What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kenshi Kenshi Match Up Thread

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
Agree. From my experience, Kenshi destroys Bo Rai Cho. The dude needs better mobility.
As long as you can stay out of the corner. That's where Bo (especially dragons breath) really shines. If you want to see what Bo can do check out PND OmegaK

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I have a feeling Kenshi might not do too bad against Cyrax. Keep in mind I say might.

Now one thing, this is not a character you want to be trying to parry too often. F131 is the main reason why and his low strings.

However, what you can parry or more reflect is the EX Buzzsaw and the Nets. You can also EX Reflect the bombs. At least the ground bombs you can EX Reflect and then special cancel into whatever special fits how Cyrax is approaching you. If your reflects are on point, Cyrax should not be too big a deal from a distance.

"But but, Tele flurry man. Can't keep him out cause Tele flurry sucks." Tele flurry is interesting in this MU. Now Cyrax can crouch and tele when he sees tele flurry whiff over him, however, if he does a tele to try to get in on you after you Tele Flurry, he is actually punishable and you can B1 DB1 and get a full combo if he does a tele. So once he realizes he can't tele what else does Cyrax have to get in on you? Well he has the AA Grab. In a similar fashion to tele, if tele flurry whiffs, on reaction AA Grab, and he can't punish you, you can't punish him. The space between you 2 is not too small not too big so you gotta be careful. But remember you have more range on your normals than Cyrax does so in this range, while it is scary to be anywhere near this HTB death machine, the situation isn't the worst you can be in.

Ik I don't have a lot on this MU yet. There are other things I plan on testing ofc, this MU is a work in progress, but it doesn't feel too horrible until he gets in and mixes you, but that could be said for just about everyone. Ik I've only been looking at things Kenshi can do to and against Cyrax at a range and not really up close and things Cyrax can do against it, I will work on those things and try to have this borg down.

So for balanced kenshi, against tele-flurry can my opponent just neutral duck? And it's safe if they're far from me right? Or what are the risks?

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
Really? How if I just tested it and put the AI on reversal mode and I tried punishing him after a close tele furry on block and couldn't punish him at all!
Most people neutral duck it if they even halfway know the matchup. Anyone who actually crouch blocks teleflurry that far away you may as well go ham on because they don't know anything about kenshi.

Stop

Just stop

NEUTRAL DUCK IT U HAVE NO REASON TO HOLD DOWN AND BLOCK AGAINST HIGHS 3/4 screen away or full away
Most people neutral duck it if they even halfway know the matchup. Anyone who actually crouch blocks teleflurry that far away you may as well go ham on because they don't know anything about kenshi.
Ah ok. I was confused. So it's safe on block but really unsafe if I just neutral duck it. So most players that play against kenshi mostly neutral duck is this correct? And another thing, I didn't know even on neutral duck his recovery was so bad that someone could run up to me and punish. Thanks guys for clearing that up.

Does Kenjutso have any low/overhead mixups? I'm trying to play balanced but in case I fight a kenjutso up close should I usually block low or high first?

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
Does Kenjutso have any low/overhead mixups? I'm trying to play balanced but in case I fight a kenjutso up close should I usually block low or high first?
F2 is an overhead starter exclusive to kenjitsu. He has the universal b3 starter too. His 311 string ends in a low but can be canceled in to the sword spin which is overhead and ex launches.

F2 is an overhead starter exclusive to kenjitsu. He has the universal b3 starter too. His 311 string ends in a low but can be canceled in to the sword spin which is overhead and ex launches.
So he's a great 50/50 variation then? Also his 311 ends with a low but does it mix with overhead? I mean without canceling into sword spin?

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
So he's a great 50/50 variation then? Also his 311 ends with a low but does it mix with overhead? I mean without canceling into sword spin?
Great is a strong word to use. 311 has to be cancelled into spin to be overhead. Just hit the lab and go through strings. Its worth learning All variations of you want to play kenshi.

Last edited: