What's new

Kabal MU Thread 2013

Seven

|| Seven ||
maybe you are playing the mu wrong then.

if he can ex through everything, then make him have no meter. make that the goal of your MU. Once he has no meter, he really has no way in, you can zone the fuck out of him.

at full screen its even. fireballs lower ermac under iagb. he can teleport on iagb. saw can be teleported on, you can iafb over a saw. a badly spaced iagb can be tkp'd. he really doesnt punish ermacs zoning unless he is being obvious.
Kabal can out-zone Ermac, get on XBL and play Dab, Superior Magic, Unarming Summer, Mygod, Curbo, etc.. and try to out zone any of them. The buzzsaw beats Ermac's db2. And anytime he feels like it, he can armor through your blast and punish you. After hundreds of matches vs Kabal, I've concluded that unless the Ermac play is waaay better than the Kabal player, it's an 8-2 or 7-3 for Kabal.

zaf

professor
Kabal can out-zone Ermac on XBL .
Fixed for free.

instead of shooting out fireballs, tkps etc Try to just react to what kabal does.
This way you are not being punished for shooting out tkp and getting armored.
Try and pretend you are kenshi or something, i unno, just really try to play a reactive ermac when he has meter.
When he has no meter, zone him. All he can do is trade saws.

If you have 2 meters and he has one, bait him to use it and break.

Ie: shoot fireballs relentlessly to make him ex ndc, then break when he hits you. He will have no meter anymore. Now you can zone him. This is why i said to drain his meter.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Fixed for free.

instead of shooting out fireballs, tkps etc Try to just react to what kabal does.
This way you are not being punished for shooting out tkp and getting armored.
Try and pretend you are kenshi or something, i unno, just really try to play a reactive ermac when he has meter.
When he has no meter, zone him. All he can do is trade saws.

If you have 2 meters and he has one, bait him to use it and break.

Ie: shoot fireballs relentlessly to make him ex ndc, then break when he hits you. He will have no meter anymore. Now you can zone him. This is why i said to drain his meter.
lol what did you fix?

Ok look, if Kabal was no meter, the MU is even at far distance because he can trade buzzsaw for db2. It is also even mid-screen. But up close, even with no meter, Kabal has major advantage because of Ermac's huge hitbox.

Meterless Kabal = 6-4

Kabal with meter = 7-3 or 8-2

zaf

professor
lol what did you fix?

Ok look, if Kabal was no meter, the MU is even at far distance because he can trade buzzsaw for db2. It is also even mid-screen. But up close, even with no meter, Kabal has major advantage because of Ermac's huge hitbox.

Meterless Kabal = 6-4

Kabal with meter = 7-3 or 8-2
not gunna keep arguing if you don't see what i mean
honestly just try it out

Seven

|| Seven ||
not gunna keep arguing if you don't see what i mean
honestly just try it out
It's rare to have more meter than Kabal, because instant air blasts gain meter, and so does dash canceling. So for you to have 2 meter to get rid of his 1 meter isn't efficient. If the Kabal player wanted, he could shoot 2 instant air blasts and still have time to land and block your projectile, this would have him gaining more meter than you.

zaf

professor
It's rare to have more meter than Kabal, because instant air blasts gain meter, and so does dash canceling. So for you to have 2 meter to get rid of his 1 meter isn't efficient. If the Kabal player wanted, he could shoot 2 instant air blasts and still have time to land and block your projectile, this would have him gaining more meter than you.
you can stop him from iagb with teleport, fireball, and tkp. make him not want to use that to gain meter.
even if its not hitting him, it prevents him from shooting a ton of them.
if you get first hits at the start of the match, thats the best place to get 2 meters to his one.
also ermac damage does make kabal want to break. that also makes him lose meter.

honestly dude, just try and play it this way instead of arguing against it.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Would someone mind telling me how to fight jade with Kabal? i know he pwns her, but it can't be more than a 6-4 can it? I dunno, its hard to keep pressuring when she can Glow and i can't really zone her that well when she has flash can i? o-0

Espio

Kokomo
Would someone mind telling me how to fight jade with Kabal? i know he pwns her, but it can't be more than a 6-4 can it? I dunno, its hard to keep pressuring when she can Glow and i can't really zone her that well when she has flash can i? o-0

It's 7-3, not slight advantage.

