What's new

kabal video thread

Hey guys, I've been maining kabal and decided that I would start posting videos of all kabal related things. Anyway feel free to add combos, matches, etc...

Here is a quick tutorial video I made on an iphone app. lol. If you have any questions or would like for me to make another video explaining anything about kabal, I won't mind. I know I failed to elaborate on some things.

*I will update this as you guys post more videos.

Superb video mate, basicly covers all the techinical basics you need to know. 10/10

EDIT:
After getting some real games vs my friend (not yet registered on this site...) I understand why people do the

B1,2,1 - jiP xx AA fireball - nomad as opposed to the B1,2,1 - dash - f3,2 xx nomad

It is a bit more damage with the dash f3,2 ... but it whiffs alot whereas jiP xx AA fireball does not.

Again, nice thread!

This covered most of the basics of Kabal, very helpful for people that want to get into Kabal.
I would suggest though to use this as your bnb:
f+3,2~nomad, b+1,2,1, dash, f+3,2~ender

I think it does more or equal damage to the b+1,2,1 starter, but more importantly if you get blocked you still have great pressure options.

This covered most of the basics of Kabal, very helpful for people that want to get into Kabal.
I would suggest though to use this as your bnb:
f+3,2~nomad, b+1,2,1, dash, f+3,2~ender

I think it does more or equal damage to the b+1,2,1 starter, but more importantly if you get blocked you still have great pressure options.
Yeah, I use both combos for different situations, but I normally can tell off my jump in if I need to go into pressure, 111 string mixups, or the 1, 2, 1 combo. All depends, really. I'm pretty good at hit confirming, so I will usually go for the launcher if I see the jump in hit or into pressure if it's blocked. Thanks for the advice. You play chun and sakura in sf, right? I'd like to see some of your Kabal matches if so. I've enjoyed watching a lot of your sf vids.

Anyway, I just finished a punish guide for a few things that people seem to be annoyed by so far in this game. I hope to cover all characters/moves eventually, so feel free to make requests. I also recorded some very basic combos to hit into x ray midscreen and an alternate bnb that does around 3% more for a bar midscreen, not really worth it in my opinion, but just trying to get some ideas flowing. Anyway, I'll update this post and the first post with the videos once they upload. I show how to bait/punish kung lao's spin, smoke's teleport punch, raiden's electric fly, and scorpion's teleport punch.

Also, once we get some match videos, etc... I'll clean up the first post in a more organized fashion.

Okay, so I got the videos uploaded and the program was being a little weird, so sorry for the sketchy.

Pyronix

Phoenix
GREAT tutorials. i thought i knew everything about kabal, but i learned two new things.
1. the ex dash to punish cross-ups
2. the kung-lao spin bait. <--GENIUS

great vids but i had already figured most of these out....
but i have to admit that kung lao spin bait is Genius.

KingKuma

Noob
Hey greg, I'm only getting 31% off of the basic BnB that you posted in your first video. I really have no idea why this is happening, I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything exactly the same.

I've heard the percents in practice mode are not accurate. Is this true?

@KingKuma
Make sure you have the dummy on auto block, so if you miss the link from the jump in punch he will block. Video shows 35%, you get 31% 4% missing, sounds exactly like a missed Ji Punch

babalook

Noob
i was just watching onlinetony(amazeing) in this video http://www.justin.tv/leveluplive/b/286189586
and i have a two questions is kabal f32 nomad dash cancel repeat really a block infinite and are they really removeing it(stupid patches)?
Also one more question is there a place where i can see or hear about all of the effects of the patches that are supposed to be coming out.

Rushdown

Noob
Yes he and sonya both have block infinites and according to brady they're both being removed.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

i was just watching onlinetony(amazeing) in this video http://www.justin.tv/leveluplive/b/286189586
and i have a two questions is kabal f32 nomad dash cancel repeat really a block infinite and are they really removeing it(stupid patches)?
Also one more question is there a place where i can see or hear about all of the effects of the patches that are supposed to be coming out.
Yes it is an infinite if you time it right. Secondly, yes, when the full patch comes out this and several other block infinites will be gone.
Why do you think that is stupid?...

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/286329244

They talk about the small patch that is already in the game, and the upcoming big patch.

Pagan

Noob
Darn you Nameer, I've been keeping that one a secret for a while. :p I don't think it's a bug though so it will probably stay in the game after the patch.

Good job OnlineTony showing us just how quickly the runstop inf can end rounds. Looking forward to see what we're able to do pressure wise when it's no longer an option. I've been playing matches without doing it at all to try to figure out new gameplans.

Zonk

Noob
44% meterless combo

Wow, great tip Nameer with the f+4, Nomad Dash grounding the opponent! I've managed to get 44% meterless, and it's more reliable than your combo IMO. I'm doing j.P,b+121,dash 2, dash 2, dash f+4, Nomad Dash, j.P, b+121, dash f+32, Tornado Slam. Doing it this way pretty much guarantees a grounded Nomad Dash. Replace T Slam with X-Ray for 50%.

(my game is unpatched btw. i don't have xbl)

Nameer

Noob
Wow, great tip Nameer with the f+4, Nomad Dash grounding the opponent! I've managed to get 44% meterless, and it's more reliable than your combo IMO. I'm doing j.P,b+121,dash 2, dash 2, dash f+4, Nomad Dash, j.P, b+121, dash f+32, Tornado Slam. Doing it this way pretty much guarantees a grounded Nomad Dash. Replace T Slam with X-Ray for 50%.

(my game is unpatched btw. i don't have xbl)
believe this or not,with the new patch my reset kombo barely hit 37% damage and become more harder