What's new

Tech - Cyrax Just-Frame Hard to Blockable Looping Vortex

Everytime someone does this to me I leave the match after I lose. It's just not fun. And for the person doing this over and over and over, how can this be fun for them as well?

Also when you win like this, does it seriously make you think you're good?

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Most htbs are just overhead low from net lol. B3d4 setup is easy to block with 15 min practice.

just to give you some pointers. we all know its cheap! (the reset)

i think it is as well.

most of his Hard To Blockables, are very avoidable. when they use the normal setup like a 111/4/F13 into bomb lay then rc to B3D4 you for a hard to blockable, you can backdash, armor, and even jump out.

as for your problems with the Net low bomb B2 Reset. they have to Use meter over and over to keep you in it. (metered Net to drain your Bars)

when match begins you start with a bar, do your best to get the first hit for that extra bar. if you can't don't worry.

you can break that reset at 40% damage with 2 bars.

considering he has combos that are higher damage than when you can break the reset this seems somewhat fair and a viable response to the Reset. if they falter on thier timing you may be able to block the reset, make sure to always try to block Low oh as fast as possible, and you may block it.

as long as you don't let him combo you, keep him ranged at just past footsie, you should be safe from all resets. Cyrax only has B1 as a viable Overhead. his B2 is 35frames on startup, and in most situations its a death sentence for him.
B3 is fairly quick but severearly punishable on its own. get familiar with his options, and realize that he most likely will use a low starter, because he is limited in the oh department. and that his OH is more than 14 frames startup. any poke in the game will counter that move. make sure to check him every chance you get.

other than normal fundamentals i have nothing else to offer you. but thats how i beat other cyrax's, and yes i am a Cyrax main. i mostly don't use the Reset. and i do use the HTB's since i find them to be avoidable, and its the opponents fault for getting into my HTB's.
the people i practice with i tell them how to conter my moves on each set, as its the same thing they do for me.

Cyrax's weakness is in the neutral. his pressure can be good in the right hands, but in most online players will not have a good Pressure game, you will notice they will use F13 into buzzsaw to make it safe then follow up with OH moves, at this time you can use the poke check i told you about, and many pokes on hit garantee RC into full combo punish.

i hope this helps you
@Bucketfeet

and if you are playing First to 1ers, then brush those off because it means nothing to lose to that.

what makes you a better player is Sets. i usually play 50+ matches in a row with people when im learning the matchups.

and against a new character, you must do the same. learn thier tendencies and faults. negative moves, moves they repeat. so you can punish the moves that are unsafe and, ones they telegraph, maybe your response is a special move, a normal that low profiles a high, or maybe even a faster poke. or an armor breaking move.. you will figure it out.
Thanks man I appreciate the post rather than just saying 'git gud'. It's still really annoying to be stuck in the loop of net, bomb, overhead. Over and over again. It's next to impossible to block online.