What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

Somberness

Lights
Active frames on normal's in this game are 1 frame, so technically they aren't meaty attacks ;D
Even without doing testing, there are normals that hit on a different frame depending on the distance they are used at. I actually think most aren't just 1 frame. Just look at uppercuts, how many times have you seen someone jump over somebody else and still have it connect?

edit: Just tested Sonya's uppercut, it has at least 3 (frames 7 through 9).

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Im sure its invincible after its start up frames. As soon as he hits full speed nothing will stop it..... well a JC X-Ray will stop it :p
When naked used only to win the match if you anticipate your opponents zoning timing korrectly.

Risky as fuck though.

All the best,
RAZ :en R

Looks like sheeva landed before Kabal did the jik. Therefore, the capture state ended. Sheeva could have blocked that.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Looks like sheeva landed before Kabal did the jik. Therefore, the capture state ended. Sheeva could have blocked that.
Sheeva is slightly off the ground when he does the JIK, so maybe it's another issue where it's "Sheeva Exclusive"?

It's hard to tell cuz they the game doesn't show the ground as she's about to land. It looks to me that she landed on the ground though.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Its risky because it has slow start up. No skilled Kabal will ever use X-ray in serious battle - period.

Saltea Moonspell

There is one other option. While you get knocked down and opponent is going for crossup stay on the ground for a sec - while he jump you get away.

Saltea Moonspell

Dude, when someone jumps you press [2] and he get antiaried. Its almost as good as Tsungs [1]. the b1 has slow start up. I dont recommend it. Upper cut is also good AA. Kabal has decent one (12 frames) i believe. You dont have to be crouching to perform it. So it works while you are standing.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'm not for sure if that is in fact a reset, but if it is than you could have pulled off a nomad dash after the knee instead of the overhead. Than you could of went on with the combo even longer. But like I said, I don't believe its a reset because if it was that would mean that kabal has infinites

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Some time ago i try this in many ways and it is not possible, because when the opponent touch the ground can block all. The only occasional kabal reset is just throw when the opponent touch the ground after connect ND in the air, is more useful in the corner. After a lengthy combo can easily get over 50% even after doing this can be seen that 12% of throw only reaches 11%

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Execution

Hey Erik, you and REO are amazing with Kabal. Sorry to hear your taking a break, anyway my question is sort of related to Squirts but I dont have a problem with input speed. My problem is NDC into strings such as B1 or F3, because I think Negative Edge turns it into Buzzsaws and GasBlasts.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Hey Erik, you and REO are amazing with Kabal. Sorry to hear your taking a break, anyway my question is sort of related to Squirts but I dont have a problem with input speed. My problem is NDC into strings such as B1 or F3, because I think Negative Edge turns it into Buzzsaws and GasBlasts.
When you hit back+block to cancel the nomad dash, don't let go of back when you hit 1 for the B1. You shouldn't be getting buzzsaws from F3 so idk about that, check your execution in training mode with inputs displayed.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
My problem is NDC into strings such as B1 or F3, because I think Negative Edge turns it into Buzzsaws and GasBlasts.
NDC, B1 can be done by doing ND, then instantly holding back, and pressing block by itself when you need to NDC, then just do B1 as normal. This technique extends the first back input of GB so that it doesn't count as the fir
Code:
[BUBBLE][/BUBBLE]st input, it works more like walking then B1 inside another animation. So if we use 2, NDC, B1 as an example, the inputs are:

Code:
2 4   51
 BFB-->B
   ^hold

5 = block
A good way to practice this is B1, NDC, B1, NDC, B1, NDC, B1, NDC, B1, NDC, etc. When you figure out the timing to do this as fast as possible but get around the GB appearing, you will know the size of the GB input window.

Edit: FFS, didn't see the new page... what Soonk said.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Thanks for the help guys, and soonk, I actually meant another Nomad Dash instead of Buzzsaw.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Thanks for the help guys, and soonk, I actually meant another Nomad Dash instead of Buzzsaw.
Ah, yeah, sometimes I get another dash when trying to F4 after a dash cancel. Sucks, but maybe save your F4's for after a D1, or just hold off a split second to get away from the negative edge.

davidovitch

In Europe!
I just noticed something when I was fighting Kabal using Kenshi: I was on the ground and did Kenshi's b,f+2 (shoulder dash or whatever) as a wakeup attack. Kabal was standing about sweep distance from me, so well within range. But the Kabal player did a Nomad Dash and my shoulder dash passed right through him! I'm positive it wasn't an EX dash!

I already knew Kabal avoids a lot of attacks when he sort of leans backwards at the start of the dash (same thing with the ground saw) but I was surprised he even avoided this one which cannot be ducked. I has got me wondering: What can Kabal really avoid during this animation?

REO

Undead
Kabal shifts his hurtbox backwards on the start-up of his nomad dash before it becomes active. It's a very slight change in his collision box mostly from the top of his waist so it's nothing major in terms of what his buzzsaw can avoid. I've been messing around with it lately but it's really hard to apply in certain situations, you have to really make a good read on your opponent and it's risky on top of it. It's a lot easier to dodge highs and mids than it is to avoid lows, though. I don't even think it can avoid lows.