What's new

Kano strategy

I noticed the same thing Arcade-Fever, about the x-ray only doing 40% instead of 41%. so I'm led to beleive that maybe it is being scaled becuase it's a set-up into the X-ray.
If those indeed work as a set up that give us a 4%-9% increase on his :x almost with 0 effort, also, while :l:fp:bp don't seam to work as a setup offline, if your opponent get even the slightest delay online it lead to some awesome 52% damage.

Also, a funny thing I discovered, Kano Target combo :r:fp:bp can't be done after a jump in punch, his :bp animation suddenly become the :bp animation of his :l:fp:bp creating a whole different target combo, but not only that, if you do a jump in punch you can do :r:fp:fp:bp which contain the :r:fp animation of the :r:fp:bp but the :fp:bp animation of his :l:fp:fp:bp

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Thought i might add a combo pretty slick but interesting you can land downward cannon ball after any jump kick and rip out a EX downward cannon ball for I think 22% not bad for how quick it is.
http://youtu.be/UTGAvAVkN5M

BP,FP,BP, dash. BP,FP,BP, jump kick~EX downward cannonball. You can add 4% with a jump in punch or maybe it would scale down to 3% when its all said and done.

http://youtu.be/ySb8zoVKcNI

Thought i might add a combo pretty slick but interesting you can land downward cannon ball after any jump kick and rip out a EX downward cannon ball for I think 22% not bad for how quick it is.
http://youtu.be/UTGAvAVkN5M

BP,FP,BP, dash. BP,FP,BP, jump kick~EX downward cannonball. You can add 4% with a jump in punch or maybe it would scale down to 3% when its all said and done.

http://youtu.be/ySb8zoVKcNI
I would not waste meter on that if possible, it looks nice but you can get 33% with jump in punch :bp:fp:bp dash :bp:fp:bp dash :bp:fp:bp Cannonball or 34% with jump in punch :r:fk:l:bp dash :bp:fp:bp dash :bp:fp:bp Cannonball with no meter, I think in Kano's case is better to save it for a breaker if comboed to death or for his grab X-ray

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I was more or less just messing around trying to get the Downward Cannon ball into combos. For the most part his combos are kinda bland just trying to throw some options out there.

I do wish his B+BP was just a lil faster it would open him up a bit for combos I think.

I was more or less just messing around trying to get the Downward Cannon ball into combos. For the most part his combos are kinda bland just trying to throw some options out there.

I do wish his B+BP was just a lil faster it would open him up a bit for combos I think.
Yeah or his :r:fk could have been a Low, it so weird as a high, it would have been perfect for breaking a standing block into his launcher and then his juggle combo.

On regard of your previous post, Jump in kick + air cannonball is quite nice for extra damage punish, specially if you are playing a keep away game and want to push them away from you.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yeah or his :r:fk could have been a Low, it so weird as a high, it would have been perfect for breaking a standing block into his launcher ant then his juggle combo.

On regard of your previous post, Jump in kick + air cannonball is quite nice for extra damage punish, specially if you are playing a keep away game and want to push them away from you.
It seems strange to me that you can duck block damn near everything but overheads I am just not used to it at all coming from tekken so I am usually trying to block everything that looks low but for the most part usually isnt like Nightwolfs F+FK string its just like kano's but a tad faster and gives a way better mix up.

He has some good single poke~specials that can be pretty punishing and his projectile is nice and speedy. His EX up ball is pretty sneaky also jumps over projectiles and hits on the way up and down.

hjs-Q

Noob
So how do you guys play with Kano's bar?

Personally I use it mostly for breakers or EX d,f+2. Other EX moves are not that great IMO. Also I'm really not a fan of his X-Ray, t's just a throw, actually, it's slower than a throw, it can be ducked from miles away.

Mgt2

Noob

Personally I use it mostly for breakers or EX d,f+2. Other EX moves are not that great IMO. Also I'm really not a fan of his X-Ray, t's just a throw, actually, it's slower than a throw, it can be ducked from miles away.
His meters? I like to use them for wake ups game and Like I did in my video for Kanoball at the end of combos......

Jump in punch, :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp, Cannonball for 36%

The only downside is that :l:fp:fp:bp bounce is really small so you need to dash in immediately and start the rest of the juggle.

If you can make you opponent worry of a :bp:fp:bp juggle combo you can always sneak in an :x after a simple :bp:fp, they may think you dropped the combo and block or retaliate.

Of course, online you have more options do to delay, like :l:fp:bp,:x if they can't recover fast enough for 52%

cyke_out

Noob
I actually like the b+1,1,2 starter for timing over 2,1,2.

2,1,2 you have to time your follow-up 2,1,2 correctly or the last 2 misses.

with B+1,1,2 you just dash, and start 2,1,2 right away.

Plus it does more damage and can hit crouchers.

