What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

erik, curious as to the FB execution as well, off an in air nomad dash, do you jkiAFB or jpiAFB into combo? for example off of string b121xx1xxf32spin then execute(blank)

i got it down, i was kicking to high up, thanks! good luck and stick with kabal, really an inspiration to watch you and reo rip heads

REO

Undead
If [MENTION=8836]Erik Warda[/MENTION] quits then I will have to drop Kabal. Who am I supposed to discuss strategies and exchange tips with? You're not allowed to quit until we finally defeat Jax for once.

Dann

Noob
i hope you at least attend east coast tournaments. I watched you fight a couple of times and i notice you have a special layout for your fightstick. i'm hoping switching over to a stick will help me improve my game. I'm still getting use to it but i can't find a layout that works for me. would you mind sharing your layout? thanks in advance.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Here is what I want to know. Has anyone here used a hitbox and seen vast differences in there gameplay? For kabal specifically. I also play nw and I don't think a hit box would be quite as effective as it would be for kabal. So I want to know...please for speak figuratively. I need hard facts people.

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
@ Dann, i use a sanwa square gate stick. I have six buttons for which the layout is:

FP, TAg, BP
FK, Blk, Bk

It sort of resembles the classic layout.

@ YougotCaged,
I'm currently practicing marvel daily, and am starting to do advanced Dante combos etc. However im currently waiting for UMVC3 for tourneys.

Dann

Noob
thanks im a give it a shot. good luck in ultimate Marvel. that game looks pretty awesome i can't blame you for picking it up.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Can you offer some advice on how to dash cancel low pokes better mid block string? I can get them to come out if I start with them (i.e. d/b+3 f+4 b+blk) but if I do that mid block string saw comes out. Same thing with d/b+1 but gas blast comes out. D/b+4 works fine but sometimes you need a faster poke. How do you input the quicker pokes in your blockstrings?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Erik Warda

Kabal Mage
I dont want this to sound like a juvenile answer, but just do it really fast. I do dash cancels from D3, D1 and the best D4.

You may have an easier time with D4 since it's slower but w the other 2, dont even hit confirm just input D1, B,F4

SquirtMcGirt

Right on, I was just wondering if there was like a shortcut like with the db+4 f+4. so just mash that sucker out then. Good stuff XD

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

SquirtMcGirt

Hey just a random tidbit, haven't saw this anywhere, but it might help people who play on a ps3 controller. Crazy iagb. If you hit ub,ub+square then hold it and hit ub,ub+release square, ub,ub+release square and keep doin it like that you can get them to come out like insanely fast. I'm talkin disappearing in their face. Just thought it might help, if you were having trouble with it.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey,

This is something i've been looking into since the last patch came out with the improved wake up attack system. Am kinda confused with the wake up spin proprietaries. Wakeup attack as Tom said should be safe and like in most cases now it grants wakeup attack with invulnerability.

And this is something i've been doing a research on. So far the only special that has a chance to pass through meaty attacks is the spin/dash. But its funny cause i dont see it work constantly. In fact most of the time it wont do what it should. I've seen CPU did normal dash and absorbed my jump kick, i've seen going vs human that normal dash went through a projectile (cant remember the situation is it was all going very fast). There were other two times when i saw it happening. So am in a kinda spinning circle here.

I love how Cyrax can air grab freely through my double saws untouched, i just felt bad lately simply dieing from meaty slide or any other attack where the health bar on both sides are almost completely gone.

Anybody any ideas or whatever, cause i never saw anybody talkin' about it...

AboAly83

Noob
I play Kabal & Kabal only and I have to say his wakeup specials, including the ND/EX ND, properties vary from match to match for some unknown reason (at least unknown to myself). This has been a problem from day one and not since the last patch, at a certain point I suspected my own execution, but after playing with him for so long I firmly believe it's some other unknown variable.

I tried with few sparing partners to figure it out but to be honest I have no answers....

Few problems I've noticed on wakeup with regular and EX specials in addition to the one MoonSpell mentioned:

- ND/ EX ND passes through an opponent, like Mileena for example, while they are poking low (no hits are exchanged).
- EX ND hits but doesn't spin an high jump in kick on wake up (hits are exchanged as both characters glow on contact, and no it's not a matter of having enough life to withstand the hit, not to mention Invincibility should apply here)
- Tornado Slam whiffs a poking opponent

The only thing I can think of is the rule of trading in MK being applied some how in some those situations we mentioned...:confused:

SquirtMcGirt

I have noticed the same thing. I know wake up gives you invincible frames, and there is only a small window where this is the case, and with ex dash it has armor on startup anyway. When you do a regular dash there is that slight little cock back on start up, is it enough to negate the invincible frames maybe? Cause if that's the case Wtf is the point of making the nomad dash a wake up? Lol
*but I get hit then too Wtf?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I like to see what others have to say. This is kind of a riddle for me. The Nomad Dash has indeed strange proprieties. Whats more even frustrating is that in some situations our much depend on this move and when it come to it, it fails.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Active frames on normal's in this game are 1 frame, so technically they aren't meaty attacks ;D

Sasuga

Noob
From what I understand about wake-up attacks is that you a granted a small window after the wake-up (12 frames?) where a special would be invincible. But if you input the command slightly after you wake-up, you are only granted invincibility for the remaining frames of the window.

Tom Brady said that the window (as of patch version 1.05) has been extended by two frames at the end and also at the beginning for two frames. What I make of that is that you can input your wake-up move slightly before you wake-up and it will be executed as soon as your character is able to. This makes it easier to make your wake-up attack invincible from the first frame but it does not guaranty that you get a perfect wake-up. If you input your wake-up attack one frame too late, a perfect meaty would stuff it. And maybe if you enter it too early, you might have used up a part of your invincibility frames and you only get the remainder at wake-up. I hope this makes sense. I would also like to know if it's correct at all.