What's new

General/Other Joker still sucks

OnlineRon91

Joker++
In this game... "worst" character can still win 3 out of 10 games.
Fixed it for you. Nah I'm just messing with you man, thanks for the tips but some of your suggestions are not exactly accurate.

Joker's ji2 is better than Batman's but the reason why Batman's ji2 is exceptionally better is because he can use bats to let him get in as well as use ji2 safely. As others stated already, Joker has setups that are hard to block but need to be "setup" in the first place.

Joker's projectile is odd in that it likes to whiff versus other character animations such as Batman doing his Batarang. So if we are both going at it in a projectile war, your Batman would not get hit by my gun while he his winding up his Batarang and I would get hit because I do have recovery frames on my gunshot.

I'm not whining, hell I'm not even complaining, just meeting you halfway :)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
He's not meant to get in easy... like Shazam, you have to get in and make it count.

If Joker could get in easy then he'd be stupid as hell. He has "better-than-batman" jumping attacks and corner infinites.

Use gunshot to stop/trade with projectile spam and get projectile advantage, that lets you set things up or dash in.
Corner infinites? what corner infinites?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Lookin' forward to it :)
I think all that's really left to do with him is push all the matchup knowledge further. IMO, his performance is alot more dependent on how well you know the matchups than most characters. Maybe there is some other magic dirty crap out there with him, but I kinda doubt it. We've found alot of stuff over the past few months. Just need to figure out how everything fits in each matchup.
I don't think that's *all* that's left for him. Actually working on a few things right now, but let me just say that at the very least we have not optimized everything quite yet.

Also this game is still very young. Saying we've found everything for ANY character at this point is extremely presumptuous.

nah, its cool, play it. atm couldnt play it even if i wanted to, got 3 exams and 2 essays along with a mk tournament on sunday
Man they fucking made the beta only 2 hours
We played it 2 hours then
Alright motherfucker gtfoh we r done
I need 2 wait till 27th to play 3 hours only LOL
But I have to tell u
Ds1 is ass compare to ds2

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

AK-Israel

I'm Back
*Read's OP, about to make a essay-like post about The Joker and his flaws*

-Sigh- What's the point....its said and done now, thanks NRS

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I don't think that's *all* that's left for him. Actually working on a few things right now, but let me just say that at the very least we have not optimized everything quite yet.

Also this game is still very young. Saying we've found everything for ANY character at this point is extremely presumptuous.
Yeah I'm not trying to say every little thing is found, there's certainly some optimization that can be done with higher execution requirements. But I don't think there are any game changers left for us to pull out of the void. What we see is more or less what we're gonna get.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Neariak, yup, that would be our dear Gilbagz.
Good stuff Gil. Pretty solid parry usage (that first round against DD... hype as hell man) and some very smart play overall.
I gotta switch back to centering my offense around 212 instead of 32 following jump ins and such. I was one of the big proponents of that back in the day and somehow I let myself drift... :oops:
Looking good though man!!! :joker:

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Neariak, yup, that would be our dear Gilbagz.
Good stuff Gil. Pretty solid parry usage (that first round against DD... hype as hell man) and some very smart play overall.
I gotta switch back to centering my offense around 212 instead of 32 following jump ins and such. I was one of the big proponents of that back in the day and somehow I let myself drift... :oops:
Looking good though man!!! :joker:
lol thanks I played much better in casuals compared to the actual tournie T.T
the exception to this being this doomsday match lol
played him pools
managed to block es, punish supernova and parry most of his mb shoulders
but in casuals he changed it up a bit
got caught off guard lol

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
That is such a vague and useless statement.

Sure, great players can win with almost anybody, but that doesnt mean you should have characters with many 7-3 MUs.
You just explained what I said, I guess it wasnt that vague after all.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2