What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

ando1184

Noob
I know it's probably been mentioned in the past already, but can someone tell me everything balanced suffers from. As far as glitches/bugs go please?

ando1184

Noob
I know it's probably been mentioned in the past already, but can someone tell me everything balanced suffers from. As far as glitches/bugs go please?
So....no one knows or......??? So far I've noticed, rising karma will randomly whiff point blank, tele furry will whiff last 2 hits while the camera is moving, ex push will whiff 2nd hit in some combos, the armor on rising karma is randomly nonexistent at times, and ex tele furry doesn't properly combo in the corner off of certain combos. Is there anything else?

So....no one knows or......??? So far I've noticed, rising karma will randomly whiff point blank, tele furry will whiff last 2 hits while the camera is moving, ex push will whiff 2nd hit in some combos, the armor on rising karma is randomly nonexistent at times, and ex tele furry doesn't properly combo in the corner off of certain combos. Is there anything else?
Sorry about that, lost track of your post with all the hoopla with Evo and all. I think you've listed all that I've noticed. Haven't had Raising Karma's armor disappear on me ( what scenarios does it happen?). The 2nd hit of Ex Push whiffing is frustrating because your at negative frames and punishable (from what I recall). It happens usually when someone is crossing me up. You have to be careful with how you end your combos with Teleflurry in the corner because most of the time you want the splat knockdown so you can reposition yourself.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
In some matches I have seen teleflurry whiff after some strings on hit, but it seems to be very unfrequent.

What are Kenshis best all round meaty options
I find b1 to be pretty good and sometimes breaks armor
I find with all his variations D4 seems to be best overall. B1 isn't bad, but if the opponent delays their wake up Kenshi can find himself at negative frames or even punished. If the opponent does a non-armored wake up attack they get hit by Kenshi's D4 you'll get enough frame advantage to get a mixup, or you stay safe if they wake up block.

ando1184

Noob
Sorry about that, lost track of your post with all the hoopla with Evo and all. I think you've listed all that I've noticed. Haven't had Raising Karma's armor disappear on me ( what scenarios does it happen?). The 2nd hit of Ex Push whiffing is frustrating because your at negative frames and punishable (from what I recall). It happens usually when someone is crossing me up. You have to be careful with how you end your combos with Teleflurry in the corner because most of the time you want the splat knockdown so you can reposition yourself.
I had a scenario where I ex rising karma as Quan chi jumped in and his attack just hit me into a combo. The armor looked like it didn't even exist?

I had a scenario where I ex rising karma as Quan chi jumped in and his attack just hit me into a combo. The armor looked like it didn't even exist?
I think someone posted a vid a while back showing such a scenario. If I can find I'll link it to you. I'll also test this scenario in training mode and see if I can recreate it.

You were looking to pick up Kenshi?

ando1184

Noob
I think someone posted a vid a while back showing such a scenario. If I can find I'll link it to you. I'll also test this scenario in training mode and see if I can recreate it.

You were looking to pick up Kenshi?
Dude I've been playing balanced about 2 weeks now and Lovin it. I'm really liking how this characters is forcing me to slow the pace of the match and just watch my opponent. Even though he doesn't play mkx like the rest of the cast, I like being able to play like this.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Dude I've been playing balanced about 2 weeks now and Lovin it. I'm really liking how this characters is forcing me to slow the pace of the match and just watch my opponent. Even though he doesn't play mkx like the rest of the cast, I like being able to play like this.
I wish there were more people who liked doing this. It's really apparent how rushdown based MKX is when you play Kenshi and just watch people run at you faster than Sanic the hedgehog.

ismael4790

Facing some A-List Cages (this applies to anyone with a fast advancing mid actually) that throw break very consistently, I wanted to ask you guys:

After the throw break animation, where you both are at neutral (if I'm not mistaken) how you face the situation? It's perfect range for his 11frames f3, and without armor I don't think Kenshi has nothing to challenge it besides a lucky d1...
Backdash is not an option because Kenshi's one sucks, and even if not, Cage can still whiff cancel f3.

Only options without armor are d1, parry (full punish if whiffed) or njp/forward jump? (Jumps are probably beaten, idk...). I feel each one of my throws is a 50/50 where I risk more than what I get...

I'm refering to Balanced, by the way. Yeah, I know I'm masochist xD

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
Facing some A-List Cages (this applies to anyone with a fast advancing mid actually) that throw break very consistently, I wanted to ask you guys:

After the throw break animation, where you both are at neutral (if I'm not mistaken) how you face the situation? It's perfect range for his 11frames f3, and without armor I don't think Kenshi has nothing to challenge it besides a lucky d1...
Backdash is not an option because Kenshi's one sucks, and even if not, Cage can still whiff cancel f3.

