What's new

Kano strategy

Hmm.. I dunno. I feel it should be pretty easy to outzone Liu Kang with Kano. Just don't let him get close. If you are close and applying pressure, go for throw or choke to beat his counter move.

Might be because the people here are still fairly new to the game, but baiting his teleport have been my go to so far (knives, safe jumps during his projectiles)
Dash block all day vs Noob and Ermac. That is the key to victory. :)

Hitbox on aa shadow clone is ridiculous, it always beats air Ball and can hit behind Noob so don't even try to cross-up jump unless you manage to safe jump somehow.

If you have a nice life lead, I guess zone trading would be a viable strategy. How much damage does his clones do again?

Guys I need some tips for match ups. Kano vs Liu Kang...
Well, he is Liu Kang, if he carries you yo the wall you are technically dead, if anything I would try to keep him at 3/4 of the screen and try to react to his fireballs with an Air Ball, then start blocking pressure, specially now that soon or later we will get :r:fk to hit low allowing for a mix up game, however you need to be quick because Liu Kang fireballs are quite annoying since he can switch from high, low and air ones really quickly.

Hmm.. I dunno. I feel it should be pretty easy to outzone Liu Kang with Kano. Just don't let him get close. If you are close and applying pressure, go for throw or choke to beat his counter move.

Hitbox on aa shadow clone is ridiculous, it always beats air Ball and can hit behind Noob so don't even try to cross-up jump unless you manage to safe jump somehow.

If you have a nice life lead, I guess zone trading would be a viable strategy. How much damage does his clones do again?
Noob is a pest, specially since he can knock you down with his Slide Shadow at full range, however, Noob is at a big disadvantage at close range which kind of make him predictable about what shadow he may use next.

What I would do is close the gap till I get to jump distance and do a neutral jump to bait an Up Shadow Clone, at that range Air Ball should own him in his recovery frames, also if he teleport while you are in the air immediately do an Air Ball to get a better chance at avoiding the teleport slam.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Let´s talk about punish options...
Yesterday i tried to punish Mileena tele with B1,1,2.... but the last 2 allways whiff... I did B1,1,upball for 17%, is there other option?
In general, i think B1,1 is quicker than other strings, what do you prefer?
You should be able to wait longer and just hit her grounded with the full string.

Having confirmed that b112 is + on block, I'll prolly just run that all day until f3 becomes a low, in which case I'll use the latter for basic dumb mixups sometimes.

Mgt2

Noob
Well, he is Liu Kang, if he carries you yo the wall you are technically dead, if anything I would try to keep him at 3/4 of the screen and try to react to his fireballs with an Air Ball, then start blocking pressure, specially now that soon or later we will get :r:fk to hit low allowing for a mix up game, however you need to be quick because Liu Kang fireballs are quite annoying since he can switch from high, low and air ones really quickly.

Noob is a pest, specially since he can knock you down with his Slide Shadow at full range, however, Noob is at a big disadvantage at close range which kind of make him predictable about what shadow he may use next.

What I would do is close the gap till I get to jump distance and do a neutral jump to bait an Up Shadow Clone, at that range Air Ball should own him in his recovery frames, also if he teleport while you are in the air immediately do an Air Ball to get a better chance at avoiding the teleport slam.
Thanks. I can't wait for the buff.. :)

input display error

Whoa, I'm skimming the thread and I'm seeing talk of Kano getting a buff? What specifically is happening? I just learned how to consistently dash cancel his c.BK to condition my opponent to block low, but I would love seeing his ->FK become a low (Doesn't it just look like it should be?) so I can mix up with that too instead of just using it to lead into his launcher

Can I get some confirmation on what these buffs will be, when they're being released, and a source to prove they are legitimate? I'm fine with Kano the way he is, but if he gets a low string, hoo boy, Kano is gonna get Ka-razy!

But I still have to master Dash Blocking lol. But yes, once that's down really no reason not to abuse it in those matches

Got to my first tournament this weekend, and got eliminated by a Scorpion player. Constant pressure and mixups so I didn't have much of a chance to mount any offense. Any Scorpion specific advice?
Everything he did was incredibly safe and fast and it just went a mile a minute so I couldn't catch up.

GStick

Noob
Is anyone having any issues with random EX Choke coming out online? At first I thought maybe I was hitting FP while I was trying to come out of block and do Up Ball, but it happened once while I tried doing regular ball with no attack input. I suppose it could be some crazy negative edge from 2,1,2 or b1,1,2 though?

cyke_out

Noob
Luckily, Scorpion is like one of the characters, I have off-line match-up knowledge, lol.

Scorpion is a 50/50 mix-up character, but he is high risk high reward. Off of a blocked jump in punch he can go for a low into spear, or an over head into combo, so don't let him jump in, use up-ball to keep him out. If he does jump in and you manage to block either option, he is wide open for a full combo.

at full screen, you can punish a ducked spear by horizontal ball. You can also punish hellfire too, if you are quick enough, you can horizontal ball while he attempts it, or jump and then air ball.

Basically, I play this match very lame. You can kinfe and still block most teleport, and trading with a non-ex spear with a kinfe is in your favor damage wise, Ex spear will absorb your knife and still pull you in, so look out for that.

tehm

Noob
We won't know for sure until the quick-patch he said was supposed to drop yesterday drops... But based on what he said, it sounds like the other part of the Kano fix is to make f3 a low (hopefully without changing any other properties of it.

If so, together that gives Kano some pretty amazing mix-ups (still mediocre damage, but meh) that should make him pretty deadly once he gets in on Noob... and Kano has some of the better tools to close distance on zoners in the game (imo anyways).

