What's new

Justin Wong gives us his thoughts on "Injustice: Gods Among Us"

You're going to get a lot.

"I'll try it, I mean its a chance at free money".

Isn't there a recent tweet from him saying that Injustice is his game?
His game to make money in? He said multiple times on stream that he dislike SF4, loves marvel, plays other games for money, and is currently enjoying sfxt.

Its pretty obvious most people will try injustice because its 1) new and/or 2) has money behind it. Look at MK9 and how many people played that at first.

Goldi

Noob
I confess, I've only had a passing interest in Injustice until now. I assumed I would play it a couple weekends at most and be over it.

This really does make the game more alluring for a few reasons. Community growth being the biggest of them. Great interview. <3

And shut up, how cute would I look as Harley Quin?? :D

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
the only problem i have with not having a block buttin the the fact that, what if u get close to your opponent and wanna dash back to try an make em wiff? then what? won't u end up blocking instead?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I confess, I've only had a passing interest in Injustice until now. I assumed I would play it a couple weekends at most and be over it.

This really does make the game more alluring for a few reasons. Community growth being the biggest of them. Great interview. <3

Harley Goldfish...mmmmm... :D

His game to make money in? He said multiple times on stream that he dislike SF4, loves marvel, plays other games for money, and is currently enjoying sfxt.
Its pretty obvious most people will try injustice because its 1) new and/or 2) has money behind it. Look at MK9 and how many people played that at first.
I think you're being waaaaay to negative.

1. FilipinoChamp plays like what? 8 hours per day Marvel to become better at the game? He said multiple times that he is naturally not as talented as Justin Wong for example and that he actually needs to practice a game to be good at it.

So it's not like he is going to pick up Injustice and simply body everyone. He will have to invest time and effort to win.

2. They're professional gamers. Are you one as well? If you're not, then be sure that they have a totally different mindset than you. They don't go to tournaments to compete with the best players... maybe that was the case years ago, but now they probably go to tournaments to win these, make a name for themselves and make a living with the stuff they like to do: play fighting games.

And if there are thousands of real life Bison dollars potentially waiting for you, you will be playing the game to get these.

3. Even if he only spends time at the beginning of the games life cycle, he is still going to bring in a lot of needed hype at the beginning. It will be exciting to watch him and the others play, after they practiced for weeks to be able to pull off their strategies and combos.

Besides that, FilipinoChamp probably has few fans out there and they will check out the game, simply because he is playing it, so they will give it a shot as well. These people will make sure that you have more opponents online later on. Be happy about it.

And the final point... how many well known Marvel / SF players are playing Persona 4? I don't think that many and I personally basically never hear something about the game, simply because it seems to be lacking the hype.
If Injustice turns out to be a good, solid and hell maybe even balanced game - expect to see a lot of hype, if well known players stick to it and bring their community with them.

Injustice sure does offer a lot in terms of hype: back to block, cross ups, a shit load of stuff you can do with your meter, brutal Solomon Grundy moves and so on.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
If F Champ and Chris G are coming to this then Id say its a safe bet that Justin will be playing it for awhile too. Those are his most noteable rivals. Not arch nemesis mind you, but two of his most noted to play competitors are two people already confirming they are going in on this game and he gets his best matches from them.

I think you're being waaaaay to negative.

1. FilipinoChamp plays like what? 8 hours per day Marvel to become better at the game? He said multiple times that he is naturally not as talented as Justin Wong for example and that he actually needs to practice a game to be good at it.

So it's not like he is going to pick up Injustice and simply body everyone. He will have to invest time and effort to win.

2. They're professional gamers. Are you one as well? If you're not, then be sure that they have a totally different mindset than you. They don't go to tournaments to compete with the best players... maybe that was the case years ago, but now they probably go to tournaments to win these, make a name for themselves and make a living with the stuff they like to do: play fighting games.

And if there are thousands of real life Bison dollars potentially waiting for you, you will be playing the game to get these.

