What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

mekane

Noob
@Shura. Well unfortunately I'm going to have to because I believe REO's is completely wrong (almost). I would just add to it in his thread but there would be too many changes. Besides, he wanted me to make one and see how our experiences differ.

@kowal Jumpkick fireball is done by pressing B,B then kick button followed by 1. So your input should look like this: B,B,Kick,1. If you hit these sequentially the game will register the B,B connecting with the 1. For the B1, 2 ND I need to know if you're using stick.
i had been having a LOT of problems with this move, i was too stupid to come up with this input, i imagine this input will help tremendously. thank you.

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
Whatsup lord,
Yeah I remember. Good shit man, looks like you just need to add some D3's in ur stringsor D1/4's. You can catch them sometmes with cr.1 if they jump away then f4 reset from OTG. Also, just grab spontaneously in mid string or if all else fails just let go and hope for a hit lol. As kabal players we need to constantly dictate pace in order to win. Just mix it up.

As for jk AF, just do deep jumpkick insteadand dash into f4 into spin.if they're in air u can just jump punch *land* f3, 2 spin or f4 spin depending how close they fall.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I believe that sometimes if you are further away while jumping you wont make it with jip so the kick dose better range and if you jump kick you gain advantage on block. If you go for jik with agb then a d3 right after that usually works and then you connect f4 or d4 into ndc or just fallow it up with a grab.

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
Lord, you dont have to but sometimes when theyre on the ground you can JK AF for a massive frame trap. As for air to air hits do JP because u recover faster when u hit the ground rather than JK and can follow up

Shady

Noob
Okay, I am not sure if this is the latest patch or if its just me, so I kind of need advice. Before the patch I was able to do the F4 NDC as in F4 B F B+Block on the inputs. Now, that still kind of works, but not as consistently as I had it before. So basically, am I stuck to having to do F4 B4 F B+Block? Or is it just my timing that is screwing up with the initial way I was doing the input?

Okay, I am not sure if this is the latest patch or if its just me, so I kind of need advice. Before the patch I was able to do the F4 NDC as in F4 B F B+Block on the inputs. Now, that still kind of works, but not as consistently as I had it before. So basically, am I stuck to having to do F4 B4 F B+Block? Or is it just my timing that is screwing up with the initial way I was doing the input?
Negative Edge was nerfed, might have clean up and tighten your Execution.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
welcome to tym erik... have you been getting input errors after the rescent patch??
because i been getting a lot of standing roundhouses when doing like a dash up knee after the jump kick fireball.
it might be do to the dash nerf, because i quick dash into knee.

what do you think?

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
@kowal Jumpkick fireball is done by pressing B,B then kick button followed by 1. So your input should look like this: B,B,Kick,1. If you hit these sequentially the game will register the B,B connecting with the 1. For the B1, 2 ND I need to know if you're using stick.
Nice, didn't occur to me that would work, I just do B+3, B+1.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys,

The entire time I played MK, I have always thought Kabal's :x has been the worst in the game.

What is the use for it? It seems quite slow on start up, and I can't see why it would be used as an armoured move, as his :en Nomad dash is much faster and starts up a combo, plus his :x scales like absolute shit in combos, and I can only get the damage scaling to void if I land a JIP, B12 Nomad dash, JIP b12 :x - 44%

Can anyone clarify what it is used for? Because I can't see one single use for it apart from unbreakable damage, but that leads me back to one of the very first problems, the small it damage it does as a move on it's own and the scaling it has in combos.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The only thing i can think about is maybe for a way to finish the match if the opponent has a breaker.Although the dmg scaling after Kabal's combos is huge.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Its not very often Kabal is in a situation were he would need his X-Ray to finish off the fight, it scales after a nomad dash, and it is kinda slow on start up as a naked x-ray.

circle masher

You can use it to punish slow projectiles (like SZ's Iceball), and obviously it can be used to close out a round without getting Breakered. But as XRays go, yeah, it's total crap. I don't bother to use it outside of very occasionally punishing whiffs with B12 XRay (easy 40%).

Fun AA things you can do with it are AA4, Xray, or AA2, 2, F4, XRay, or multiple iaGB juggle, XRay.

It chips on block, unlike his ND/EX ND. Which means if you get a full-screen knockdown with BS/iaGB and they can't afford to block anything on wake-up, throw out a meaty XRay and it's essentially unavoidable.

Still crap, though.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
As Kabal player i gotta say: this X-ray is the top 3 biggest failure moves in the game. "rotl"
The only safe option and use i see is to use as finisher on punish. As for example lunching it after blocked Raidens torpedo. Then you get guaranteed 30%.

Jaarus

Noob
I've been using Kabal for quite awhile and I'm still having trouble pulling off the instant gas blast. I've been using BBU+1, because that seems to be the only option that I'm comfortable with that I know of so far. I use a pad.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I've been using Kabal for quite awhile and I'm still having trouble pulling off the instant gas blast. I've been using BBU+1, because that seems to be the only option that I'm comfortable with that I know of so far. I use a pad.
Best way to do iAGB on a pad is b,u,b,1. Just slide your thumbs doing the bub motion quickly.

AboAly83

Noob
Great work Erik;

What advice do you have for doing the IAF using a stick on the right side of the screen? Do you find it as easy as on the left ? ..... It almost never comes out low enough...

circle masher

Fun XRay combo: B121, dash, B1 NDC, 2, dash F4, XRay. I think it did 45% from a JIP but I haven't tested post-patch.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
It could just be the person I play offline. He tends to make a lot of crossup attempts as I'm waking up and a few times I accidentally snuffed his crossover with a naked f+4 while attempting a ND. It could very well be he times his punches poorly but I'm wondering how many other people use this consistently. I can land it a good chunk of the time but I also have only one offline dummy to practice on.