What's new

Juicy IV: Which reportedly 3-7 or worse match ups are a bill?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
People who have no idea about either character shouldn't be giving any input on a matchup lol
I hate when people act like they know the character better than the people who have main the character :/
Depends on the context, I know MK9 Jax really well, couldnt play him though. Same with Sektor & Cyrax, Sub Zero, Shang etc etc.
Just because somebody mains a character doesn't automatically mean that they know more about them, see Ra Helios.

Depends on the context, I know MK9 Jax really well, couldnt play him though. Same with Sektor & Cyrax, Sub Zero, Shang etc etc.
Just because somebody mains a character doesn't automatically mean that they know more about them, see Ra Helios.
I agree, I didn't even main lao nor play him that much yet I never lost to a lao in a tournament...... Obvuosuly I knew about his tools better than pretty much anyone.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
You forgot to mention that Flash's dash ins go right under bats and that his jump one beats all of batmans jump normals. I play this matchup a lot with Snke and I generally loose to him 3-2 in tournament. The fucked up thing about flash in that matchup is that you can have a 80% lifelead and still fail to lame him out. Snke has impeccable defense and I have to work my ass off just to open him up once, and even then Ive usually used all of my resources at that point. On the flip side, flash jumps in with jump 1 (which is very hard to anti-air with bats), if he does 2,1 it jails, he can go low, overhead, or wait and mb torpedo to punish my backdash. He has the touch of death, converting any touch into %50+ (there goes that lifelead) carrying you fully into the corner, where he rapes you with a 10 way guessing game. Snke never punishes my slide on hit though, you know why? Becuase he always stuffs it with d1d2 lol. No discredit to Snke, hes nothing short of an amazing player, but i feel batman has to work much harder in this matchup then flash. Much, much harder. I used to think this was 5-5, but now im leaning towards 4-6.

So sick of people saying batman is hella good "because trait bats bro.." -_____- Batman is an extremely honest character. He has nothing that is extremely dirty. His trait is amazing, but there are answers to it (like pushblock, d2, or idk, maybe just fucking blocking lol) unlike BS traits like sinestro, am, mmh, etc. He has a vortex that requires meter but most importantly requires you to first OPEN UP YOUR OPPONENT FIRST to use it. Batman has to beat you by getting in your head, beating you in footsies (which is where trait bats become so good), by capitalizing on your mistakes, and in some matchups zoning. Thats about as honest a character as I can think of. Batman is NOT top 10. He is just barely outside of top 10. Most likely #11 or maybe #12.
I agree with all of this completely bro. 100% true. I've been saying all this stuff for like a year and people are finally starting to see it now. But only a few people. There are still a lot of NON-Batman players that think they know Batman better then the Batman players lol. There's no use in talking sense to them. As Martian would say to them "will you not listen to reason?" lol

ForeverKing

The point is that people cannot go unregulated just because they main the character. I was regulated liberally for my opinions on Sinestro lol.
Yeah but let's be serious here. Who would know more about Batman then me? I've used Batman in training mode for days, I've played every single matchup in the game with him probably over 100 times each, I've played all the top players with him, I've placed at a dozen tournaments with him literally.

Who could possibly know more about Batman then me? The only person that should even argue with me about Batman stuff is Dartharma or Nubcakes or something like that. How could anyone else besides people like them even possibly know anything about Batman that I don't? It makes no sense

And you once said that Sinestro was a bottom ten character.

Certain individuals in the Skype Illuminati thought Martian Manhunter was going to end up a balanced character.

Revolver once said that Lex versus Zod is not that bad of a match up.

Pig once said that Zod lost 7:3 to Aquaman, Raven, and Sinestro.

I once said that Zod was a mediocre character.

People lose. People get frustrated. People say wrong things. Who cares? Why is one player being singled out?
And 95% of TYM once said Cyborg was S Tier because of IAFBs that No One could do consistently enough to utilize at the highest level of play :cool:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
And 95% of TYM once said Cyborg was S Tier because of IAFBs that No One could do consistently enough to utilize at the highest level of play :cool:
He kind of was, there were just like 2 cyborg players and eventually someone would level up their execution or use a hitbox lol

Aliuone Sensei and Curbolicous could both do it
He kind of was, there were just like 2 cyborg players and eventually someone would level up their execution or use a hitbox lol

I watched them both do the IAFBs and I will say they were no doubt the best at it, but IMO it was not good enough to make that character S tier, but then again I was of the belief that even with the IAFBs he was not S tier. I mean its sad that I stopped playing the game 1 month after it came out, went to 2 tournaments and still to this day I myself have not seen a person other than myself, go all Cyborg at a tourney and I never stopped following the scene smh

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Yeah but let's be serious here. Who would know more about Batman then me? I've used Batman in training mode for days, I've played every single matchup in the game with him probably over 100 times each, I've played all the top players with him, I've placed at a dozen tournaments with him literally.