GitzZz

Noob
Im a total noob to fighting games but ive practicing all morning the combos posted up on here for Kano as id like to make him my main. So far i can get his 2,1,2 dash, 2,1,2 dash 212, cannonball most of the time. Also the same combo off of F3,B2(which works nice when opponent is blocking high), however when i try the B+1,1,2 i cant get the following 2,1,2 chain to connect is there a secret to the whole dash input thing? the only thing i can combo off his B2,F1 is the throwing knife for 19% is there any other options for that? Im using the ps3 analog pad but i have the tournament edition fightstick but i suck with it so i dont use it, should i take more time to learn on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im a total noob to fighting games but ive practicing all morning the combos posted up on here for Kano as id like to make him my main. So far i can get his 2,1,2 dash, 2,1,2 dash 212, cannonball most of the time. Also the same combo off of F3,B2(which works nice when opponent is blocking high), however when i try the B+1,1,2 i cant get the following 2,1,2 chain to connect is there a secret to the whole dash input thing? the only thing i can combo off his B2,F1 is the throwing knife for 19% is there any other options for that? Im using the ps3 analog pad but i have the tournament edition fightstick but i suck with it so i dont use it, should i take more time to learn on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i recommend taking the time to learn the stick, use it for a few weeks and some motions will be much easier to do. for Kano, his cannonball tricks in particular are much easier on a stick. (though i know some people can play well on a pad, or hitbox, or keyboard or whatever so don't feel obligated to use the stick just on my recommendation)

if you are absolutely new to fighting games, be prepared to spend a few hundred hours before you even begin to understand and appreciate a lot of whats going on. there are LOTS of articles on the internet about fighting game basics like zoning and spacing and how to stage an offense or a defense that are really valuable no matter what game you are playing.

cyke_out

Noob
I'm pretty glad we got a decently active Kano thread with some good discussion, but I'm sorta lookingt forward to see what Tom Brady has for Kano too.

I do feel like Kano has some good set-ups for safe jumps on hit, but not sure about those strings on block. I really wish training mode had a move playback so I can test out what's safe and punishable.

And speaking of punishing. Can you only punish telelport punches while they are in the spin animation in the air after getting blocked, or is there a window once they land where I can go into my B+1,1,2 starter for free?

For the :l:fp:fp:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp you really need to do it quickly or it will whiff, if you have trouble you should stick with :r:fk:l:bp, :r:r, :bp:fp:bp because the windows to land the juggle is a lot bigger and you only lose 2%

For the :l:bp:r:fp you can end it with a :d:r:bp for a better damage output, just star the :d:r:bp input while the :r:fp animation is starting.

And speaking of punishing. Can you only punish telelport punches while they are in the spin animation in the air after getting blocked, or is there a window once they land where I can go into my B+1,1,2 starter for free?
I cant test it right now but shouldn't you be able to punish the spinning animation with the :bp:fp:bp combo?

GitzZz

Noob
For the :l:bp:r:fp you can end it with a :d:r:bp for a better damage output, just star the :d:r:bp input while the :r:fp animation is starting.
Awesome, thanks! 21% easy combo. Also you can end the 212 juggles with choke aswell, Is there a situation where choke is better than ball? Its still gets 30% His choke move seems pretty lackluster to me though.

Awesome, thanks! 21% easy combo. Also you can end the 212 juggles with choke aswell, Is there a situation where choke is better than ball? Its still gets 30% His choke move seems pretty lackluster to me though.
Far as I know only :en choke can lead to more damage on smaller combos but on the full juggle do to scaling it has the same output as a regular cannonball so is not worth it.

hjs-Q

Noob
K guys after playing with Kano over the past few days I really think he's mid low tier.

He just doesn't have the right tolls. As a zoner the knives are good, but not good enough. He's ball is just too much risk for too little reward.
Up close he's also not great. He's damage is low, he can be ducked easily (b+2 can be blocked on reaction), and he's lows aren't that great either.
And worst, he lacks any real mix ups.

Don't get me wrong, Kano can put up a fight. but he's just not great in anything.

Mgt2

Noob
I like the set up, I still need someone to test if it's possible to jump his :x after a :fp:fp, :bp:fp, :r:fp:fp or :r:fp:bp, in those 4 strings his :x get a 1% damage scaling if not blocked.
Did you notices that in the training room after X Ray the previous inputs appears on screen? and then X ray damages/hit did..

Did you notices that in the training room after X Ray the previous inputs appears on screen? and then X ray damages/hit did..
Of course, you get the first combo damage, then the dummy is in stagger state, then you use the :x and the damage has a 1% penalty unless they block, but if they block they get no scaling and the :x deal the regular 41% damage

Mgt2

Noob
Of course, you get the first combo damage, then the dummy is in stagger state, then you use the :x and the damage has a 1% penalty unless they block, but if they block they get no scaling and the :x deal the regular 41% damage
Got it. I was messing with Kano all morning long, trying to setup his x ray mostly and I found that setup interesting and odd at the same time. Perfectly for mind games imo of course all depend of who are you facing. XD

Got it. I was messing with Kano all morning long, trying to setup his x ray mostly and I found that setup interesting and odd at the same time. Perfectly for mind games imo of course all depend of who are you facing. XD
One thing though, the :r:fp:bp dont work if you jump in punch, as I mentioned in a previous post, if you do :r:fp:bp after a jump in, fore some reason the :bp animation become the :bp animation of the :l:fp:bp string

It's funny because you can do jump in, :r:fp:fp:bp and the :fp:bp animation will be the one from the :l:fp:fp:bp string.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
K guys after playing with Kano over the past few days I really think he's mid low tier.

He just doesn't have the right tolls. As a zoner the knives are good, but not good enough. He's ball is just too much risk for too little reward.
Up close he's also not great. He's damage is low, he can be ducked easily (b+2 can be blocked on reaction), and he's lows aren't that great either.
And worst, he lacks any real mix ups.

Don't get me wrong, Kano can put up a fight. but he's just not great in anything.
I think he's very good. Straight balls are as great punishers as always, and up ball is a great anti-air. Knives serve their purpose as projectiles. His poking is generally safe stuff, as well. He reminds me of T.Hawk a lot with his air ball.