What's new

Juicy IV: Which reportedly 3-7 or worse match ups are a bill?

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
well then i would love to see some recent high level play of zatanna obliterating gl, until then ill just agree to disagree, ive played the mu a ton and i just dont see it as that big of a disadvantage
I actually just played Xenomorph this past KIT because he wanted more practice in the MU. He and Gross actually found a way to do an option select to blow up her wakeup teleport/mix her up. Even with this nice tech GL has, I still believe it's 7-3.

I'm not sure why you keep stating that GL controls midscreen. The only space he truly controls is b1 range and at that point, I'm kinda stuck crouching or have to make a read to gtfo. Sure, at lift range you can kinda control Zatanna, but what if I block the lift? I'll punish with cards and teleport away where I'll zone you more and get more meter. At mid screen, I can safely toss out MB rings and you have to pretty much hold that. The only way to avoid it is do an instant jij3 which lifts your hurtbox over the projectile, but again that's a read. What if I delay the ring toss by just a little bit? Well you're eating a MB ring... in the air, which tosses you fullscreen. And trust me, I'll have meter almost anytime at this range except at the beginning of the match.

Btw, my set with Xenomorph ended at around 20-5.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Stahppp. B21 after teleport is super risky. Fear blast loses to all of Martian's zoning options. And after a blocked b12 martian can do anything he wants between trait 22 or any b1/b2. The orbs make it impossible to get in and if martian has the life lead he just has to walk back, throw orbs, zone, and trait s3. Sinestro has no way of opening him up. OH Teleport isn't even an issue in the mu, it's everything else.
Yeah I got a lol overzealous saying 5-5 :D but i feel it is definitely 6-4. I respect your case but your dismissing my first note that it is not impossible to build trait which is the main key in this match-up your also understmating b21 post-tele it is good for condition your opp. I'm not saying use it everytime. U say after B12 it's in Martians favor but he has to trait up I say a mix between b1 trait cancel and b12 while staying conscious of Martians trait. I'm not so good at explaining it but I'll continue to grind it out and give some more concrete notes.

@FOREVER KING Actually punishing tele w/ Trait shot is not that difficult takes a little bit of practice like most things but online it definitely is harder. You can block low to cover the low option and it actually gives you more time to react to the OH Tele

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I also still say gl zod and gl mmh, both 4-6. Only sinestro and sat are 3-7, and have little experience in both those match ups
I think they're both 4-6s, but really, really hard ones at that. And we're forgetting Raven. Also a really had 4-6 if not a 3-7.

Character gets roughed up. :(

kevkopdx

Noob
I actually just played Xenomorph this past KIT because he wanted more practice in the MU. He and Gross actually found a way to do an option select to blow up her wakeup teleport/mix her up. Even with this nice tech GL has, I still believe it's 7-3.

I'm not sure why you keep stating that GL controls midscreen. The only space he truly controls is b1 range and at that point, I'm kinda stuck crouching or have to make a read to gtfo. Sure, at lift range you can kinda control Zatanna, but what if I block the lift? I'll punish with cards and teleport away where I'll zone you more and get more meter. At mid screen, I can safely toss out MB rings and you have to pretty much hold that. The only way to avoid it is do an instant jij3 which lifts your hurtbox over the projectile, but again that's a read. What if I delay the ring toss by just a little bit? Well you're eating a MB ring... in the air, which tosses you fullscreen. And trust me, I'll have meter almost anytime at this range except at the beginning of the match.

Btw, my set with Xenomorph ended at around 20-5.
by mid range, i meant lift range, my fg vocab isnt great, honestly i never thought to use cards on a blocked lift thats out of standing 3 range, i usually just teleport away.... i dont know what my deal is, this mu never feels like a runaway win for me.... granted i play online only, thanks for the tips... decay's gl is getting good, maybe i can run some games with him... and still i want to see this mu in action, record with someone if you get the chance pretty please :)

JDM

Noob
Only on TYM can you say your character is 11th or 12th in the game and be called a downplayer.

Saying a character is NOT Top Ten, but outside of the top ten somehow makes you a downplayer.

How is saying you're outside top ten a BAD THING? A lot of people would like an 11th placed tier character.

This is bizarro land, obviously.
only losers play with non top ten characters. :)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Cowboy is a top player and obv best sinestro, but I find it hard to take his mu opinions seriously because of things he has said about Sinestro as a character in the past. Also, him calling King a down player is laughable. If you put what these two have said about their respective mains beside eachother, who's opinion would you value over the other?

Last edited:
And you once said that Sinestro was a bottom ten character.

Certain individuals in the Skype Illuminati thought Martian Manhunter was going to end up a balanced character.

Revolver once said that Lex versus Zod is not that bad of a match up.

Pig once said that Zod lost 7:3 to Aquaman, Raven, and Sinestro.

I once said that Zod was a mediocre character.

People lose. People get frustrated. People say wrong things. Who cares? Why is one player being singled out?
I can't tell whether you are trolling or joking half the time... but i can tell you anyone who didn't realize martian was op or that zod was way way better than mediocre day1 has no idea how to look at a character's tools... my god that stupid fucking trait and instant air slow balls and crazy mobility... how could you not see it???? i don't understand...

JDM

Noob
I can't tell whether you are trolling or joking half the time... but i can tell you anyone who didn't realize martian was op or that zod was way way better than mediocre day1 has no idea how to look at a character's tools... my god that stupid fucking trait and instant air slow balls and crazy mobility... how could you not see it???? i don't understand...
No, he's not joking. He made a huge thread about how Zod is a mediocre character day 1/2 after he came out. They really just don't know wtf they are talking about, clearly.