Who could possibly know more about Batman then me? The only person that should even argue with me about Batman stuff is Dartharma or Nubcakes or something like that. How could anyone else besides people like them even possibly know anything about Batman that I don't? It makes no sense
One of your talking points was literally that your Sinestro will beat other Batmen (which proves NOTHING). You also feel free to try and regulate Sinestro MUS when nobody has ever seen you win a game with him lol. Your opinions and arguments are questionable, and also hypocritical. You say that I can't regulate Batman MUs when you declare MU numbers for my character.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

1v1 m8

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I watched them both do the IAFBs and I will say they were no doubt the best at it, but IMO it was not good enough to make that character S tier, but then again I was of the belief that even with the IAFBs he was not S tier. I mean its sad that I stopped playing the game 1 month after it came out, went to 2 tournaments and still to this day I myself have not seen a person other than myself, go all Cyborg at a tourney and I never stopped following the scene smh
If someone was doing it right it was literally a block infinite. That's pretty s tier lol

One of your talking points was literally that your Sinestro will beat other Batmen (which proves NOTHING). You also feel free to try and regulate Sinestro MUS when nobody has ever seen you win a game with him lol. Your opinions and arguments are questionable, and also hypocritical. You say that I can't regulate Batman MUs when you declare MU numbers for my character.
Differences aside, no one needs to play a character to talk about their matchups. Ppl can watch a character and not even play a so called "top rep" of them and know that character very well. So tbh, u and king both know about each others characters without a doubt. Obviously y'all got different opinions but that happens all the time tho. Y'all prolly got to agree to disagree at this point until one of ya has ur mind changed (if that happens).

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Agreed wholeheartedly, now, in your honest opinion, how come no one showed up to any tournaments and locked everyone down with IAFBs to show how S tier it was?
i think there were only a couple majors before it was patched where people knew about it, and at that point people had already worked on other characters and we expected it to get patched out anyway so i guess no one bothered

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The point is that people cannot go unregulated just because they main the character. I was regulated liberally for my opinions on Sinestro lol.
Tom made the trident rush statement in context of fighting Rico's pre-patch Black Adam and KDZ's Superman players. The move was less effective against these two characters.

A fair comparison would be Zod's instant aerial Zod balls. They shut down half the cast yet are virtually worthless against Martian Manhunter.

coolwhip

Noob
Tom made the trident rush statement in context of fighting Rico's pre-patch Black Adam and KDZ's Superman players. The move was less effective against these two characters.

A fair comparison would be Zod's instant aerial Zod balls. They shut down half the cast yet are virtually worthless against Martian Manhunter.
Absolutely not. Tom was making that statement on the LBSH Podcast, in the first couple of months of 2014. No need to defend Tom because he owned up to it and acknowledged that it was a silly thing to say.

ForeverKing

The only Sinestro matchups I ever talk about is Sinestro vs my main characters such as Batman Wonder Woman Martian etc. I never talk about random characters like Sinestro vs Shazam, how would I know anything about that. Just like you should never talk about Batman vs GL, or Batman vs Catwoman. How would you know anything about those matchups? You don't play either character.

If you have never even played the matchup in your life, how can you can talk about it? Like 16bit talking about Batman vs Flash makes absolutely no sense at all, he doesn't play either character and has probably never played the matchup once in his life

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I don't see how Martian Sinestro can be 3-7 its not a matchup where building trait is impossible and once you do have trait you shut down a lot of his game (OH TELE 40%+ punish ain't no joke) also Martian has to go in if you have a lead because you can just build trait or counter zone. Sinestro has good post-tele options b21,b213,f2d1,b12 etc..

B21 is where the mind games begin.. once the Martians start blocking b21 they'll start to throw out mbb3 which beats b21 but to negate this your b12 will beat it also backdashing you get a full whiff punish. So mixing it up between b21,b12,backdash etc. Keeps Martians on their toes.

Martian whiffing a projectile can equal a fear blast to the face or time to build trait .

There's more but I actually really enjoy this matchup I've played with @daddydab32ho @Peckapowa @EMPEROR_JUPITER , Illusions and more and they can probably tell you that I play that matchup much differently than most Sinestros.

Of course online it is much harder to react to OH Tele w/ Trait shot which makes me super sad at times bt in all honesty in the future I can see this MAYBE being 5-5!Don't dismiss my whole argument because of this I'm just a hopeful Thal!

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
I don't see how Martian Sinestro can be 3-7 its not a matchup where building trait is impossible and once you do have trait you shut down a lot of his game (OH TELE 40%+ punish ain't no joke) also Martian has to go in if you have a lead because you can just build trait or counter zone. Sinestro has good post-tele options b21,b213,f2d1,b12 etc..

B21 is where the mind games begin.. once the Martians start blocking b21 they'll start to throw out mbb3 which beats b21 but to negate this your b12 will beat it also backdashing you get a full whiff punish. So mixing it up between b21,b12,backdash etc. Keeps Martians on their toes.

Martian whiffing a projectile can equal a fear blast to the face or time to build trait .

There's more but I actually really enjoy this matchup I've played with @daddydab32ho @Peckapowa @EMPEROR_JUPITER , Illusions and more and they can probably tell you that I play that matchup much differently than most Sinestros.

Of course online it is much harder to react to OH Tele w/ Trait shot which makes me super sad at times bt in all honesty in the future I can see this MAYBE being 5-5!Don't dismiss my whole argument because of this I'm just a hopeful Thal!
Stahppp. B21 after teleport is super risky. Fear blast loses to all of Martian's zoning options. And after a blocked b12 martian can do anything he wants between trait 22 or any b1/b2. The orbs make it impossible to get in and if martian has the life lead he just has to walk back, throw orbs, zone, and trait s3. Sinestro has no way of opening him up. OH Teleport isn't even an issue in the mu, it's everything else.

ForeverKing

I say 5-5 is a little much. Martian wins for sure, it's debatable between 3-7 and 4-6. Trait punishing Martian's teleport is really hard

I'm at the gym now, I'll give more input later