She has a big hitbox, which means all of Kabal's pressure options work on her completely. Don't focus on zoning her, if you're trying to zone all day, then yes it seems 6-4, but that should not be your focus. Ex nomad dashing Jade's projectiles is the easiest of any character because of its slow start up and recovery.

Glow can be baited with any character, use your dash cancels to screw with her footsies and spacing, I do this with Stryker all the time against Jade, it's effective.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so 2ndc will hit her crouching then?

its just pressureing seems hard too cuz of ex flash.

Espio

Kokomo
so 2ndc will hit her crouching then?

its just pressureing seems hard too cuz of ex flash.
She has a level 4 hitbox, check the Kabal forum thread on the subject for more details, like I said all of his pressure options work on her hitbox.

Bait it out, make her waste her meter. Kabal has cancels like Stryker....and Stryker can troll Jade's footsies/glow with his gun cancels, the same is applicable to Kabal and moreso because he has better pressure and flashy parry options.

Glow is a read, not much else I can say on the subject of getting around it.

I know you are the Kratos of the world and all that.. But there is no way that's true lol

It's actually a really fucked up MU.

Kabal vs Kratos
The Greatest Guessing Game of All Time.

Seriously, if it's not 5-5, it's 5.5-4.5 in Kabal's favor.

...Then again, I do downplay Kratos' match-ups. Whatever the case, Kabal vs Kratos is a 5-5 match-up at the highest possible level (cyber human / robot level). It is a pure guessing game that only the mightiest of reading/guessing Kabal and Kratos players can grasp.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
It's actually a really fucked up MU.

Kabal vs Kratos
The Greatest Guessing Game of All Time.

Seriously, if it's not 5-5, it's 5.5-4.5 in Kabal's favor.

...Then again, I do downplay Kratos' match-ups. Whatever the case, Kabal vs Kratos is a 5-5 match-up at the highest possible level (cyber human / robot level). It is a pure guessing game that only the mightiest of reading/guessing Kabal and Kratos players can grasp.
Based off of results there are only two kabals playing at the highest level right now and that's Reo and curbo. Where is the evidence of them playing against highest level kratos?

For the record I want you to be right lol

Based off of results there are only two kabals playing at the highest level right now and that's Reo and curbo. Where is the evidence of them playing against highest level kratos?
For the record I want you to be right lol
I may believe that I am the top Kratos around, but I am by no means at the highest level with Kratos; my own fundamental issues get in the way of real kombat.
Curbolicious is at the highest level with Kabal, REO transcends the highest level.
There is no evidence of them playing against the highest-level Kratos because that player doesn't exist.

Let it be written in the TYM books:
The only character to go 5-5 versus the S+ tier character of MK9, is banned.
He's not even S tier; probably bottom A+ at best, top B at worst.
The only one capable of saving them was sent to the Netherrealm for being exclusively available to those who owned a PS3 and/or PSV copy of MK9. And so all characters got their asses slapped by Kabal.

Karma's a bitch. ;_;

Even if it's in the damn Kabal forum, it's good to have MK discussion going on :)
Yooo, we should all converge in the Kratos character forum; he's the one half-unexplored character in MK9. It'd be nice since everybody else got their share of attention......Kratos' forum has been my graveyard to tend to since August, 2012.

Anyway, it's hilarious that the only character to go 5-5 vs Kabal is banned and he's not even S tier.

Kabal is the reason I win anything. I'm a terrible FG player
Bleh.
>Thread topic
I lack the necessary consistent reading and guessing powers to show how Kabal vs Kratos is a 5-5 MU, but my knowledge of Kratos' capabilities tells me that it is a 5-5. (Understanding =/= Applying. I'm an architect, not a construction worker.)