What's new

Juicy X: The Final Squeeze

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Bane knocks you down and you have a 33% chance of guessing right. That means he has 77% chance of winning or taking a lifebar just by knocking you down.
Somebody cannot into arithmetics and probability calculus alike.
Uhm, sorry. As a former D&D player and current 40k backseat strategist, I just couldn't help myself :p
Not that this discussion was very constructive before this post happened either, so...

coolwhip

Noob
I can go back and watch the set lol it was a bane that just did specials
Then I suggest grinding out the match-up (in be4 no because MKX). If you lost to a Bane doing only special moves, it's pretty rich to suggest you were outplaying him. Also you play MMH. Safe to say you have options.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Then I suggest grinding out the match-up (in be4 no because MKX). If you lost to a Bane doing only special moves, it's pretty rich to suggest you were outplaying him. Also you play MMH. Safe to say you have options.
MKX is coming out soon. And its gonna be a much better game. No use now

Espio

Kokomo
@Espio I never have a problem admitting I got outplayed. But that mu is one I honestly think you don't have to play carefully to win in. Mind you injustice as a whole is that way. It's a gigantic guessing game. Bane knocks you down and you have a 33% chance of guessing right. That means he has 77% chance of winning or taking a lifebar just by knocking you down. It is true that mmh does have very good damage but his combos require practice, spacing, amazing hit confirms and the ability to mix it up on the fly mid combo to get a more advantageous result. Bane just has to press one certain input and hope the opponent didn't pick the counter.

Now I want to reiterate that I don't mean to downplay your win at all. You beat me and that's that. But I was just answering the question asked and I thought I played harder and smarter and lost to mostly chance. But that's how this game goes and I give you props for working smart not hard
If you honestly believe Bane doesn't have to fight Martian Manhunter carefully, I don't even know what to say. Not only does Martian have the ability to regulate Bane extremely well with his zoning, his double hitting back 3, superb mobility,and footsies are huge assets among other tools like his excellent interactable control. Bane isn't free in the match up, but he's definitely working just as hard (or harder) than Martian Manhunter. The problem many people face is trying to treat Bane like he's the same as other characters when he's not at all. Martian Manhunter winning that match up isn't even controversial.

Sorry you have to think on knockdown against a character designed around strong oki, burst damage and armor. Martian still has better options than quite a few characters on knockdown.

Execution is not even relevant to anything we're talking about honestly. I play Martian Manhunter as a SECONDARY, I'm doing more than fine against serious Bane mainers, not sure what to say other than maybe you're not playing the match up right or maybe Bipolar is just better than you.

The way you talk about Injustice is just annoying, as if other fighting games (including the golden standard MK9) don't have stupid dirt and over the top tools for the top tier characters, that's usually how it goes regardless of fighting game.

Good grief lol.

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

If you honestly believe Bane doesn't have to fight Martian Manhunter carefully, I don't know what to even say. Not only does Martian have the ability to regulate Bane extremely well with his zoning, his double hitting back 3, superb mobility,and footsies is a huge asset among other tools like his excellent interactable control. Bane isn't free in the match up, but he's definitely working just as hard (or harder) than Martian Manhunter. The problem many people face is trying to treat Bane like he's the same as other characters when he's not at all. Martian Manhunter winning that match up isn't even controversial.

Sorry you have to think on knockdown against a character designed around strong oki, burst damage and armor. Martian still has better options than quite a few characters on knockdown.

Execution is not even relevant to anything we're talking about honestly. I play Martian Manhunter as a SECONDARY, I'm doing more than fine against serious Bane mainers, not sure what to say other than maybe you're not playing the match up right or maybe Bipolar is just better than you.

The way you talk about Injustice is just annoying, as if other fighting games (including the golden standard MK9) don't have stupid dirt and over the top tools for the top tier characters, that's usually how it goes regardless of fighting game.

