What's new

Match-up Discussion Joker Matchup Discussion

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
do it a little late and youre just fine
Is there a window where the armor doesn't apply to the double punch anymore? Otherwise it seems like the mb f3 would either get hit twice and thus beat out, or would hit him during his armor while he is still coming with the second punch. Seems like a lose/lose unless bane's venum armor stops being present during his special move for some reason.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Is there a window where the armor doesn't apply to the double punch anymore? Otherwise it seems like the mb f3 would either get hit twice and thus beat out, or would hit him during his armor while he is still coming with the second punch. Seems like a lose/lose unless bane's venum armor stops being present during his special move for some reason.
Second punch only comes out on hit, MB F3 armoured state is not considered a hit and the armour wears off as soon as he touches you.

StevoSuprem0

Second punch only comes out on hit, MB F3 armoured state is not considered a hit and the armour wears off as soon as he touches you.
Ahhhh didn't know that getting hit during armor wasn't considered a hit. Awesome :). I still think parry has some applicability in that situation since it deals with double punch AND uppercut, but it's debatable. Need to test it out.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ahhhh didn't know that getting hit during armor wasn't considered a hit. Awesome :). I still think parry has some applicability in that situation since it deals with double punch AND uppercut, but it's debatable. Need to test it out.
You're still relying on tight whch can fail and allow him to pressure you when you could be getting a juicy combo.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Let's not outright deny parry as an option. All options mentioned above are still beatable by Bane if you are being predictable. It is a legit wake-up option against Bane that can be intertwined with our other wake-up options.

StevoSuprem0

late mb f3

d2 if venomless

or d1 crowbar if no meter
But you don't have to hitconfirm into venum uppercut MB, it still works on block. And they're pretty much all doing that now because it's safe and the hitbox lasts for days.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
But you don't have to hitconfirm into venum uppercut MB, it still works on block. And they're pretty much all doing that now because it's safe and the hitbox lasts for days.
its not safe

DP, body press and venom uppercut all have different timing, mess up with one of those and youre being pressured

meanwhile all of those lose to MB f3

OnlineRon91

Joker++
If Bane does d3, he can hit you out of anything outside of invincible wake-up attacks. If he has venom on, he can hit you out of those moves as well, except for Super.

So it is worth knowing the different times of knockdowns Bane does and what your options are, as Body Press will let you do the above mentioned wake-ups (MB b3/f3, Character Power, etc)

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Yea it isn't safe but Joker can't really punish it for big damage. The only consistent punish we will be able to get out of it is a d1 xx Crowbar which is 10-16% but at least you get a knockdown out of it.

StevoSuprem0

Yea it isn't safe but Joker can't really punish it for big damage. The only consistent punish we will be able to get out of it is a d1 xx Crowbar which is 10-16% but at least you get a knockdown out of it.
Oh hey, look at that, a descriptive response. Fancy that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just updating, testing some new tech I found which apparently you can't roll out of and is not a 50/50 but a full blown reset.

TESTING.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This is so sweet, you can't wake up, you can't backdash or forward dash, I NEED TO TEST THIS MORE

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ok, from some early testing

needs to be backdashed on specific timing

matchup specific, some wakeups i ASSUME hit him out of it and some he safejumps

the bnb is 42%, has insane meter building and if they tech roll + backdash thats half a screen of wallcarry

this will be our new bnb

ive only tested this with a single particular J3 timing, need to test different timings and J2