What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Kano Hype Train Video by Pig of the Hut & Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That's just false and low, even for you. You are just mad that I tell the things you don't want to hear, like you don't have the skills to place and you needed braindead zoning tools like those from MK9 kenshi and IGAU Zod to take a spot; in any other fighting games like KOF, SF, Tekken, DOA, VF or wathever you would have no chances, and MKX has prove my point, sad for you but true.
Another thing is this. I'm not one of those losers that will suck Pig's dick over everything he does, BUT:
He won 10,000 dollars with a bottom 3 character and that isn't to be taken lightly.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Wait so, having a 7f poke that you can cancel into a move that gets you meter and is -5, having an instant air ball, having a huge hitbox on J1, having a move that enhanced your damage and makes you plus for minimal damage are his weaknesses?
D1 slice isnt a true blockstring IIRC, not like d4 sparks or anything like that. His j1 is ok but his jump itself is ass.

Doesnt matter though because his footsies are great and he has no need to jump unless he uses an air ball to get in. And if your poke hits you can go for a 50/50 so you don't have to cancel it into slice to be effective.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Another thing is this. I'm not one of those losers that will suck Pig's dick over everything he does, BUT:
He won 10,000 dollars with a bottom 3 character and that isn't to be taken lightly.
Yeah, but you have to take into account the competition. I wouldn't compare that ESL tourney, where you were classified by playing online with pre patch netcode, with any offline major.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I just listed his weakness but you scrubs choose to ignore it.

Slow floaty jump.
Weak jumping attacks.

Pokes aren't plus enough on hit to follow with a string.
B3 has short range.
He loses life while EX Buff is activated.
Meter hungry etc.

That's what makes him balanced imo. He has weakness just like any other char but as always people seem to ignore and only focus on his strengths.
Scrub these days always jump like a maniac and think Kitana/Piercing is top broken tier lol
And Sonic Fox won like 4 tournaments with Kitana's d1 being +3 on HIT. Why do people still think pokes need to be hella plus on hit to be good, or viable?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No one knew the MU. It was early in the game's life and WoundCowboy even said so.
Doesn't matter. You don;t have to know the Kenshi MU to beat him, especially PRE PATCH Kenshi. People also didnt know how to fight Kitana, you gonna start shitting on SonicFox for his ESL win too? Plus Wound said no one knew the Shinnok MU either yet that never stopped him from taking credit for his wins...

I mean you can criticize Pig for a lot of things, but this video? His ESL performance? Haters gonna hate I guess.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Thanks for the video pig... I appreciate the time and effort that you put into it for the community... this really toxic community.

In order for our community to grow... backlash like this has to stop. Open communication is important on this site but a lot of times I wish there was an alternative to tym that only has quality content provided by people the community respects.

Maybe that could be your next project. Too many people waiving their arms screaming "notice me" and now this thread isn't even about Kano anymore.

We need a legit representation of information or this community is doomed.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
People keep dropping references to this thread, I stopped following after like 5 pages, can someone put me up to date on whats happened since?

Tweedy

Noob
Scrub these days always jump like a maniac and think Kitana/Piercing is top broken tier lol
And Sonic Fox won like 4 tournaments with Kitana's d1 being +3 on HIT. Why do people still think pokes need to be hella plus on hit to be good, or viable?
Don't put Kitana and Piercing in the same sentence please, as if they're similar in actual tier placement.

Thank you.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thanks for the video pig... I appreciate the time and effort that you put into it for the community... this really toxic community.

In order for our community to grow... backlash like this has to stop. Open communication is important on this site but a lot of times I wish there was an alternative to tym that only has quality content provided by people the community respects.

Maybe that could be your next project. Too many people waiving their arms screaming "notice me" and now this thread isn't even about Kano anymore.

We need a legit representation of information or this community is doomed.
As long as the aldazos exist the community and forums will be AIDS sadly

*Stay at home online warriors w pitchforks against productive members of the community*

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Don't put Kitana and Piercing in the same sentence please, as if they're similar in actual tier placement.

Thank you.
I'm sorry but I have to. A few months ago according to jump happy online scrubs Kitana is broken tier. And now they say the same about Piercing
About the post I quoted: Why the hell people list floaty jump as a major weakness of Kano (and Johnny, Kung Jin)? Be glad you have an air move to add to your air mobility (and sometimes I feel having a floaty jump makes it way easier to jump out of Takeda's stupid Kunai, Full Auto's machine gun or Jax's purple pizza). It's only a very minor weakness that does NOT affect most of the Kano vs anything matchups. It's like saying Johnny's B4 and s3 being full combo punishable is his big weakness lol

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
wtf is this

where did this anti @Pig Of The Hut brigade come from, why are they all so mad Kano is good, why don't any of them argue current meta and proper talking points (INB4 he's fine lab it)

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Why is everybody on here ashamed to play a good character? You like kano well lucky you he is awesome.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
D1s are usually not that plus on hit, retard.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I bet if pig had of made a vid saying CT Kano is low mid and needs buffs, the Kano community would have been like: Couldn't agree more, he is unsafe on everything and needs to damage himself to do combos over 60%.

Seriously though, thx for the vid and I hope we will see more vids from you in the future that bring out the best of certain character so I can contemplate playing them and the worst of certain communities so I can add them to my ignore list. I mean your hitting two birds with one stone for me!

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I bet if pig had of made a vid saying CT Kano is low mid and needs buffs, the Kano community would have been like: Couldn't agree more, he is unsafe on everything and needs to damage himself to do combos over 60%.

Seriously though, thx for the vid and I hope we will see more vids from you in the future that bring out the best of certain character so I can contemplate playing them and the worst of certain communities so I can add them to my ignore list. I mean your hitting two birds with one stone for me!
The Kano community has placed CT pretty high for ages now.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I've spent the weekend playing almost all Cutthroat, and it actually made me feel like a dirty, dirty whore.

I mean, I still got clocked a few times for being dumb, but aside from that, it was just gross. I don't even like CT aside from the sound effects, I play Cybernetic, but it is head and shoulders too comfy not to use if you're going to play Kano. I don't mean overpowered to the point cashing in wins for free, I mean just smooth as butter to the point of why would you want to make being Kano any more difficult than it has to be?

But Balanced is still booty groceries.

What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.