What's new

Kenshi Kombo Thread

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
so much hype and 70% of you guys will drop kenshi sooner than you think
he's my secondary main so i dont think that's going to happen anytime soon for me. Coming from stryker, he is a breeze to play with lol. I kinda hope a lot of ppl will drop him tho, it's just weird to me. Im not use to having so many ppl playing the same char. there are probably 3 stryker players online :-P

EDIT: Is that what happened to skarlet?

i main reptile and kenshi that's it. i've decided to use kenshi since i saw the E3 trailer for the game last year and i've always been a fan of Reptile since UMK3 and this version seems to be the only one they got right so far

so much hype and 70% of you guys will drop kenshi sooner than you think
as much as I don't like the comment I think your 100% right Kenshi is a great character but you have too make gdlk reads he is my style of play but he's not a scorpion lol he can zone as good as but imo better than ermac

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
Well, people are excited to try out a new character. Nothing wrong with concluding a character doesn't suit your style or interests.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Im getting really sick of the negetive edge with kenshi. It doesnt seem to be this bad with any other character I play. Half the time I put in the correct input, something completely different comes out.

Its really fucking frustrating when I tell it to do one thing, but it decides to do something completely different.

I can do his F+2, 2, B+1 super fast and it hits, but comboing that into F+3, 2, DB+1 seems to ALWAYS be 50/50 with what comes out. I hate the fact that I can be so fast with the start of that combo but the F+3, 2 must be inputted slower than dirt. It feels akward to be able to start the combo one speed, then in the middle slow down, then at the end speed back up again.

I guess it all takes timing and practice... but coming from sub-zero.. this is a massive change.

I can do his F+2, 2, B+1 super fast and it hits, but comboing that into F+3, 2, DB+1 seems to ALWAYS be 50/50 with what comes out. I hate the fact that I can be so fast with the start of that combo but the F+3, 2 must be inputted slower than dirt. It feels akward to be able to start the combo one speed, then in the middle slow down, then at the end speed back up again.
AFAIK that's not negative edge, its hit confirm-able. It's actually to your advantage if you adjust from dialing everything in as fast as possible, because you may or may not want to do db1 if you started with f32 and they blocked, as db1 leaves you wide open.

But yea, I suck with it too. Most of the characters I play don't have many strings like that can't be dialed in like a cheat code. For others, not-so-much. just gotta take a deep breath and wait for the 2 of f32 to start.

Gurrry

For me.. it is much easier to do this for an easy 31% mid-screen BNB rather than the F+3, 2, DB+1 shenanigans:

F+2, 2, B+1, (dash) 1, 1, DB+1, (dash), F+2, 2, B+2

This IMO is a much easier replacement for those of you who are getting frustrated with comboing F+2, 2, B+1 into F+3, 2, DB+1

I don't really understand the issues with f+3, 2, db+1. All you have to do is slow down a bit. As someone else said, it's an advantage that that is hit-confirmable.

Gurrry

Wow.. well i guess my bitching did get me somewhere.. because all of a sudden... I can do the F+3, 2 stuff now. The trick is to hold forward.

DrDogg

Noob
lol someone doesnt have good execution. i have a 52% one meter corner combo, and tons of meterless combos 46% and higher. but i can tell why u are hating on ( worthless long combo's) prolly cause u have shitty execution.
Not sure if this was directed to me or not, but I have no problems with execution. Long combos are not worthless, it's combos that are overly difficult that don't give you any benefit. Why do a difficult 40% combo when you can do an easy 40% combo? It has nothing to do with execution.

Go ahead and do that when you get the time.
Awesome! I'll get to this tonight or tomorrow. I'm doing frame data most of today.

If everyone who posted a video could transcribe the video, that would help me out a lot. Also, any combos posted from now on, please remove the jump punch from the beginning of the combo. Thanks!

here is the thing about kenshi

zoning with him will be anything but easy he is not ermac and will play nothing like ermac because bf3 comes out slower does not have a high hit box and it can be duck and will not hit some fire ball animations like reptile's bb3/1 in the animation for this move reptile ducks and kenshi's bf3 will not hit reptile out of it. bf2 is his best special but it has a very short range not even mid screen range.

do not get me wrong kenshi is a good character and i will put the time needed into him but he is not easy zoning mode like other characters and i do not think i will be zoning much with him

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Hopefully someone will make a list of the best bnb combos for all his starters and post it in a separate thread.

Tarlom

Noob
Idunno if this has been posted yet, but all the combos I've seen here that start with f3 have only been up to 24 or 25% damage, but I just found two for 26%

f3, 2~db+1, dash, f3, 2~bf+2, knocks them back to about fullscreen distance away
f3, 2~db+1, dash, f3, 3, b3, knocks them back right into df+4 range.

Also, I've been trying to see if an f2, 2, b2 somewhere can be replaced with a 2, 1, b2~bf+3, since I have a feeling it would do more damage, but I keep getting negative edged or dropping it and now I'm too frustrated to be able to do anything. I don't know if it's possible, but if it is it would probably do at 2 or 3% more...

Oh, also, a tip if anyone (like me) seems to have a problem of an f3, 2~db+1 somehow getting turned into an f3~db+2, you can do f3,f2~db+1 and it'll do the same thing but without the chance for it to do the reflect sword... which makes no sense to be able to combo into anyway.