What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Nice, Choke and EX Kano Ball got buffed. As for EX Up Ball being -5 I mean that's great and all but you still have to spend a bar, which in Cybernetic we kinda need for combos sooooooo yeah this doesn't change too much for us but for Commando this is really good.

Error

DF2+R2
Nice, Choke and EX Kano Ball got buffed. As for EX Up Ball being -5 I mean that's great and all but you still have to spend a bar, which in Cybernetic we kinda need for combos sooooooo yeah this doesn't change too much for us but for Commando this is really good.
EX Upball's now a safe 2hit wake up move

this kano buffs are good for commando, but cutt and cyber dont help at all.
if yoru in the corner and need a safe armor option then yes the buffs do help all variations and honestly the only thing that cyber is missing is a overhead,,,, cutthroat has range and over head cyber has speed knives and dmg i don't see him needing much help

Youphemism

EX Upball's now a safe 2hit wake up move
...that doesn't lead to anything and isn't plus enough nor does it have the pushback to get him out of any sort of followup pressure. Even if the opponent blocks it you now have to hold a mixup or pressure, unless you want to spend another bar for some reason. It being 2 hits is irrelevant, the first hit comes out in 6 frames anyway, and whatever armoured move it's getting away from doesn't matter since he's in the air. Really not that big of a deal or that great of a buff in my opinion.
if yoru in the corner and need a safe armor option then yes the buffs do help all variations and honestly the only thing that cyber is missing is a overhead,,,, cutthroat has range and over head cyber has speed knives and dmg i don't see him needing much help
Dude...Cybernetic is not "missing" an overhead. He doesn't need an overhead when he's supposed to be a zoner in the first place. You use staggered blockstrings and throws to open up the opponent or do "mixups". You play footsies since Kano has great footsie tools. If Cybernetic needs anything it's a damage boost since he barely gets 30% meterless and gets mid 30s for a bar which is most definitely below average.
You say Cutthroat has range which is true for his F2 but not for his B1, and you say Cybernetic has damage which tells me you don't really play him...

Error

DF2+R2
It's not amazing but you really don't need me to tell you how having a safe wake-up option in itself is good and getting pressured is better than full combo into more pressure.

Youphemism

What are Cyber kanos BnB damage now with the ball damage increase?
Bnbs never used EX Ball unless it getting out of the corner or armouring through something, but I dunno just add about 4% I guess.
It's not amazing but you really don't need me to tell you how having a safe wake-up option in itself is good and getting pressured is better than full combo into more pressure.
But why spend the bar? Why wake up at all? If you're going to eat the pressure just block it and keep the bar for a combo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What are Cyber kanos BnB damage now with the ball damage increase?
Gonna have to experiment with EX Ball cancels after laser hits and before it hits too to see which does more damage. We might have new BnB's incoming soon if we can get a few extra %.

OK so I went into the lab and the choke is pretty good.

But damm now for the bad news..

I think there's a problem with ex black dragon ball (kano ball) it says it gave it an extra 4 damage but my basic combo 112 ex ball cancel 112 ball only does 28%. Which I believe did 29% before but I cant remember. My guess is that they buffed the damage on the hit after the cancel instead which is really useless in my opinion.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I
OK so I went into the lab and the choke is pretty good.

But damm now for the bad news..

I think there's a problem with ex black dragon ball (kano ball) it says it gave it an extra 4 damage but my basic combo 112 ex ball cancel 112 ball only does 28%. Which I believe did 29% before but I cant remember. My guess is that they buffed the damage on the hit after the cancel instead which is really useless in my opinion.
Think they buffed ex ball when it hits twice not once then cancel

Error

DF2+R2
Bnbs never used EX Ball unless it getting out of the corner or armouring through something, but I dunno just add about 4% I guess.

But why spend the bar? Why wake up at all? If you're going to eat the pressure just block it and keep the bar for a combo.
Your only options aren't have upball blocked or wake up block. If you think your opponent is going to be blocking wake up with a grab. If you're never going to wake up you're just making oki easier for your opponent.

I personally think the devs meant for it to boost kanos combo damage to par with others but they forgot the properties of the move. Or they were just trolling. Still a pointless buff in my opinion.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
#NERFKANO

I love all the buffs, but I'd trade the Black Dragon buff for improved OH B1 hitbox (For more consistency, as the Kool Kids say)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
#NERFKANO

I love all the buffs, but I'd trade the Black Dragon buff for improved OH B1 hitbox (For more consistency, as the Kool Kids say)
This is why I was adamant about the buffs. Other characters are out there getting that 5 star treatment while Kano gets a box of crackers. I've seen how this story ends one too many times...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
This is why I was adamant about the buffs. Other characters are out there getting that 5 star treatment while Kano gets a box of crackers. I've seen how this story ends one too many times...
Dude if you think this is bad just look at reptile and you'll instantly feel better. The up ball buff is actually pretty damn good biut I agree not nearly enough.

Sometimes I honestly wonder if nrs has any clue as to what they do. They give shit to reptile and Kano yet Liu kang gets 20% inescapable block strings and much more? Either they are trolling or are incompetent, take your pick