Kano Revealed at Brazilian MK11 Event Konvocacao

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Jan 31, 2019.

By HellblazerHawkman on Jan 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM
  1. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

While we won't have the Kombat Kast to drop some Kabal on us for another week, that doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on and reveals coming out. Today we had a Brazilian MK11 reveal event that came out of nowhere (for us North American folks) that dropped some news on us after a few delays.

[​IMG]

Using this cover image because I'm writing this before the reveals actually happen. With that out of the way, let's talk news! Bear in mind, I don't speak Portuguese so I'm reliant on what was shown on video. And that was Kano, officially being revealed. Kano is also getting what looks to be be a region exclusive outfit? He gets a neat hat. We'll update with a character trailer when it comes out and image when it comes out, but that appears to be it. The game build and event was basically a repeat of the LA/London event, so you aren't missing too much from the stream. So yeah. KANO! Talk about that.

Updated with Brazil skin and default:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Espio, ChatterBox, Demon_0 and 18 others like this.
Coming at you with all dat news
News writer for (objectively) the best Netherrealm Studios based website. Feel free to message me if you have a news story you'd like to share
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Mortal Kombat 11' started by HellblazerHawkman, Jan 31, 2019.

1. MixMeUpDaddy
      MixMeUpDaddy
      Boring, Kano is boring I mean. But happy for his fans if there are any .
    2. Spoobs
      Spoobs
      I'm very into this version of Kano. Like a cybernetic Kraven the Hunter. Can't wait for the skins in this game because all the regional ones look very cool.
    3. Jhonnykiller45
      Jhonnykiller45
      Umm I think you may be making that up.
    4. pure.Wasted
      pure.Wasted
      You could explain the tattoo away as paying homage to his pops, but did he get his eye and heart removed and replaced with the same tech as his dad too? That's a bit hard to believe.
      Son ov Timett, Mulder, Pizza and 13 others like this.
    5. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      He kinda reminds me of MKvsDCU Kano, but in his MKX gear.

Btw... am I remembering wrong, or was there a leak at some point saying Kano was going to look like a pirate this time around?
    6. Living Corpse
      Living Corpse
      A lot of things are made and catered to North America (we have a little too much influence). This is to make players in other countries feel included and not just an afterthought.
    7. Dankster Morgan
      Dankster Morgan
      He does look really young, I think he's the first character that looked better in MKX.

I hope they give him more unique cybernetic abilities. He has a laser eye and chest but his only decent projectile was a generic ass knife throw and his other defining feature is the kano ball which just has to be the corniest and most (soap bar in my mouth) looking special move in either of the new NRS games that he's been in.

Unpopular opinion but I've never liked Kano but I know he's popular and Im really excited for Sub so im happy for you guys getting your character. Iv never been interested in but im excited for what they might have done with him
      undergroundvgt and MKF30 like this.
    8. Krankk
      Krankk
      What happened to the leak of Kano sitting this one out and his son taking over instead? LUL

But now we have 3 out of more menu characters being confirmed... Cassie, Kitana and now Kano... And then there is the guy with the purple outfit... Come on, Rain! If Smoke and Noob Saibot don't make it in, you have to do the trick for me.
      DubiousShenron likes this.
    9. Rice
      Rice
      Im usually not a huge Kano fan but damn he looks so good that im not complaining.

Really wanna see more of him now.
    10. xXRagingFlameXx
      xXRagingFlameXx
      The region exclusive skins will likely (hopefully) end up available to all players at some point so I don't think I'd worry about that. Even though this Kano skin isn't that great to me, I really want the Kold War Skarlet skin.
      MKF30 and Rezk like this.
    11. STRYKIE
      STRYKIE
      Kano? Wasn't in that one.
    12. KingKhrystopher
      KingKhrystopher
      So it's just Kano and his skin? At least we got him out of the way, though I wish he had a reveal trailer
      DubiousShenron and Consagrado like this.
    13. Vslayer
      Vslayer
      I am thirsty for this.
    14. DownfouralitY
      DownfouralitY
      I preferred his X design, but this isn't bad at all. Excited for his gameplay tbh, was one of the most fun chars in X.
      undergroundvgt, aldazo, Alec and 2 others like this.
    15. Gamer68
      Gamer68
      Could be young Kano, but felt that the whole time travel thing was so they could get human versions of the revenants and characters that died in MKX back. It would be kinda weird for them to start of MK11 with Kano dead only for him to come back in the game game, but I don't know.

The eye and heart does make it seem like normal Kano, though. The only thing I can think of to explain his son having the same tech is that they basically forced him to get the same cybernetics so he can be combat enhanced (the cybernetic heart can apparently buff someone who has it, for an example).

I just find the whole present day Cassie Cage versus what is suppose to be young Kano kinda weird. Why not young Sonya versus young Kano? That's one of the major reasons why I think it's actually the son.
      Jhonnykiller45 likes this.
    16. FoughtDragon01
      FoughtDragon01
      This could always be young, alternate timeline Kano, like how we saw young Liu and Lao in the trailer
      MKF30 likes this.
    17. Rice
      Rice
      Is it me or does he look A LOT like CM Punk if you zoom onto his face.

Also CM Punk is from Chicago. mhhh interesting
      Vslayer likes this.
    18. HeavyNorse
      HeavyNorse
      Oh whoops, you replied before I had deleted my post. XD
      I dunno why, there was just something in the back of my head going "Wait a minute!" when I saw that Brazilian exclusive skin for him. I think I read that somewhere, but I have no idea when or where...
      Jhonnykiller45 likes this.
    19. MagicMan357
      MagicMan357
      MY MAIN MAN KANO!
      karaokelove likes this.
    20. iamShorteh
      iamShorteh
      Ed Boon stole your heart, Eddy Wang stole my screen capture.
      Thanks for the mention.
      :DOGE:DOGE
      Eddy Wang likes this.
    21. karaokelove
      karaokelove
      Kaaaaaaanooooooo!!! Hot damn!
      villainous monk likes this.
    22. D-Que Beats
      D-Que Beats
      Pleases link the video of him speaking it
    23. MagicMan357
      MagicMan357
      Kano has been my main since the first, fuck all the haters! Hes a OG he is solidified!
    24. karaokelove
      karaokelove
      If I can swap his knives out with spoons, I’ve found my main.
      zerosebaz likes this.
    25. pure.Wasted
      pure.Wasted
      I would HOPE that the reason Kano isn't whaling on Sonya in the menu is because they realized Sonya and Kano need to get some other shit going in their lives, apart from their rivalry, because this isn't 1992 anymore. I would hope this.

I agree it's weird this is his default. But then again Liu/Kung/Kitanas defaults in MKX were complete what if's. Maybe this outfit isn't canon either.