What's new

General/Other - Kenshi Kenshi General Discussion Thread

Immortal

Blind justice....
A recent Online Set against Mybox a good Cassie/Erron Black player i tend to practice with from time to time.

Id say this one is not in Kenshi's Favor being Cassie Hollywood, with those Instant Airs and her B12 and plethora of mixups and the ability to get massive amounts of damage off a JIK in corner. Scary for KEnshi but doable.

GG's @Mybox
https://1drv.ms/v/s!An_YkuB6VRiXhlAT6-GBdjfooYyl
will upload To YouTube soon:

The only thing that this video shows is how you SHOULD'NT play Cassie vs Balanced Kenshi. Also whiffed Teleflurry into... another Teleflurry.. yeah....no.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
A recent Online Set against Mybox a good Cassie/Erron Black player i tend to practice with from time to time.

Id say this one is not in Kenshi's Favor being Cassie Hollywood, with those Instant Airs and her B12 and plethora of mixups and the ability to get massive amounts of damage off a JIK in corner. Scary for KEnshi but doable.

GG's @Mybox
https://1drv.ms/v/s!An_YkuB6VRiXhlAT6-GBdjfooYyl
will upload To YouTube soon:

You should tell your friend to stop being so scared of Kenshi. He looks terrified man and he shouldn't. He made a few tele flurries whiff and didn't run in and start his game smh.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The only thing that this video shows is how you SHOULD'NT play Cassie vs Balanced Kenshi. Also whiffed Teleflurry into... another Teleflurry.. yeah....no.
This video was sent to me be asus you know egl jagged and all , it showed me one thing

There are two people playing this game that have no idea how to play this game

I LOL'd and stopped watching at whiff teleflurry into whiff teleflurry

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@MadeOfMetal now I understand why you think Balanced might be better than Kenjutsu... so many things wrong in this video, you have a completely distorted vision of what is playing Balanced Kenshi in mkx.

Seriously, you need to search good competition, people that know the matchup. This Cassie player had no idea.
dude he is a good player, you didnt see the 20+ matches of him stomping me, and me conditioning him to play that way, it started out he was getting in, and i finally conditioned him not to duck the Tele Flurry. what you never seen is what lead to that so i understand why you feel that way, i do the same to Many other players, not saying im godlike or anything, but i kept out cR Fanaticistic and others after conditioning.

You misunderstood me i think all of Kenshi's Variations are bad, i just feel that Balanced may be better than Kenjutsu in frame data Alone. which i described to you in PM maybe you misunderstood me or i was not clear, since his Projectiles are longer recovery and worse on block overall in Kenjutsu vs Balanced, and Balanced Moves are safer, like every special move is better on block than Kenjutsu's in that sense, i do realize that Balanced loses more matchups as we agreed.( i have no delusions i just asked for second opinions) normally i would take offense to a comment like that, but since i know you don't mean it that way its all good.

When you play with a character you become biased to the character, everyone is that way with there character, sometimes i feel my character is shittyier than he really is just like every other player on mk, they see the CONS of there character more than the PROS. I was getting a few second opinions on Kenshi from you and a few others, i asked about 12 others than you to get a clear answer and i appreciate your response before. you had a clear and intelligent response

Only reason he was Jumping was because whenm he started to duck and walk in i mixed him up with OH slash and BF2 up close so he could not get in, then later on out of frustration he started doing dumb shit like jumping and trying to run in on the same move. he was thinking i was gonna throw out an over head slash like i was doing for several matches before, and he would have got in with the recovery of that move like he did before.

What he did was right, just made wrong guesses alot.

Even though it may seem he is bad at getting in, thats just cuz i adapted to his game play afte rthe 20set match. same as anyone, if i did that to anyone im sure many would beat me, but nomatter who behind the controller, if i make them believe im gonna do overhead slash 3 times in a row, they gonna try to run in, and id be able to capitalize on them making that read out of habit.

Just to be clear he is a very good player, and does just fine, i find it funny when other look at a 2 round match and make a desicions if a player is good or not based on only that.

Funny cuz i play people more than 50 times before i make that type of judgement.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

This video was sent to me be asus you know egl jagged and all , it showed me one thing

There are two people playing this game that have no idea how to play this game

I LOL'd and stopped watching at whiff teleflurry into whiff teleflurry
i just have to reiterate that your an entitled pig. your name suits you.

Every day you post at me it proves my point. i try to like you i really have, but you have honeslty made me hate you with every comment. and im sorry for you. I just don't get how someone who has the spotlight can act like suck an entitled piece of shit. You are no better than any other human being. I would say i used to like your kenshi and looked up to you. that went away as soon as i had a conversation with you on TYM. and i fully understand now why Everyone has a problem getting along with you. except your few close frineds and Youtube followers who don't know you. if they only knew that you though everyone on your stream was below you because they didnt go to EVO and didnt play good enough in your standards. they probably wouldn';t follow you. its great that you make fun of your Fans. what a great trait.

I guess you can say your good and never make top 8's anymore. i could be a dick and call you out for all the times you lost and made mistakes and threw your controller like a child. but that has been below me. and i generally stay away from you. but you come out and try to seek me out to say something mean.

I really don't give a shit if you think im good. i don't play mortal kombat because Brant thinks im good or not. i play it because i love mortal kombat.
Glad that people hop on your dick and try to be dicks just like pig. good day sir fuck off

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
i just have to reiterate that your an entitled pig. your name suits you.

Every day you post at me it proves my point. i try to like you i really have, but you have honeslty made me hate you with every comment. and im sorry for you. I just don't get how someone who has the spotlight can act like suck an entitled piece of shit. You are no better than any other human being. I would say i used to like your kenshi and looked up to you. that went away as soon as i had a conversation with you on TYM. and i fully understand now why Everyone has a problem getting along with you. except your few close frineds and Youtube followers who don't know you. if they only knew that you though everyone on your stream was below you because they didnt go to EVO and didnt play good enough in your standards. they probably wouldn';t follow you. its great that you make fun of your Fans. what a great trait.

I guess you can say your good and never make top 8's anymore. i could be a dick and call you out for all the times you lost and made mistakes and threw your controller like a child. but that has been below me. and i generally stay away from you. but you come out and try to seek me out to say something mean.

I really don't give a shit if you think im good. i don't play mortal kombat because Brant thinks im good or not. i play it because i love mortal kombat.
Glad that people hop on your dick and try to be dicks just like pig. good day sir fuck off
The thing is - Pig is right. You have no idea about high level Kenshi play and that dude for sure has no idea about high level Cassie play nor he has idea about that match up. Cassie destroys Balanced Kenshi easily, there is no way around this. The only way you lose this MU is by playing badly, which he did.

There is no excuse to not duck and run in after whiffed Teleflurry.
There is no excuse to whiff Teleflurry and... do another Teleflurry.
There is no conditioning with Balanced Kenshi, you have no mix ups, you're - of everything, thats just dumb.
There is no reason to get hit by far TKS 3 times. And even on hit if not done deep, you're -1 and he can easily avoid next one or flurry.
There is no excuse to get in 1/2 screen distance of Kenshi and jump on him when he has a bar.
There is no excuse to not blow up Cassie for using b1(gap)2 when you have meter.

I'm sorry but thats just not how this works on high level. You both played badly and you both displayed lack of knowledge about this MU.

And quite frankly this video has no place here, coz you both look like "day 1" Kenshi / Cassie. That is all.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
dude he is a good player, you didnt see the 20+ matches of him stomping me, and me conditioning him to play that way, it started out he was getting in, and i finally conditioned him not to duck the Tele Flurry. what you never seen is what lead to that so i understand why you feel that way, i do the same to Many other players, not saying im godlike or anything, but i kept out cR Fanaticistic and others after conditioning.

You misunderstood me i think all of Kenshi's Variations are bad, i just feel that Balanced may be better than Kenjutsu in frame data Alone. which i described to you in PM maybe you misunderstood me or i was not clear, since his Projectiles are longer recovery and worse on block overall in Kenjutsu vs Balanced, and Balanced Moves are safer, like every special move is better on block than Kenjutsu's in that sense, i do realize that Balanced loses more matchups as we agreed.( i have no delusions i just asked for second opinions) normally i would take offense to a comment like that, but since i know you don't mean it that way its all good.

