What's new

Kenshi Kombo Thread

Jay9k

Noob
midscreen bnb i came up with

j1 > f+2 2 b+1 > dash > f+3 2 > rising karma > dash > f+2 2 > tele slash (38%) (best used for zoners)

u can use this one to keep the opponent near u if u dont want to send opponent across the map

What's the best combo to do after landing just a db1? If i get just the db1 i usually f22b1 bf2 but it's only like 20% and I feel like I could be doing more.

Xess

Noob
Kenshi's really good! I love how i messed around in training before coming here and the combos I came up with are the same people have already posted! lol

Anyone else having trouble linking f32 to db1 after a dash? I dont know what i'm doing wrong but i cannot consisently get this when it''s part of a combo. However i can do it 99% of the time alone. I guess i have to work on my execution, but it's frusterating.

You know, it sure seems like Kenshi's combo damage is a bit low (at least for combos reliable enough to be considered competitive). Here's the best I've seen or been able to get myself off of various starters with a reasonable damage/reliability ratio:

(X-Ray) f2, 2, b1, dash, f3, 2, db1, dash, f2, 2, x-ray = 44%

(Corner) f2, 2, b1, 2, 1, b2, db1, 1, 1, 4, db1, d1, bf2 = 40%

(Main BnB) f2, 2, b1, dash, f3, 2, db1, dash, f2, 2, b2 (or f2, 2, db3) = 35%

(Overhead On 3rd Hit) 2, 1, b2, db1, dash, f3, 2, bf2 = 31%

(Close, Quick Starter) 1, 1, 4, db1, dash, f2, 2, b2 = 28%

(Low Starter) f3, 2, db1, dash, f2, 2, b2 = 26%

(Special Starter) db1, f2, 2, b1, bf2 = 20%

One mid-30's, optimal conditions combo, a 31% off of a string ending in an overhead (though the first hit can be ducked), and the rest in the 20's mid-screen, an x-ray that doesn't break 45%, and barely hitting 40% in the corner. And enhanced moved don't really seem to have any ability to extend his combos, just tack on 1-3% at the end if you feel like it (usually not worth it). And with the way his up-slash move seems programmed to knock them WAY far away if used twice in a combo (no matter how early and even if one of them is enhanced, unlike Nightwolf's hatchet), it feels pretty obvious that they wanted him this way. Anyone have thoughts on why?

P.S. - Don't get me wrong, I think Kenshi's great. Love his moves, love his style, and I'm seriously considering maining him. But I don't (at least so far) see anything that merits such mediocre combo damage.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Whats up guys? Its been a while since I have been around here, but I figured I would post my Kenshi combo video. Its the combo video I am most proud of so far in MK9. Check it out if you get a chance. My highest combo with him so far is 59% and can be seen here.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Anyone here who has the ability to record combos and has made some combo vids or clips that would like to help out with a big project, please PM me.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Xbawks

Pleistetion

My main combo when using kenshi, if you want to push them back replace Short Sighted with Brainpower > Spirit Charge.

Props to Hologamma for the app.

Found another meterless midscreen BnB that I'm finding pretty easy to do consistently:
f+2,2,b+1 > dash > 2 > dash > f+2,2 xx Rising Karma > dash > f+3,2 xx Spirit Charge (36%)

Whats up guys? Its been a while since I have been around here, but I figured I would post my Kenshi combo video. Its the combo video I am most proud of so far in MK9. Check it out if you get a chance. My highest combo with him so far is 59% and can be seen here.

Why in some of these do you have Skarlet use her blood ball (self-damaging projectile) at the beginning of the combo?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Why in some of these do you have Skarlet use her blood ball (self-damaging projectile) at the beginning of the combo?
And what's wrong with that? I would think it displays a great advantage Kenshi has against Skarlet. Besides, the compilation is just for show.

Anyway...

Kenshi's 48% Wall Combo with two Enhance Bars used:

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
having fun doin vids fellow 88 :p?
how u doin kiddo? missed u all guys ^_^...we should play some games

and yes, u cannot EX SC into SC as a combo finisher after the gravity been toned down like that, so blake is correct.

thnx for pumping kenshi thread blakezzzz...hehe ur the man

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
When I've cornered an opponent with Kenshi I will usually train them to immediately block low (by using f3,2 string into combos) and then begin the overhead pressure with 2,1,b2. The best ones I can pull of consistently is

2,1,b2 -> 2,1,b2, -> 1,1,4 -> rising karma, -> 3, rising karma, -> 3, spirit charge for 42% meterless.
2,1,b2 -> 2,1,b2, -> 3, rising karma, -> 3, rising karma, ->d1, spirit charge for 41% meterless.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
nice stuff blake.you know u can do 52% wall combo meterless with kenshi blake? right, or u dont bro?
keep up the kenshi luvvzzz!