Kabal MU Thread 2013

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Is my input even welcome on TYM?

6-4 cage
7-3 kitana
7-3 scorpion
4-6 kung lao

These numbers are based off countless offline matches against the best in the world with each of these characters. I don't think any of them will argue these numbers.
I agree with Cage Kitana and Scorp, but not Lao. Kabal beats Lao 6-4

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Fucking finally. A Kabal player being honest with his matchup chart, that's what I like to see lol. I pretty much agree with the whole chart

Lulzlou

Noob
ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE ACTUALLY AGREES WITH WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS ENTIRE TIME. On big stages this is 6/4 not no damn 7-3 and on smaller stage is 5-5 IGF
I can respect that.
I know how to play this mu perfectly but the only problem is me not having the experience in an actual match. Plus I don't want to get blown up because people can't accept the fact that kabal has some holes lol.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Skarlet kabal is definitely 7-3 for kabal. Ill make a MU chart soon for kabal but I see people trying to say skarlet kabal is 6-4, there is no way in hell she even goes close to that. Its extremely hard to do anything. Kabal can iagb all he wants skarlet can't throw daggers, when she armors through iagb you can either block or jump over on reaction time and all her red slide moves put her at disadvantage or are punishable for a full combo.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I think Kabal-Raiden could be 6-4. If the raiden player knows all of Kabals holes then Teleport could be useful.
... Then again Raiden is an enigma like that isn't he? Great on paper but garbage IRL

Death

Noob
Mileena is 6-4. She has good tools vs Kabal. At least compared to other characters. Sonya is 4-6. She has good tools but still gets zoned hard. Kabal beats KL too slightly. But looks good K7.

Skitzo

Noob
Mileena is 6-4. She has good tools vs Kabal. At least compared to other characters. Sonya is 4-6. She has good tools but still gets zoned hard. Kabal beats KL too slightly. But looks good K7.
What tools besides low hitbox?

Death

Noob
What tools besides low hitbox?
Well kabal can't machine gun iagb like he could 95% of the rest of the cast. Mileena can full combo punish that. She can even start her own zoning with ground sais and ias and telekick Kabals zoning on reaction. Kabal is obviously very limited on the rushdown part too cuz of her low hitbox. These tools alone make the mu a lot better

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
i disagree with all these numbers, we haven't seen any of these totally nutty match up numbers proven in tournament, this can't be real,

troll post?? don't troll the MKC K7, we are tender and have feelings.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
i disagree with all these numbers, we haven't seen any of these totally nutty match up numbers proven in tournament, this can't be real,

troll post?? don't troll the MKC K7, we are tender and have feelings.
For the record these are not MY personal mu numbers. Just a reflection of what the community feels. I'm trying to find the right balance with everyones input.

PS: I know we're tender :)

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Well kabal can't machine gun iagb like he could 95% of the rest of the cast. Mileena can full combo punish that. She can even start her own zoning with ground sais and ias and telekick Kabals zoning on reaction. Kabal is obviously very limited on the rushdown part too cuz of her low hitbox. These tools alone make the mu a lot better
This one I actually do think is 7-3. Yea you can't zone her, but Kabal can punish her very well. Its all about baiting her tele's. It can be tricky for Kabal to build meter in this mu though. Only thing really annoying about her is the constant 50/50's.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
My final opinion is that kabal beats both cage and sonya 7-3. SOnya really doesn't do that much better than cage in this matchup, maybe a little better but not significantly. CURBOLICOUS I also want to know what you think on cage.