When you play with a character you become biased to the character, everyone is that way with there character, sometimes i feel my character is shittyier than he really is just like every other player on mk, they see the CONS of there character more than the PROS. I was getting a few second opinions on Kenshi from you and a few others, i asked about 12 others than you to get a clear answer and i appreciate your response before. you had a clear and intelligent response

Only reason he was Jumping was because whenm he started to duck and walk in i mixed him up with OH slash and BF2 up close so he could not get in, then later on out of frustration he started doing dumb shit like jumping and trying to run in on the same move. he was thinking i was gonna throw out an over head slash like i was doing for several matches before, and he would have got in with the recovery of that move like he did before.

What he did was right, just made wrong guesses alot.

Even though it may seem he is bad at getting in, thats just cuz i adapted to his game play afte rthe 20set match. same as anyone, if i did that to anyone im sure many would beat me, but nomatter who behind the controller, if i make them believe im gonna do overhead slash 3 times in a row, they gonna try to run in, and id be able to capitalize on them making that read out of habit.

Just to be clear he is a very good player, and does just fine, i find it funny when other look at a 2 round match and make a desicions if a player is good or not based on only that.

Funny cuz i play people more than 50 times before i make that type of judgement.
I'm not giving my opinion about the quality of any of the two players. That would be hard to do even with many more matches seen. Anyway, I'm not interested in marking players or something, I always think that is pointless.

I'm only saying that the Cassie player has no knowledge about the Balanced matchup, this can clearly be seen in that one game you posted. And playing against someone who has no clue about the matchup will hurt you a lot and make you get bad habits.

MadeOfMetal

I'm not giving my opinion about the quality of any of the two players. That would be hard to do even with many more matches seen. Anyway, I'm not interested in marking players or something, I always think that is pointless.

I'm only saying that the Cassie player has no knowledge about the Balanced matchup, this can clearly be seen in that one game you posted. And playing against someone who has no clue about the matchup will hurt you a lot and make you get bad habits.
u didnt see the other sets like i said your basing it off of me condintioning him to do bad things

MadeOfMetal

The thing is - Pig is right. You have no idea about high level Kenshi play and that dude for sure has no idea about high level Cassie play nor he has idea about that match up. Cassie destroys Balanced Kenshi easily, there is no way around this. The only way you lose this MU is by playing badly, which he did.

There is no excuse to not duck and run in after whiffed Teleflurry.
There is no excuse to whiff Teleflurry and... do another Teleflurry.
There is no conditioning with Balanced Kenshi, you have no mix ups, you're - of everything, thats just dumb.
There is no reason to get hit by far TKS 3 times. And even on hit if not done deep, you're -1 and he can easily avoid next one or flurry.
There is no excuse to get in 1/2 screen distance of Kenshi and jump on him when he has a bar.
There is no excuse to not blow up Cassie for using b1(gap)2 when you have meter.

I'm sorry but thats just not how this works on high level. You both played badly and you both displayed lack of knowledge about this MU.

And quite frankly this video has no place here, coz you both look like "day 1" Kenshi / Cassie. That is all
Everything you said was both rude and incorrect. glad to know your a Pig fan. explains alot. anyways i guess i know some people iu have to ignore on TYM cuz they have no manners or common sense. Its funny you will never truly know what i do is good untill you experience it. you may actually beat me who knows. but when a player conditions you to fear on OH slash you would eat a couple TF's too. thats FACT and there is nothing you can say to change that. I guess you are some Bad ass player and you are immune to conditioning so i know it will never work on you. fuck my bad for sharing a video and just having fun on a couple matches.

i explained, it easy to talk shit on other players from watching them make mistakes. when we first started he was not blocking teleflurry. he was ducking it and full combo punishing like he should, Fast forwards several matches later, i conditioned him to think every time he Ducked i would OH slash and punish his Duck. thats why it looks like he is scrubing it out.

I just posted a friendly match, and pig says one thing and everyone hops on his dick. pig only says shit like that because he and me don't get along.

