What's new

Juicy X: The Final Squeeze

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Jesus Christ, the sheer volume of salt and juice in this thread is ludicrous.

You know what's interesting though? I've never seen the genuinely top players make excuses like some posters here. Sonicfox, 16bit, Theo, Jupiter, King, Reo, I've never seen them say "I commend you for winning with a character that takes less effort to win with". Reo just quit IGAU cos he didn't like it, he didn't throw a tantrum on TYM about how it's just a party game cos he got bodied. Shit, I remember a 16bit v PL match, Catwoman vs Bats/DD, and Bit dominated for the first game, close second to PL and then Bit dominated for the third but made a few dumb mistakes and lost, because that's what happens at that level. He shook Carl's hand, went off to be salty elsewhere without begrudging the man his win and got back on commentary admitting that he fucked up.

Shit, Pig lost 6-0 in the Grand Finals of Evo to fucking Batgirl who at the very least has a vortex that is definitely unbalanced. And I didn't see one grain of salt from him, after he worked like a dog for about a year grinding, teching and performing one of the best levelling ups I can remember in a game. I guess that's what separates the really great players and the guys who are in the top 1% of players but can't compete with the genuinely top players. Some of them take their losses, learn from them and move on, others whine about how IGAU is just a 'party game' and how they outplayed the other guy but lost.

What's interesting is that it's the same players who'll talk shit about how noobs and people who aren't as good at the game as them, like me, need to nut up and take their losses to their broken MMH. Then as soon as they get bodied by a Bane they start throwing a little hissy fit.

And from an Irish perspective, I've followed the scene since MK9 and the Canadian players I'd be most familiar with would be Honeybee, Death, xSmokex and Biohazard. I mean absolutely no offence because Dink is a damned good player, but in no way did he put Canada on the map for NRS games. Not in my experience anyway. I think someone might need a reality check.
were you not around in the beginning of injustice? lol

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's only gonna get worse, lol. Especially once new rivalries are born and old ones are rekindled.
MM's welcome at TCW, make it high enough and you will see it on stream!!!!! Also can we talk about Ares MBF3 beating every WU option DD has? it even hits the back end of up venom, kinda broke man.

E

Eldriken

MM's welcome at TCW, make it high enough and you will see it on stream!!!!! Also can we talk about Ares MBF3 beating every WU option DD has? it even hits the back end of up venom, kinda broke man.
Fuck. You. I ate so many MB f3s on my wakeup and THEY ALL WORKED. >=O!

I must say, I have lost before and been hella salty or even wanted to blame the character I was playing against and etc., but eventually I calm down and reflect on why I lost and improve from there. The best way to deal with something u dnt like is use how mad it makes u and use that as fuel to body whatever is making u mad (that is what me and denzell did vs kabal and as you guys all know we did well vs him).

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
soops loses to ares i work harder in the mu just to lose to mb teleport, axe hitbox and armored specials. really it doesnt even matter this is a party game and injustice wasnt even at mlg. why dont you show some respect i put online warriors on the map. stp bullying me

The Highlander

There can be only one
so i picked up injustice like 2 months ago. i really liked it! then i went online, then i faced a zod, i was playing lex... then i quit injustice.
One of the most memorable things I have ever seen on this site (and sorry to whoever said it but I have no idea who it was) was a post that said something like "as a lex player I start typing my gg's the second superman gets full screen". This was in the pre-patch superman era mind you.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I can understand the Injustice hate if you played it for the first 3 months and couldn't take the brokeness that was pre-patch Superman, Black Adam, Batman, Frost, Aquaman, Deathstroke, ect. then the Scorpion scare of 2013 and decided the game just wasn't worth the effort. A lot of shit went down for the first few months of the game to turn away a lot of players.

But if you kept up with the game and the scene after the balance patch, you should realize Injustice turned out to be a pretty decent game for the most part. Injustice doesn't have game killing bugs like input bug and meter drain glitch. It's also is more balanced that MK9. Sure maybe it's not quite as fun cause it's hard to weave through all the cheap special moves with the limited mobility, but to say it's a party game is pretty naive.

If the game was simple guessing then there wouldn't be consistent results. There was a ton of matchup knowledge that seperated the men from the boys. The game catered to the players who took the time to learn the matchups inside and out. Theo, SonicFox, and pretty consistent top 8's proved the game wasn't Bloody Roar for God's sake.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Injustice doesn't have game killing bugs like input bug and meter drain glitch.
Since we're just squeezing juice at this point, I'll go ahead and post this:
In the end I was never convinced that meter drain glitch existed. I mean, I've seen what people meant by it, but every time all I was seeing is people getting hit out of EX moves startup. I mean, they aren't necessary armored from frame 1?
Maybe I've seen all the wrong examples though. Would like some clarification.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Since we're just squeezing juice at this point, I'll go ahead and post this:
In the end I was never convinced that meter drain glitch existed. I mean, I've seen what people meant by it, but every time all I was seeing is people getting hit out of EX moves startup. I mean, they aren't necessary armored from frame 1?
Maybe I've seen all the wrong examples though. Would like some clarification.
Since block was also the button to use EX moves, block will actually cancel your EX move but you'll see the flash and the bar of meter get used up. I think a good example would be Sonya's EX cartwheel. I've seen it happen before but I'm not quite sure what does it besides blocking taking precedence over the EX move. Double tapping block or such, but someone else can probably explain it better.