What's new

Kabal MU Thread 2013

Winter

Alfred Hitchcock reincarnated.
Kabal vs Cage: 7-3 Cage's up close game is enough to warrant a 7-3, and he can punish Buzzsaw consistently.
Kabal vs Kitana: 6-4
Kabal vs Scorpion: 7-3 Scorpion has a high hitbox and Kabal can punish spear full screen with a full combo.
Kabal vs Nightwolf: 8-2 Really hard for nightwolf, he needs to stay upclose and his footsies are pretty bad. D1~Hatchet is interruptible.
Everything else looks solid.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Is my input even welcome on TYM?

6-4 cage
7-3 kitana
7-3 scorpion
4-6 kung lao

These numbers are based off countless offline matches against the best in the world with each of these characters. I don't think any of them will argue these numbers.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
8-2 against Cage is HARSH.

That aside, I could see this being true all the way through.
If I believed in 6.5's, I'd give one to Ermac and Kitty, but thats about it.
It is reality. That matchup is brutal. But yeah his chart looks really solid as far as I can tell

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Is my input even welcome on TYM?

6-4 cage
7-3 kitana
7-3 scorpion
4-6 kung lao

These numbers are based off countless offline matches against the best in the world with each of these characters. I don't think any of them will argue these numbers.
Why would it not be.

Anyway yes I agree sindel vs kabal 2-8 :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

LEGEND

YES!
Kabal v Sektor could be 7-3. Had very mixed results in this MU at SCR with Mosp being by far the most difficult Kabal to deal with.

i think as long as the kabal player realizes that their zoning is a disadvantage to them and they understand how to pressure sektor without getting interrupted by His 12b1 then its definitely bad for Sektor

LEGEND

YES!
i could see some of the 6-4s being 5-5s down the road

And i really doubt kabal v cage is any worse than 6-4

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Soonk is the only person to put a losing matchup on the page and he gets ignored while everyone else discuss' if he wins 8-2 or 7-3. Lol. Wtf?

Soonk, can you explain your thoughts on the Lao matchup? Id like to read it.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
It has come to my attention that no current Kabal match up thread exists on the TYM Kabal forums, since REO deleted his unfinished chart. So I am attempting to make one for new players looking to get an idea on matchups. These numbers are open to debate and will be updated to reflect the opinions of the community.

Last Updated: 2/22/2013

Baraka: 8-2
CSZ: 8-2
Cyrax: 7-3
Cyblax: 6-4
Ermac: 7-3
Freddy: 6-4
Jade: 7-3
Jax: 6-4
J.Cage: 7-3
Kano: 9-1
Kenshi: 6-4
Kitana: 7-3 (possible 6-4)
Kung Lao: 6-4 (possible 5-5)
Liu kang: 6-4
Mileena: 7-3
Nightwolf: 7-3 (possible 8-2)
Noob: 7-3 (possible 8-2)
Quan chi: 7-3
Raiden: 7-3 (possible 6-4)
Rain: 6-4 (possible 7-3)
Reptile: 6-4
Scorpion: 7-3 (possible 6-4)
Sektor: 7-3
Human Sektor: 7-3
Shang: 6-4
Sheeva: 8-2
Sindel: 8-2
Skarlet: 7-3
Smoke: 7-3
Sonya: 6-4
Stryker: 7-3
Sub-zero: 7-3

Overplayed? Downplayed? Accurate? As long as posts are kept civil, all input is welcomed.

REO Lulzlou Cat @ CURBOLICOUSDetroitBalln daddydab32ho Relaxedstate L0rdoftheFLY GGA soonk AC1984 Mosp
I agree with the Shang number. It makes me sad to do this because I know it would be even if Shang's hitbox wasn't ginormous :(.

I dunno if I agree with it being 9-1 against Sheeva, yeah Sheeva sucks and Kabal is awesome but all he really has on her is that dash cancelling infinite and you can't go hopping around with telestomps all day or you get dashed, but you don't have to spam telestomp and you can armor through the infinite. You just have to pace yourself and make some good reads on when to use meter as Sheeva. I'd say 8-2 at worst. I personally feel Kung Lao and Mileena are more harsh on Sheeva and they aren't even considered 9-1.

Carry on.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I can't see the KL matchup ever going to be 5-5. Also it might be me, but the Freddy matchup feels more 7-3 as it gets rough for him when Kabal is pressuring...everything else is spot-on.

I believe Kitana vs Kabal is 3.5/6.5 AT BEST for Kabal, also Lao and Jax going even whit him, just look at Tyrant smacking Kabals :D

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The Scorpion matchup is still very sketchy and player dependent, the way it's currently played I feel it's 6-4 but I don't disagree with 7-3 either.

On this note, it was a strange design decision making Kabal a low-ish hitbox character while making Kang a high hitbox character, when they have similar traits. Kabal is the only hardcore zoner NRS had in mind to make a low hitbox. The one time a Jax player needed a high hitbox the most...
Are you seriously under the impression that NRS picks and choose who has big and low hitboxes?

Actually nevermind you're right, NRS have been doing this for years and decided to make LP's whiff on Stryker for the fun of it in UMK3.

Kabal can punish spear full screen with a full combo.
Cage beats Sub-Zero 7-3 because he can jump over ice puddle.
(joking aside, that has to be the single worst reason I've ever seen behind anyone winning any matchup in my life)