3. Even if he only spends time at the beginning of the games life cycle, he is still going to bring in a lot of needed hype at the beginning. It will be exciting to watch him and the others play, after they practices for weeks to be able to pull off their strategies and combos.

Besides that, FilipinoChamp probably has few fans out there and they will check out the game, simply because he is playing it, so they will give it a shot as well. These people will make sure that you have more opponents online later on. Be happy about it.

And the final point... how many well known Marvel / SF players are playing Persona 4? I don't think that many and I personally basically never hear something about the game, simply because it seems to be lacking the hype.
If Injustice turns out to be a good, solid and hell maybe even balanced game - expect to see a lot of hype, if well known players stick to it and bring their community with them.

Injustice sure does offer a lot in terms of hype: back to block, cross ups, a shit load of stuff you can do with your meter, brutal Solomon Grundy moves and so on.

What are you even talking about?

1) he plays marvel because he loves the game. He said its one of the few games he would play even if there was zero money and you can tell its true based on his actions about the game. I never said he would win injustice free. I said its a chance at free money since its a new game and everybody is on the same playing level.

2) yeah thats why I said he is going to play injustice for the money. He even admitted that on stream multiple times. Everybody knows this. People will play injustice because its a new game and people like new games. Shit I own just about every big fighter minus VF5 and SG.

How many Marvel/SF players play persona 4? Lets see
Justin Wong, Marlin Pie, Shady K, Dj Houshen, Alex Valle, Chris G, Yipes (he has said on twitter he plays mitsuru), Dacidbro, Apologyman (3rd place marvel SCR), Romance, Mr KOF, TheAnswer and a few others notable players. P4A has its own issues of why its not very big. One its anime, the second is the anime community is very insular. Their own streams, their own setups etc etc.

I feel like you are just talking out of your ass on this one.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
the only problem i have with not having a block buttin the the fact that, what if u get close to your opponent and wanna dash back to try an make em wiff? then what? won't u end up blocking instead?
Not if you don't get hit. Think of it like MK, but without having to hold down a button to block. It is pretty much the same except for crossups. The only time you'll block while holding back is if a attack connects. Which makes battling for position/footsies more important.

Better person to interview would be Valle, PR Rog, or even Ultradavid. Fchamp has already given his opinion of the game and thats

1) I don't like the game, i think its ass
2) I'm going to enter just to win the money
3) I like Green Arrow.

All of it is in his twitch archives.
Ya I agree STORMS should interview TOs and see what they're doing to push this new IP in their regions.

Also what's so good about PR Rog? I know he's a nice dude, he always is like smiling and I don't think I've ever seen him talk shit on anything, but why him?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
To be honest, I only see champ playing Injustice for like two weeks max.
The "serious" money won't come until it comes to EVO or MLG

Chris G and Jwong will both probably continue playing it, there both whores and would play literally anything. Always fun to watch Jwong play any game though, even when he barely has any idea how to play it, and just rides on his general fundimentals.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
If you backdash before the attack comes out, it won't happen. It'll only block for you if something is immediately about to hit you.

Ya I agree STORMS should interview TOs and see what they're doing to push this new IP in their regions.

Also what's so good about PR Rog? I know he's a nice dude, he always is like smiling and I don't think I've ever seen him talk shit on anything, but why him?
Rog plays a lot of fighters at a high level. He picks up games pretty fast. Rog/Chris G/Justin Wong/Valle/Ricky/Combofiend are all known to have "natural" talent in fighting games. Their skills clearly carry over to other games. While others have to learn the harder way (Champ has gone on record and admitted this as well, he says its one of the reasons why he has to count frames)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Not if you don't get hit. Think of it like MK, but without having to hold down a button to block. It is pretty much the same except for crossups. The only time you'll block while holding back is if a attack connects. Which makes battling for position/footsies more important.
well hopefully getting used to that won't be to problematic for my footsies.

