What's new

Match-up Discussion Joker Matchup Discussion

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Flower will be pretty sweet. I do like the fact that after crowbar ther is time to dash and jump in, maybe the strategy will be crowbar dash j2 32 flower. Hell, what do I know? I got bodied 0-17 tonight. Damn you gta 5 for distracting my igau attention.
You can actually get legitimate teeth setups off of it from what I saw when I threw on that stream that NRS was doing. In the corner it's gonna be brutal, outside the corner it's still strong but less guaranteed I think. I'll do a thing on it tonight. My capture card should be coming today =)

Zino

Noob
wow i just did MB crowbar in the corner threw teeth then still had time to hit the otg with back 1. stuffed the wake up and forced to block teeth.

also just found mid screen otg. MB crowbar dash in sweep. beat black adams wakeup.

edited too soo you can also dash in back 1.

StevoSuprem0

I dunno what I'm doing wrong with these OTGs... I set the training dummy to wakeup and just can't get it to stuff them at all with any of these moves. It's not like it doesn't work in training or something, right? Can someone post a video of these in action so I can get a feel for the timing. I literally haven't got it to work once yet... :(

StevoSuprem0

Yeah I've tried pretty much every timing possible. Can't seem to get it. I feel dumb lol, seems like I'm the only one...

Zino

Noob
youll get it. most i can say to help is after the knockdown try to attack in the first frame your able to move.

StevoSuprem0

Hmm. Maybe I'm just generally delaying things too long. I'll try some things out and get back to you guys tonight. Thanks for the tips.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
wow i just did MB crowbar in the corner threw teeth then still had time to hit the otg with back 1. stuffed the wake up and forced to block teeth.

also just found mid screen otg. MB crowbar dash in sweep. beat black adams wakeup.

edited too soo you can also dash in back 1.
Are you sure that works? I might just be mistiming it, but it's looking like I'm doing it all ASAP and they're waking up right as the B1 would hit them if I threw teeth 1st.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it. Just a stricter timing.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The batman B23 nerf made it so that he has to block or backdash a J3 after you block B2 and jump as soon as he sets the bat down. Buys us wallcarry.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
A couple of tidbits

Batman's B23 nerf is awesome

You can background bounce someone off of a J3 if you do D2 MB RLG B3 interact

Uppercut leads to a reset conversion in most situations where you landed a combo outside the corner but leading into it

StevoSuprem0

A couple of tidbits

Batman's B23 nerf is awesome

You can background bounce someone off of a J3 if you do D2 MB RLG B3 interact

Uppercut leads to a reset conversion in most situations where you landed a combo outside the corner but leading into it
Batman's b23 nerf is very awesome :) . Can you get a standing 3 in before the bounce interactable in that string you listed or is the juggle scaling too bad at that point? And not sure I know what you mean with the last point...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Batman's b23 nerf is very awesome :) . Can you get a standing 3 in before the bounce interactable in that string you listed or is the juggle scaling too bad at that point? And not sure I know what you mean with the last point...
No, you need the B3s bounce to get the interactible, nothing else off of a J3 will let you get it out.

My last point means that if you're nearing the corner then you can end your combo in D2 teeth and in most situations it will give you the guaranteed reset while ending with other normals into teeth wouldn't.

StevoSuprem0

No, you need the B3s bounce to get the interactible, nothing else off of a J3 will let you get it out.

My last point means that if you're nearing the corner then you can end your combo in D2 teeth and in most situations it will give you the guaranteed reset while ending with other normals into teeth wouldn't.
Ah true, they have alot of time on the ground following a d2 xx teeth for you to get the safe/guaranteed setup. I have good luck with 32, 32 xx, and 323 xx into teeth in those situations where I am approaching the corner, but it could be the case that my opponents just don't generally know or think to try jumping out of it.
I'll play with that string a little at some point. I used to experiment with d2 MB RLG after a j3 alot, and I think I had something a little more optimized, but I could be wrong...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
can you guys elaborate on the D2 thing? what combo/reset are you guys talking about?
When approaching the corner, due to no hard knockdown and gravity scaling as well as tech rolls recovering fasting than neutral stand up then can almost always jump out of any string into teeth. D2 gives you time to set up the reset.

StevoSuprem0

Basically any combo string you have when you approaching the corner, IF they won't be able to techroll out of your teeth placement, end in d2 xx teeth and go into whatever followup setups you'd like (mb f3, j2/3, etc) that produce the hard-to-block overhead-low hit. There won't be time for them to try to jump out, so it limits their options to wakeups and blocking, and your choice of which overhead option you use will determine whether their wakeup lets them escape (Doomsday's Venom, for instance, can rush him out of the corner if you go for a jump2/3 due to immunity, but will be stopped by a mb f3). Thus, matchup knowledge is crazy important for Joker, especially now with the OTG business in the corner adding another dimension to this when you catch them with crowbar.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Let me just update the really bad matchup list

Sinestro
GL
Aquaman

Possibly batman and batgirl

I need some help determining the batman matchup, i dont have a huge problem with it and it keeps looking like a 6 4 at some point ant a 7 3 at another

UsedForGlue
Crathen

thoughts?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Let me just update the really bad matchup list

Sinestro
GL
Aquaman

Possibly batman and batgirl

I need some help determining the batman matchup, i dont have a huge problem with it and it keeps looking like a 6 4 at some point ant a 7 3 at another

UsedForGlue
Crathen

thoughts?
Don't know yet man. I am playing allot of sinestro right now and not enough batman, so Il be fit to give my option later.