What's new

Juicy IV: Which reportedly 3-7 or worse match ups are a bill?

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I wonder how bad those matchups were for Ares before he got the buffs then. Especially Aquaman and Superman because they were even better back then lol
Prepatch Superman v Ares 10-0 (block infinite)

Prepatch Flash v Ares - probably the same

Prepatch Aqua v Ares - not that bad, still screws aqua on wake up, he has a hard time getting out of b2,3 godsmack and other setups without tech roll, trades with aqua spamming ftd, and against ares you can't mash mb with ftd's a de will trade and count as a meter drain every time, etc etc I can go on and on

Prepatch Zod v Ares - :DOGE idk

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yes, you are.

Also, the Martian Manhunter downplaying in this thread is disgusting.
I'll be honest about Martian without downplaying. He probably loses 0 matchups and only has about five or six 5-5 matchups, then beats the rest of the 25 or so characters. Out of his winning matchups at least 10 of them are 7-3. But Zod isn't one of the 7-3's. Sorry Dave :)

haketh

Noob
Am I crazy for thinking Flash vs Deathstoke could be 5-5?
Nah

Like yeah we have to be careful with zoning but ya know we cans till do it, just have to think more than in most other MUs at more rangers. St. 1, D2, F+3, St. 3 all really good for being roadblocks to Flash just trying to force his way in. Slade has good oki of his own though the damage is about 15% less than Flash's, more if he has trait. Slade has the advantage in Oki because of Reversal WU setups & Oki that just stuffs WUs meanwhile Flash always has to worry about Slade's WUs.

I am habitual upplayer so yeah grain of salt.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I wonder how bad those matchups were for Ares before he got the buffs then. Especially Aquaman and Superman because they were even better back then lol
The Superman match was hella unbearable with the old F23. Easy 9-FUCKING-1.
Flash only got better due to Flash's D2 nerf which he's still braindead.
Zod I will argue due to glitches, he got beat....but 7-3? With hitbox? B-I-L-L.
Aquaman though...it's pretty bad, LBSH.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I tried and tried with this match up. What makes it not so bad?

Also I think bane vs arrow isn't that bad imo but I can be wrong due to not having a ton of experience. I think arrow has a good shot if he runs with savage blast/fire arrows during venom and then rushes with ice arrow during debuff. One mistake that puts you in the corner pretty much tosses all hope out the window though.
I think arrow can get in fairly easily with ice arrows. He can load them for free on blocked pillar then mmh kinda has to block to let him in. He definitely wants to get him to the corner to maximize damage which isn't too hard since mmh wants to keep away anyway. Overhead tele is pretty hard to get in this mu cause of up arrows. But you shouldn't be using that too much anyway. I definitely don't see it being 8-2.

I think flash v DS is 6 4 flash still. Have ran that one at home multiple times and DJT wins typically (and this is without all the crazy flash tech and what not).

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ares/Doomsday being a 3-7 is a huge bill.
Ares/GL being 3-7 is a bill.
Ares/Flash being 3-7 = Huge bill.
Ares/DS being 3-7 as well.

Doomsday going 4-6 with Bane = Huge bill.
Doomsday/Frost being 3-7 is a huge bill.

BONUS BILL: HG/Sinestro being even...I don't wanna...

Last edited:

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Ares/Doomsday being a 3-7 is a huge bill.
Ares/GL being 3-7 is a bill.
Ares/Flash being 3-7 = Huge bill.
Ares/DS being 3-7 as well.

Doomsday going 4-6 with Bane = Huge bill.
Doomsday/Frost being 3-7 is a huge bill.
Are you saying that DD vs bane is 3-7? Good man