Yes its bad that he is wiffing a teleflurry and i continued to do it. but i made reads on how i knew he would react. Normally he does what he is supposed to do. what normally happends in this matchup is cassie gets in easily and i get locked up in corner mixup with few options other than punishable EX Rising karma that Kassie can punish with B212 starter. and i guess there is no way to make anyone see it. its just sad that you play some online sets against someone sharing your love for Mortal Kombat and some Entitled pricks think its ok to make other players look bad because players did things that where unsafe.

I don't look at pigs and Foxy's matches and watch them do shit unsafe or not the perfect response and talk shit on thier gameplay.

i can't count how many vids ive seen of "TOP PLAYERS" make bad calls and reads all match long. but you don't see me being a dick. instead of giving a few tips and saying GG.

How much of a dick do you have to be to see a few matches of a player who decided to share with others and call them garbage based on a single 3 round set.

Anyways I will vouche for Mybox and he is a good player. if you consider The very best in this game Sonic level all the way down to Random bad player that JIP all around scrren using 3 moves. he is above 75% of all players.

Seems people like pig have this category of players that goes. only EVO level is good and even in that i see them talking shit on there own saying they made a bad read or a few mistakes "trash player" and yes they say that shit all the time. I even remember some Top Players saying Sonic was a trash player and when he won all those Majors he was a 50/50 abusing scrub and along those lines. Even though he has proven himself to be better than all the competition.

I guess i can start being a dick like pig and his friends and showing some matches he played and calling out his mistakes and i guess i could say he is garbage for a few mistakes in a round. like that video he showed forever using quan summoner and saying he used Low bat into OH jip " how can i block that he says" my response would be you could D1 before he crossed and it would have never happened.

but i think you get my point. Kinda being a dick when people should just appreciate the community sharing fun games they had.

Don't know why people are talking shit on me anyways. it seems like someone talked about a private PM i had with them about a thought i had. LOL and now its a big thing.

I think Kenshi is bottom tier and always have i just think DATA looks better on Balanced he could use buffs though. not like im against him he is my main along with Cyrax.

Reguardless i know what do do with Kenshi and obviously im not gonna knowingly Tele Flurry wiff then do it again, but when i see the opponent freeze hell ya ill throw it out again and im right in doing that on a read. cuz i see them fuck up im gonna capitalize off it.

MadeOfMetal

talk in PM im done talking about this in public but id be happy to hear why you think he is bad based off 3 rounds? maybe i can show you the other rounds so you can see.

Im just saying only TYM can you find people lmaking assumptions about someone they HAVENT EVEN PLAYED.

just try to play him ismael. Several sets like 40 matches before coming to that kind of conclusion. bet you find when you BF3 he will duck punish it run up and mixup, or when you Slash he will run full screen off recovery and get combo.

or maybe you will condition him like i did, or maybe you will mope him, who knows but play him first. ive never made the claim that im badass , i love mortal kombat and i have fun playing people better than me it helps me get better every day. and yes there is people better than me and everyone, noone is the best, somewhere someone is better. but we can all always get better with experience.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
There is so much wrong with that, it's mind blowing. Everything i said was correct and it wasn't rude it was facts only, based on high level Kenshi play. I'm gonna correct you one last time and then im done.

Everything you said was both rude and incorrect. glad to know your a Pig fan. explains alot. anyways i guess i know some people iu have to ignore on TYM cuz they have no manners or common sense. Its funny you will never truly know what i do is good untill you experience it. you may actually beat me who knows. but when a player conditions you to fear on OH slash you would eat a couple TF's too. thats FACT and there is nothing you can say to change that. I guess you are some Bad ass player and you are immune to conditioning so i know it will never work on you. fuck my bad for sharing a video and just having fun on a couple matches.
I like Pig, we both play and played Kenshi on competitive level but that has nothing to do with anything else. There is NO FEAR of OH Slash, my god it's mind blowing how you cant understand simple math. OH Slash is:

- slow as fuck, you can just run under it
- you can block it on reaction
- even if you hit somebody with it, youre -1 ON HIT (standing) / +1-2 (when ducking)
- the risk reward is ALWAYS in your oponent fav. (in simple terms if he gets hit, he loses couple % of life - that's nothing, coz when he gets it right and run under it you lose 20-40% into further pressure).

