long ago was it? Wasn't Shinnok basically op at one point/kenshi was alot worse I think. Could be wrong

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Frankly there shouldn't be a list made by one person in the OP anyway, this is matchup discussion and to generalize the entire character community's opinion to one person's (especially with so many controversial numbers on there) is a pretty bad idea. I could remove it myself but I'm not going to because it should at least be up for discussion how you guys handle it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Ah. I have no clue then. I have a feeling kenshi is about to get some buffs if the patch is real. Shinnok is still good and I can see kenshi having a hard time with imposter and bone shaper.
It would be nice if he had some love, but since this thread is still about the current numbers, which imo , this thread is giving Kenshi too much credit.

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
Frankly there shouldn't be a list made by one person in the OP anyway, this is matchup discussion and to generalize the entire character community's opinion to one person's (especially with so many controversial numbers on there) is a pretty bad idea. I could remove it myself but I'm not going to because it should at least be up for discussion how you guys handle it.
My intention was just for that to be a starting point and people build off of that. Obviously it didn't happen that way. Either way. I can take it down if need be. Just know it was posted with good intentions.

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
It would be nice if he had some love, but since this thread is still about the current numbers, which imo , this thread is giving Kenshi too much credit.
Yeah if it was against imposter that's not a good match up. But his teleport is like Kenshis. It can be baited and punished. But wound is better than the average bear when it comes to shinnok

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig's kenshi mu chart: kenshi 0-10 against everyone. For someone who is dropping the character and just picking top tier spends an awful amount of time on a forum about said character.
Top tier for next game, I see no reason unless a patch comes to play Mkx competively

I know my character inside and out unlike yourself who has no merit

He doesn't lose 0-10 to said cast

Listen when it comes to kenshi I have two options here

Option 1. Listen to myself, Djt, MIT, salt face, sonic fox, scar, m2dave, dragon, kp, etc

Option 2: listen to this OP and yourself.

Yea bro I think I'm good and gonna stick w option 1.

U guys hash this out I've made my point

Captain l2ed

White wolf
I personally think you should consider taking it down because instead of a friendly discussion between the community, it's turned into a pissing contest. Everyone could be calm and mature but some people would rather insult other people for their opinion instead of making a contribution to said discussion. If you are disgruntled player you should try to stay respectable and if you can't don't comment.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Top tier for next game, I see no reason unless a patch comes to play Mkx competively

Option 1. Listen to myself, Djt, MIT, salt face, sonic fox, scar, m2dave, dragon, kp, etc

You are so rude for someone who hasn't won anything. It's an opinion based forum. I get it that you are disgruntled with your character but it's no reason to be rude. I made my original post about 0-10 for fun and as a joke. I guess you forgot what that's like. I wish you all the luck in your competitive career and life.

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
No it's insulting some people think they're equipped to make a MU chart for a character they apparently know nothing about

You've made your point. Not everyone gets to grind matchups on the game. I didn't see the harm in starting a discussion thread to talk about Kenshis good and bad matchups. Thanks for contributing. I'll see myself out.