Rog plays a lot of fighters at a high level. He picks up games pretty fast. Rog/Chris G/Justin Wong/Valle/Ricky/Combofiend are all known to have "natural" talent in fighting games. Their skills clearly carry over to other games. While others have to learn the harder way (Champ has gone on record and admitted this as well, he says its one of the reasons why he has to count frames)
Jesus said he is playing GA, Yipes said Grundy I think.

What are you even talking about?
Just juging by the first sentence one can tell that you're in the defensive mode right now and that there's not going to come that much from you.

1) he plays marvel because he loves the game. He said its one of the few games he would play even if there was zero money and you can tell its true based on his actions about the game. I never said he would win injustice free. I said its a chance at free money since its a new game and everybody is on the same playing level.
You didn't adress all of the positive stuff that comes along with FilipinoChamp if he somewhat sticks to Injustice.
You're being very, very negative right now and it obviously sounds like the only reason for that is that you're butthurt, because well known Marvel players will drop Injustice just like they dropped MK9, which is - a totally different game.
Besides that, you're downtalking FilipinoChamp for maybe dropping Injustice (which would actually even be understandable, since

a) he already nearly mastered UMVC3 which he has shown by winning majors,
b) he made a name for himself and has sponsors,
e) even for a good player like him it's near impossible to play multiple fighting games at the same time and be good at all of them at the same time.

Besides all that it should be pretty fucking obvious that at the beginning and probably also way later on - games like Marvel 3 and SF4 will always have bigger money-pots than Injustice, simply because Injustice will have to make a name for itself and that doesn't happen over night.

AND BESIDES ALL OF THAT,
you talking about Marvel 3 being FilipinoChamps favorite fighting game doesn't mean ANYTHING, if we take into consideration that there are more than enough people on the same level who don't think about Marvel 3 that greatly, because of it's randomness and sometimes even cheapness.

And they still stick to the game. Why? Because they're good at it and because they can make a lot of money with it.
Are the Marvel 3 fans now supposed to trashtalk these better players, just because they go to tournaments to win the money?

2) yeah thats why I said he is going to play injustice for the money. He even admitted that on stream multiple times. Everybody knows this. People will play injustice because its a new game and people like new games. Shit I own just about every big fighter minus VF5 and SG.
I'm pretty sure that there are more players who are playing Marvel 3 just for the money than there will be for Injustice.
The people who say that Marvel is random and cheap are the best examples and these are pretty big names like ChrisG for example, yet they stick to the game.
I don't even think that ChrisG enjoys the game, yet he kinda mains the game.
How many Marvel/SF players play persona 4? Lets see
Justin Wong, Marlin Pie, Shady K, Dj Houshen, Alex Valle, Chris G, Yipes (he has said on twitter he plays mitsuru), Dacidbro, Apologyman (3rd place marvel SCR), Romance, Mr KOF, TheAnswer and a few others notable players. P4A has its own issues of why its not very big. One its anime, the second is the anime community is very insular. Their own streams, their own setups etc etc.
How many of them are actually playing Persona 4 seriously?
Not many, because as I already said - you can't concentrate on 4-5 fighting games, unless you're Justin Wong and even he has very, very, very bad days.

I feel like you are just talking out of your ass on this one.
I feel like your response to me will be laughable.

Just juging by the first sentence one can tell that you're in the defensive mode right now and that there's not going to come that much from you.
Rofl "you're in defensive mode". No motherfucker I'm not but trying to play counselor on the internet is lolworthy.

All this hypothetical shit you're saying has zero worth because Fchamp has come out and said what he said. He doesn't plan on staying with injustice based on his current view of the game. He said this, done deal unless he changes his mind. Also why do I need to discuss about fchamp positives? What does that have to do with anything?

Injustice will have a bigger pot than SF4/MvC3. MLG and WB?

I honestly have no idea why you keep posting. There are better people to interview then champ about injustice because Fchamp answers almost every question already on stream.

also on that list about 80% of them play seriously. The only ones that don't play serious is Justin, and Yipes.

I'm done. I don't need another MKF30 talking to me. Post all you want because I'm not going to respond.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

Who said you were cute in the first place?

DDAAAAAAMMN