Sharing that video makes you look like day 1 Kenshi player and gives WRONG impression about the character. Somebody based on your video could think that Balanced Kenshi actually isn't bad and he does ok vs Cassie Cage. Thats total BS.

i explained, it easy to talk shit on other players from watching them make mistakes. when we first started he was not blocking teleflurry. he was ducking it and full combo punishing like he should, Fast forwards several matches later, i conditioned him to think every time he Ducked i would OH slash and punish his Duck. thats why it looks like he is scrubing it out.

I just posted a friendly match, and pig says one thing and everyone hops on his dick. pig only says shit like that because he and me don't get along.
Once again there is NO CONDITIONING with balanced Kenshi. You CAN'T Condition him to think you will do OH Slash every time he ducks, for simple reason. OH is SLOW AS FUCK, he can just stand up and block it on reaction duck again and wait for TeleFlurry. Even taking the OH hit is better then blocking low. Tele Flurry will come sooner or later and when it does you should be dead, there is no way around that. AGAIN - risk / reward is never in Balanced Kenshi fav.

Everybody with Kenshi Match Up knowledge knows that. There is just no excuse you can make that will change that.

Yes its bad that he is wiffing a teleflurry and i continued to do it. but i made reads on how i knew he would react. Normally he does what he is supposed to do. what normally happends in this matchup is cassie gets in easily and i get locked up in corner mixup with few options other than punishable EX Rising karma that Kassie can punish with B212 starter. and i guess there is no way to make anyone see it. its just sad that you play some online sets against someone sharing your love for Mortal Kombat and some Entitled pricks think its ok to make other players look bad because players did things that where unsafe.
There is nothing wrong about being passionate about game / character however there is EVERYTHING wrong with sharing matches which are straight up a bad showing of a bad match up on a COMPETITIVE forums and EXPECT to not be eat alive for it.

I don't look at pigs and Foxy's matches and watch them do shit unsafe or not the perfect response and talk shit on thier gameplay.

i can't count how many vids ive seen of "TOP PLAYERS" make bad calls and reads all match long. but you don't see me being a dick. instead of giving a few tips and saying GG.
Another mind blowing thing is you're comparing your "friendly" set vs matches of top players and say they make mistakes too. I'm like speechless.

How much of a dick do you have to be to see a few matches of a player who decided to share with others and call them garbage based on a single 3 round set.

Anyways I will vouche for Mybox and he is a good player. if you consider The very best in this game Sonic level all the way down to Random bad player that JIP all around scrren using 3 moves. he is above 75% of all players.
I didn't call you garbage, i clearly stated that video you posted is a prime example how Cassie players shouldn't not play Kenshi match up and i can add to that - this video shows also how you shouldn't play Balanced Kenshi anywhere unless youre playing somebody who have no clue about that MU.

Seems people like pig have this category of players that goes. only EVO level is good and even in that i see them talking shit on there own saying they made a bad read or a few mistakes "trash player" and yes they say that shit all the time. I even remember some Top Players saying Sonic was a trash player and when he won all those Majors he was a 50/50 abusing scrub and along those lines. Even though he has proven himself to be better than all the competition.
You seem to be fixated on Pig for some reason. Simple fact is that when it comes to Kenshi he would just destroy you in game / mirror. I'm pretty sure most of competitive Kenshi players like Ashenar, Kamasi, me and probably several more would do the same after that showing of yours. You don't have to believe me on word, we can setup a stream and do mirrors, record them and share them later here, so other people can see it.

I guess i can start being a dick like pig and his friends and showing some matches he played and calling out his mistakes and i guess i could say he is garbage for a few mistakes in a round. like that video he showed forever using quan summoner and saying he used Low bat into OH jip " how can i block that he says" my response would be you could D1 before he crossed and it would have never happened.

but i think you get my point. Kinda being a dick when people should just appreciate the community sharing fun games they had.

Don't know why people are talking shit on me anyways. it seems like someone talked about a private PM i had with them about a thought i had. LOL and now its a big thing.
People shit on you coz you (Jagged) earned it, many times over here and everybody remembers what nonsense you wrote many times over. Your posts althou have many words even wall of text - have very little to no substance, not to mention you were wrong many times over and you were proven wrong. To top it all off you post in weird ass colors like a 15 years girl with tantrum. So nobody takes you seriously.

