What's new

Match-up Discussion Joker Matchup Discussion

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Sure thing.

Do you guys want to do anything about the original post though? Maybe update it to something kinda not useless. IDK.
Would it be easier for me to make a new thread where I can update the OP periodically and merge both into those?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Would it be easier for me to make a new thread where I can update the OP periodically and merge both into those?
When you merge threads it orders the posts by date, so Karried's post would always stay the OP.

So you could make a post in this thread and I could edit it into the OP and update it when ever you need, or we could create a completely new thread and let this one fall to the wayside.

Either way, no big hurry.

StevoSuprem0

When you merge threads it orders the posts by date, so Karried's post would always stay the OP.

So you could make a post in this thread and I could edit it into the OP and update it when ever you need, or we could create a completely new thread and let this one fall to the wayside.

Either way, no big hurry.
Hmmm. Ok cool thanks. It's probably better off if we just make a whole new thread then. I'll discuss with the boys :)

hi i have a hard time beating batman i can shoot him out of the hook shot but i cant punish him with a d2 if he jumps in the air unless i time it also his wake ups and hard counters this whole match up i feel like spider man thinking ahead how to get set ups in and how to do it safely cause less your in the corner the set ups for bat man are alot easier would love to know your imput on this KH CAT ( ps you and emperor dark made me drop aq man and switch joker. ty )

Fromundaman

I write too much.
( ps you and emperor dark made me drop aq man and switch joker. ty )
Shame since I think they both dropped Joker.

As for the MU, IDK what to tell you really since I decided to counterpick Batman.

What I do know is that the best way to beat him in the air is with J1 and that you're going to be pretty much blocking forever until you see an opening to punish him (Usually on the gaps in his strings with 11>MB RLG).
Starting offense can be rough due to his trait and the fact his D2 actually shrinks his hurtbox, but once you get started you can really bully him on knockdown.
Whenever he comes at you with trait pushblock and make him lose it.

If you start getting zoned unplug your opponent's controller, punch them in the jaw and call them a dick.

StevoSuprem0

I've had some serious issues with the Flash v Joker, because once the Flash gets in, the Joker crumbles. any tips? can't zone him effectively either due to his parry.

Chattering teeth set ups maybe?

Xbox One Modded Controllers
The Flash matchup is a very tough one and probably necessitates a counter pick. If you are going to try playing it out, do not use gun or canisters at all outside of combos (gun for dash cancels only or wall carry at end of some combos). Gotta use alot of teeth in footsie range, but not predictably so because Flash's lightning charge will blow them up, similarly to how it can be used to punish all the other zoning tools on reaction to the startup (canisters) or after ducking (gun). Once's he's in, it's really tough to get him off due to pressure and mixups, but you can block a little easier with practice. Learn how and when to punish him, since you can full combo punish blocked flying uppercuts and lightning charges after simply holding down.

Gonna be making a new matchup thread soon and going through each character pretty systematically with the whole Joker community, so we'll try to put Flash and Batman early in the discussion rotation.

Indigeau

The April Fool
Is there any existing game-plan on Zatanna, other than "remain full-screen, eating linked rings and cursing as you stumble after her teleport with your controls reversed"?. All she seems to need are her projectiles and her teleport. You can't really be expected to lay down the OTG setup to stuff teleport for the entire match, because of clash and round ending (that's assuming you build up crowbar momentum right from the get-go), and otherwise it's just chasing her down while eating a ton of chip, only to have her teleport away again.

StevoSuprem0

Is there any existing game-plan on Zatanna, other than "remain full-screen, eating linked rings and cursing as you stumble after her teleport with your controls reversed"?. All she seems to need are her projectiles and her teleport. You can't really be expected to lay down the OTG setup to stuff teleport for the entire match, because of clash and round ending (that's assuming you build up crowbar momentum right from the get-go), and otherwise it's just chasing her down while eating a ton of chip, only to have her teleport away again.
She's a tough matchup due to strong zoning and teleports getting her out of most of the guaranteed setups for free on wakeup. @Qwark28 would know better than me. I haven't run this matchup very much at all yet.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Always use crowbar, almost always OTG. In the corner lay down teeth and jump back if you predict a teleport. Trade with gunshot and get in your free dash.

Be patient, block her mixups, abuse all your jump attacks.

Use the safejump combo that is flower to teeth to get a jump in 50-50 that cannot be backdashed, Mb3D or anything to lock her down when you NEED damage.

Lately i have been having issues with wonder woman. i find it very hard to get in on her because of her b2 range as well as her d2. What is the best strategy against her as a joker player in terms of getting in and opening her up?(as if it weren't already hard enough).

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Lately i have been having issues with wonder woman. i find it very hard to get in on her because of her b2 range as well as her d2. What is the best strategy against her as a joker player in terms of getting in and opening her up?(as if it weren't already hard enough).
That matchup is HORRIBLE. She you can't force her to move, do anything. Every convert of hers is braindead, B2 outspaces D2, leads to a vortex and anti airs us, D3 negates flower, on wakeup we can't do shit. Her D2 lowers her hurtbox and reaches almost as high as aquaman's, she can low profile our J2 and punish us, you can jump her B1 and she recovers in time to low profile due to her extended torso to make our J2 whiff and just mash another B1 to full trip guard combo us.

thats just the basics of the MU.

That matchup is HORRIBLE. She you can't force her to move, do anything. Every convert of hers is braindead, B2 outspaces D2, leads to a vortex and anti airs us, D3 negates flower, on wakeup we can't do shit. Her D2 lowers her hurtbox and reaches almost as high as aquaman's, she can low profile our J2 and punish us, you can jump her B1 and she recovers in time to low profile due to her extended torso to make our J2 whiff and just mash another B1 to full trip guard combo us.

thats just the basics of the MU.
Exactly. I haven't really faced any good wonder womans until now. I never used the pushblock teeth set up but now i see why we need it. If we can get a knockdown in the match up we have a chance. But getting that knockdown is a feat within itself.