What's new

Kabal MU Thread 2013

Skitzo

Noob
Well kabal can't machine gun iagb like he could 95% of the rest of the cast. Mileena can full combo punish that. She can even start her own zoning with ground sais and ias and telekick Kabals zoning on reaction. Kabal is obviously very limited on the rushdown part too cuz of her low hitbox. These tools alone make the mu a lot better
Iagbs are baits though, at the highest level the Kabal player knows this. Mileena is ass slow, I actually don't mind her having a low hitbox because of her frame data. Gotta agree with K7

Kabal controls the air. Can punish tele on reaction w standing 4 into reset. Lao has to take all the risk in the MU IMO.
does lao have to teleport and go in the air though? and my character cage can punish tele on reaction too, that doesnt mean its not useful though. what laos do you play that make you feel like its 6-4

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
why does pl think the mu isn't 6-4 and you do? is he just playing the wrong kabals?
PL changes his opinion on matchups daily lol. He has said the matchup is 4-6, 5-5, and 6-4, just depends on whatever he feels like saying on that day I guess lol. He does well vs Kabals though. I think it is still in Kabal's favor for sure, I haven't even been using Kabal seriously for over a month now and I can beat almost every Kung Lao I play with him already

PL changes his opinion on matchups daily lol. He has said the matchup is 4-6, 5-5, and 6-4, just depends on whatever he feels like saying on that day I guess lol. He does well vs Kabals though. I think it is still in Kabal's favor for sure, I haven't even been using Kabal seriously for over a month now and I can beat almost every Kung Lao I play with him already
yeah but ive played your kabal with cage before and ive beaten you before and that mu is worse. you probably beat most kung laos because you are just a better player than most people and you really know the character. not every lao is on foxys or pl's or your level.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
yeah but ive played your kabal with cage before and ive beaten you before and that mu is worse. you probably beat most kung laos because you are just a better player than most people and you really know the character. not every lao is on foxys or pl's or your level.
Well like I said, I have only been using Kabal for less than month now. I beat Curbo's Lao if that means anything lol. We should play sometime today or something

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I think vs cyrax is 6-4, cyrax have great options against kabal in fact I found a 100% safe way to neutralize his ND or EX ND on wakeup, no invisibility frames on wakeup or parry for Kabal and not just in wake up, there are ways to neutralize his ex nd at certain distances

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I think vs cyrax is 6-4, cyrax have great options against kabal in fact I found a 100% safe way to neutralize his ND or EX ND on wakeup, no invisibility frames on wakeup or parry for Kabal and not just in wake up, there are ways to neutralize his ex nd at certain distances
Interesting, do you think with this new Cyrax tech it could make human Rax 5-5?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Somecubanguy has the Baraka matchup at 4-6. Personally I think it's crazy but I can see a few reasons why 7-3 MIGHT be an option:

• Blade Charge can armor through iAGBs and go under misplaced iAGBs
  • D4 can somewhat contain Kabal at mid range
  • If Baraka puts kabal in a corner and stays about a blade charge range away, he prevents Kabal from zoning and can defend better against rushdown
  • Spin gets you out of pressure pretty easily
  • Slices pressure can gain some meter for breakers and armor
  • Kabal can't really punish a max range blade charge
my .02$

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Interesting, do you think with this new Cyrax tech it could make human Rax 5-5?
I doubt it because the cyrax damage is much greater and easier (resets), also recovery of his bombs is much better. One of the things to which I refer is the correct use of teleport and 12... anyway I have new things with both, I'm finishing the cyrax vid where I shown anti ex nd and more

Seven

|| Seven ||
1 poke to interrupt pressure into an iafb is not crappy at all.

Any time during ndc pressure that a kabal does a d1/d3 on block ermac can iafb out.

D1 lift is not as risky as you think. It works more often then not. If kabal is pressuring, he is pressing buttons like a mad man due to the technical aspect, the d1 lift interupts and catches you by surprise.

Also by the way i mentioned i am now approaching the mu, im aiming to drain your meter.
I disagree, I think it's 7-3 or 8-2 for Kabal. Up close, Ermac is USELESS! Mid screen, Kabal can ex through everything, and at full screen, Kabal can out zone Ermac and even punish Ermac's zoning.

Dizz_88

Noob
possible 5-5 against kenshi? the downplaying needs to stop. kabal is kenshi's worst mu and i think its 7-3 kabal.

zaf

professor
I disagree, I think it's 7-3 or 8-2 for Kabal. Up close, Ermac is USELESS! Mid screen, Kabal can ex through everything, and at full screen, Kabal can out zone Ermac and even punish Ermac's zoning.
maybe you are playing the mu wrong then.

if he can ex through everything, then make him have no meter. make that the goal of your MU. Once he has no meter, he really has no way in, you can zone the fuck out of him.

at full screen its even. fireballs lower ermac under iagb. he can teleport on iagb. saw can be teleported on, you can iafb over a saw. a badly spaced iagb can be tkp'd. he really doesnt punish ermacs zoning unless he is being obvious.