I think Kenshi is bottom tier and always have i just think DATA looks better on Balanced he could use buffs though. not like im against him he is my main along with Cyrax.

Reguardless i know what do do with Kenshi and obviously im not gonna knowingly Tele Flurry wiff then do it again, but when i see the opponent freeze hell ya ill throw it out again and im right in doing that on a read. cuz i see them fuck up im gonna capitalize off it.
You can play however you like, just dont come to a COMPETITIVE forums and share that and expect to not be eaten alive for playing badly.

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If the op is ducking waiting for tele flurry and gets hit by OH slash it's not -1 on hit. Kenshi is adv on hit.

MadeOfMetal

There is so much wrong with that, it's mind blowing. Everything i said was correct and it wasn't rude it was facts only, based on high level Kenshi play. I'm gonna correct you one last time and then im done.

I like Pig, we both play and played Kenshi on competitive level but that has nothing to do with anything else. There is NO FEAR of OH Slash, my god it's mind blowing how you cant understand simple math. OH Slash is:

- slow as fuck, you can just run under it
- you can block it on reaction
- even if you hit somebody with it, youre -1 ON HIT
- the risk reward is ALWAYS in your oponent fav. (in simple terms if he gets hit, he loses couple % of life - that's nothing, coz when he gets it right and run under it you lose 20-40% into further pressure).

Sharing that video makes you look like day 1 Kenshi player and gives WRONG impression about the character. Somebody based on your video could think that Balanced Kenshi actually isn't bad and he does ok vs Cassie Cage. Thats total BS.

Once again there is NO CONDITIONING with balanced Kenshi. You CAN'T Condition him to think you will do OH Slash every time he ducks, for simple reason. OH is SLOW AS FUCK, he can just stand up and block it on reaction duck again and wait for TeleFlurry. Even taking the OH hit is better then blocking low. Tele Flurry will come sooner or later and when it does you should be dead, there is no way around that. AGAIN - risk / reward is never in Balanced Kenshi fav.

Everybody with Kenshi Match Up knowledge knows that. There is just no excuse you can make that will change that.

There is nothing wrong about being passionate about game / character however there is EVERYTHING wrong with sharing matches which are straight up a bad showing of a bad match up on a COMPETITIVE forums and EXPECT to not be eat alive for it.

Another mind blowing thing is you're comparing your "friendly" set vs matches of top players and say they make mistakes too. I'm like speechless.

I didn't call you garbage, i clearly stated that video you posted is a prime example how Cassie players shouldn't not play Kenshi match up and i can add to that - this video shows also how you shouldn't play Balanced Kenshi anywhere unless youre playing somebody who have no clue about that MU.

You seem to be fixated on Pig for some reason. Simple fact is that when it comes to Kenshi he would just destroy you in game / mirror. I'm pretty sure most of competitive Kenshi players like Ashenar, Kamasi, me and probably several more would do the same after that showing of yours. You don't have to believe me on word, we can setup a stream and do mirrors, record them and share them later here, so other people can see it.

People shit on you coz you (Jagged) earned it, many times over here and everybody remembers what nonsense you wrote many times over. Your posts althou have many words even wall of text - have very little to no substance, not to mention you were wrong many times over and you were proven wrong. To top it all off you post in weird ass colors like a 15 years girl with tantrum. So nobody takes you seriously.

You can play however you like, just dont come to a COMPETITIVE forums and share that and expect to not be eaten alive for playing badly.
never mind man, i don't care anymore your right im trash are tyou happy. id rather find someone better tha n me and learn some matchups, thats what i come herew for anyways is for fun, and to find other cool people to play with and share cool shit. good day man. hope you have fun:)

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
And maybe it's just my reaction time being buns, but I don't think blocking the OH slash in Balanced is as simple as reacting to it. I'm sure if they're just neutral ducking from full-screen waiting for teleflurry, the slash will catch them eventually. And I've seen Balanced players try to play by doing nothing but OH slash and teleflurry from full-screen. Run in throws and pushes are quite strong.