Only options without armor are d1, parry (full punish if whiffed) or njp/forward jump? (Jumps are probably beaten, idk...). I feel each one of my throws is a 50/50 where I risk more than what I get...

Yeh that's pretty much it, after a throw break the balls in johnnys court. Unfortunately that's how kenshi is, he always loses his turn if anything is blocked. The struggle is real, parry is the best bet but that's a really hard read. That being said, don't rule it out you just really have to use it in match. If anything, after getting hit by a parry combo the opponent might give you respect to play your game post a throw break next time.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

Jump back? I'm also pretty sure s2 would beat out f3.

This is why I'd really like for Kenshi to have at least one 10-11f mid.. his mids are by no means bad but in MKXL's meta his aren't fast enough.

ismael4790

Jump back? I'm also pretty sure s2 would beat out f3.

This is why I'd really like for Kenshi to have at least one 10-11f mid.. his mids are by no means bad but in MKXL's meta his aren't fast enough.
I don't know if jump back would work, I will have to test.

Yeah, I agree, maybe b1 should be 11 frames.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I don't know if jump back would work, I will have to test.

Yeah, I agree, maybe b1 should be 11 frames.
Don't jump back, if for any reason he beats it you're closer or in the corner and thats not where you want to be especially as Kenshi.

Neutral jump or even forward fump is way better option, still risky thou like almost anything Kenshi do.

Parry is an option (if youre a masochist like me) and works wonders for me if im playing vs scrubs who auto-pilot Cage pressure.

B1 should obviously be 11 or even 10f and a true mid (crushes lows) so you wont get constantly low profiled by scrubby Mileena and like 1/3 of roster d3/d4.

ando1184

Noob
Pumped up matchup is one of my favourites to play with Balanced. If I remember correctly it is considered a 6-4 in Jax's favor, he is lethal when he gets in, but Balanced has legit options to keep him away. This was a fun set, with a couple of miraculous parry comebacks xD

Those parry comebacks are nice :)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I was wonder how many frames do we have to input Kenjutsu's meterless Combos starting with DB1 and connecting with D1/S1?

What are the following? after DB1 ( ) 1 and then how many to the B32 from the S1

B3 xx DB1, 1, B32 xx BF3/DB4

111 xx DB1, 1, B32 xx BF3/DB4

F2 xx DB1, 1, B32 xx BF3/DB4

and how many frame do we have to link DB1 into D1 (meterless)

111 xx DB1, D1, B1 xx BF3/DB4

B3 xx DB1, D1, B1 xx BF3/DB4

F2 xx DB1, D1, B1 xx BF3/DB4

Here is the Video of one of them for example:

MadeOfMetal

this is what i want a buff on, maybe allow 6 more frames between the DB1 and D1/S1. it would be nice. i say if players get Easy fatalities Kenshi should get at least this. I mean that and he is like one of maybe 4 characters that does not have safe Mixups.

But anyways, i was just curious, really what is the amount of frames to do this in?

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
i dont know exactly how many frames, but i can tell u that the window is actually different depending on which one. F2 i believe it is, u cant even link s1 afterwards on some characters or at least its almost impossible to do

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
this is what i want a buff on, maybe allow 6 more frames between the DB1 and D1/S1. it would be nice. i say if players get Easy fatalities Kenshi should get at least this. I mean that and he is like one of maybe 4 characters that does not have safe Mixups.

But anyways, i was just curious, really what is the amount of frames to do this in?
it wouldn't make the character any stronger it would just make him more consistent, so i agree

MadeOfMetal

i dont know exactly how many frames, but i can tell u that the window is actually different depending on which one. F2 i believe it is, u cant even link s1 afterwards on some characters or at least its almost impossible to do
wired i allways get it, i have it down, but these are the combos all my friends say they have the most hard time with kenshi. and i have asked before for like 6 frames shaved off the recovery of DB1, but here i just wanna know the Frame Window he has.

guess they moved it to General disscussion, as long as i get the amount of frames im cool with it.

MadeOfMetal

A recent Online Set against Mybox a good Cassie/Erron Black player i tend to practice with from time to time.

Id say this one is not in Kenshi's Favor being Cassie Hollywood, with those Instant Airs and her B12 and plethora of mixups and the ability to get massive amounts of damage off a JIK in corner. Scary for KEnshi but doable.

GG's @Mybox
https://1drv.ms/v/s!An_YkuB6VRiXhlAT6-GBdjfooYyl
will upload To YouTube soon:

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I hope that they fix Kenshi, so that I may follow in his Kendo (けんどう - 剣道, in Japanese means "The Way of the Sword"). I tried Balanced Kenshi a bit and found him a bit hard due of his astral projections occasionally whiffing around. He's very good with zoning, however, he's having a bit of a hard time with the combos. I hope that they fix him, so that I can lab on him properly with more combo options.

Cheers.