Good grief lol.
Injustice is a party game. For people who just want to have fun with friends. At a high level its a total gamble most of the time. Its a game of who can get stuff going first. Ive played in many tournament and I never lost an MK set where i didn't know why i lost. In Injustice thats almost every game i lose. Oh i guessed wrong. I guess i lose! The lack of fundamentals is disturbing. Perhaps thats why i struggle with it. Im not as good with the easier ways of winning

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Injustice is a party game. For people who just want to have fun with friends. At a high level its a total gamble most of the time. Its a game of who can get stuff going first. Ive played in many tournament and I never lost an MK set where i didn't know why i lost. In Injustice thats almost every game i lose. Oh i guessed wrong. I guess i lose! The lack of fundamentals is disturbing. Perhaps thats why i struggle with it. Im not as good with the easier ways of winning
Well you aren't good period if you can't win with Martian. He has everything you are bitching about, sorry dude.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
If you feel that strongly about Injustice not being a competitive game, you should have quit a long time ago. It's great if you want to support NRS games at tournaments but talking straight trash about it on forums doesn't help anyone. If Injustice is just a 'party game', you have no appreciation for the hard work that so many players put into it and for the skill that has been shown in so many tournaments. It would be much better if you let the players that enjoy the game to enjoy it and keep that scrub mentality to yourself.

I apologize to those who read Dink's nonsense on behalf of Canada.

If you feel that strongly about Injustice not being a competitive game, you should have quit a long time ago. It's great if you want to support NRS games at tournaments but talking straight trash about it on forums doesn't help anyone. If Injustice is just a 'party game', you have no appreciation for the hard work that so many players put into it and for the skill that has been shown in so many tournaments. It would be much better if you let the players that enjoy the game to enjoy it and keep that scrub mentality to yourself.

This.......so much of this.

Ive always wondered why people that don't like the game and continue to bash it...keep playing. Some of them even use the excuse of "oh but i support it by going to tournaments"...just b/c you go to tournaments does not mean you can bash the game freely....no one is forcing you to play the game. If you dont enjoy it....well then don't play it...its honestly as simple as that.

STB Shujinkydink

Like I said, it's a fun game and I enjoy playing it. But it shouldn't be taken seriously as a competitive fighting game. Why do you think MK9 got 4 MLGs that were run with top priority while injustice got one that they pretty much ignored the scene? Not only that mlg did the battle arenas after because people enjoyed the game so much and it was actually decent at a high level. Why do you think mk got a community ran tournament at evo with a huge cash bonus within three weeks of it being announced as a community event? Mk numbers survived way longer than injustice numbers did. I appreciate the hard work any passionate player puts into a game, but this game at a high level just cannot be taken seriously. Also I put Canada on the map for nrs and I plan to maintain that going into mkx. I lent you the token Canadian for this game but I will take it back once you realize you can't hold a candle to me in mkx ;)

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Like I said, it's a fun game and I enjoy playing it. But it shouldn't be taken seriously as a competitive fighting game. Why do you think MK9 got 4 MLGs that were run with top priority while injustice got one that they pretty much ignored the scene? Not only that mlg did the battle arenas after because people enjoyed the game so much and it was actually decent at a high level. Why do you think mk got a community ran tournament at evo with a huge cash bonus within three weeks of it being announced as a community event? Mk numbers survived way longer than injustice numbers did. I appreciate the hard work any passionate player puts into a game, but this game at a high level just cannot be taken seriously. Also I put Canada on the map for nrs and I plan to maintain that going into mkx. I lent you the token Canadian for this game but I will take it back once you realize you can't hold a candle to me in mkx ;)
Why should it not be taken seriously? Congrats MK9 was at MLG a lot. Idk why Injustice only had 1. It sucks that it went so wrong. Shit happens. It sucks. Did MK numbers really survive longer. They seem about the same. I feel like you were not the canadian to put canada on the map for NRS. At high level this game has a lot to offer. Its sad how some people cannot see that.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
But a game with random frame data, invincibility glitches, an input bug, and much worse balance MK9's can?

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
You do realize that MLG hasn't had an event since June of last year? Most of their money has been sunk into their Arena they are building in Columbus and their online competitions. So before you throw around the "numbers" argument get your facts straight. Now you just sound like an uninformed jackass.