On a mostly unrelated note, I haven't heard anyone else mention it, but f4~upball with the upball change will likely become a mostly safe (on block) tech jump. Not sure how many other chars in game have one of those (if any).

On a mostly unrelated note, I haven't heard anyone else mention it, but f4~upball with the upball change will likely become a mostly safe (on block) tech jump. Not sure how many other chars in game have one of those (if any).
Shadow Flip Kick comes to mind.

Mgt2

Noob
Guys some one should test :r:fk vs wake ups game... So far it is a charm for me. It does Stop Shoulder from NightWolf and Shadow Kick from Jade. Probably more but I didn't pay mind until now.

kinger

Noob
Is anyone having any issues with random EX Choke coming out online? At first I thought maybe I was hitting FP while I was trying to come out of block and do Up Ball, but it happened once while I tried doing regular ball with no attack input. I suppose it could be some crazy negative edge from 2,1,2 or b1,1,2 though?
i seem to do it too... thought it was just me tho.

Don't wake up attacks have invunerability? How would f+3 stop them while they are invunerable?
A wake up attack have like 8 invulnerable frames, if you use an attack that have enough active frames to counter it you will, maybe :r:fk have your body hitbox pushed back while your attacking leg hitbox is in front an allow you to be safe enough to stuff an armorless wakeup.

Think this like if the attacks were Uppercuts, if the same 2 Uppercuts activating at the same time they will whiff do to the attack arm hitbox being high but the body hitbox being low, now if the same uppercuts activate at different times, the one that activate second will hit the other one because the first uppercut body hitbox would rise after the body hitbox of the second one and so lose it's high invulnerability.

I hope I explained that correctly.

Negative edge and input delay do to lag are not exactly the best friend of a player. XD

Mgt2

Noob
A wake up attack have like 8 invulnerable frames, if you use an attack that have enough active frames to counter it you will, maybe :r:fk have your body hitbox pushed back while your attacking leg hitbox is in front an allow you to be safe enough to stuff an armorless wakeup.

Think this like if the attacks were Uppercuts, if the same 2 Uppercuts activating at the same time they will whiff do to the attack arm hitbox being high but the body hitbox being low, now if the same uppercuts activate at different times, the one that activate second will hit the other one because the first uppercut body hitbox would rise after the body hitbox of the second one and so lose it's high invulnerability.

I hope I explained that correctly.

Negative edge and input delay do to lag are not exactly the best friend of a player. XD
weird I even stopped Scorpion wake up flip low kick. :confused: the timing is tricky tho. hmm

tehm

Noob
That may have something to do with the fact that "high, mid, low" appear to be properties of hits. That is: mid can only be blocked high, low can only be blocked low, high can be blocked either, right? But here's the tricky part, these terms appear to have absolutely nothing to do with collision detection/hit detection.

What does this mean in practice? f3 is a low attack with the high property. Sure, you can block it high because of that property... but if that foot comes in contact with you visably on the screen and you aren't blocking you're getting hit (IE there is no "Special-Mid". Did the foot connect with you on screen? You're hit. Properties are irrelevent at that stage in the combat engine).

As for why it's beating invincibility? The answer likely is that it isn't per se... Per Tom Brady on the last S1lent1 and Tom show because of how attacks work in this game all i9+ attacks "beat" invincibility of 8 frames or less simply because you're no longer invincible when it gets to you. This is specifically why Sindel's levitate is a bad wake up option, because it doesn't beat anything (it isn't an attack) and there are very few attacks fast enough to hit her during her invincibility thus most attacks hit her. Kano is essentially replicating this situation versus a lot of other characters by virtue of his fact that his f3 is apparently always taking priority over their attacks while being slower than their invincibility frames.

Mgt2

Noob
That may have something to do with the fact that "high, mid, low" appear to be properties of hits. That is: mid can only be blocked high, low can only be blocked low, high can be blocked either, right? But here's the tricky part, these terms appear to have absolutely nothing to do with collision detection/hit detection.

What does this mean in practice? f3 is a low attack with the high property. Sure, you can block it high because of that property... but if that foot comes in contact with you visably on the screen and you aren't blocking you're getting hit (IE there is no "Special-Mid". Did the foot connect with you on screen? You're hit. Properties are irrelevent at that stage in the combat engine).

As for why it's beating invincibility? The answer likely is that it isn't per se... Per Tom Brady on the last S1lent1 and Tom show because of how attacks work in this game all i9+ attacks "beat" invincibility of 8 frames or less simply because you're no longer invincible when it gets to you. This is specifically why Sindel's levitate is a bad wake up option, because it doesn't beat anything (it isn't an attack) and there are very few attacks fast enough to hit her during her invincibility thus most attacks hit her. Kano is essentially replicating this situation versus a lot of other characters by virtue of his fact that his f3 is apparently always taking priority over their attacks while being slower than their invincibility frames.
Interesting so I wonder how the future changes will affect F3 and what is going on now. hmm

Mgt2

Noob
Question; is Sindel a bad match up for Kano? I am asking because I am getting beat so bad vs her. The players who use her, keep distance and her wake ups are just -_-... maybe I need more experience vs her.

kinger

Noob
Question; is Sindel a bad match up for Kano? I am asking because I am getting beat so bad vs her. The players who use her, keep distance and her wake ups are just -_-... maybe I need more experience vs her.
well i noticed unlike lu kang u can kano ball over her low projectile i think it might help u... it sure helped me

DanCock

Cock Master!!
sindel vs Kano I would say it's 6/4 in sindels favor. sindel can't go fireball crazy vs kano cause she has to respect the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk