What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
If they fixed his mid hitting strings, made his gas canisters faster,made f2 an overhead, and gave him dat bane dash he'd be…

SonicFox is a pimp. So... Pretty much whatever he says, is right. Even if he's wrong. Keep pimpin' it lil' bro. Do your thing this weekend, kid.

Gga is usually my biggest reason for watching the stream, but I gotta say this thread has flipped that around for me. Joker domination is now my number 1 reason.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I just wanna see someone use The Clown Prince of Crime on the damn stream. So....more power to young Fox and his mischievously brandished crowbar.

Also...in the 2nd tech vid on the 62%...isn't there a gap between the dummy recovery the Joker standing 3 (or whatever the low kick is) before the J3 and the teeth setup? Like...can't you block high then low?

Last edited:

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I just wanna see someone use The Clown Prince of Crime on the damn stream. So....more power to young Fox and his mischievously brandished crowbar.

Also...in the 2nd tech vid on the 62%...isn't there a gap between the dummy recovery the Joker standing 3 (or whatever the low kick is) before the J3 and the teeth setup? Like...can't you block high then low?
Its a day 1 setup. I have hidden things to get ji3 into low teeth from the corner that I havent posted :). Oh and joker has a vortex where if you guess wrong you could lose either 20% or 53% meterless.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Im not using joker the entire tournament. I said he was viable and top 10 just like 20 other characters in this game. Ill use BG whenever I feel like using her, and ill use Joker whenever I want to.
From "viable top 10" to "top 10 just like 20 other characters"

Man please, I could play my black adam all the way to top 64 at EVO then play Joker once or twice and get into top 32 with Joker.

Thats insane.
Exactly every Joker player's point when the thread was made. We don't want to know that Joker is a utility char that you can use in half the game's matchups, we know that. We want to use Joker for 90% our matches.

SonicFox5000

The Best.

Man please, I could play my black adam all the way to top 64 at EVO then play Joker once or twice and get into top 32 with Joker.

Exactly every Joker player's point when the thread was made. We don't want to know that Joker is a utility char that you can use in half the game's matchups, we know that. We want to use Joker for 90% our matches.
I will play him in pools all the way to top 16. If I feel a aMu is bad, im going bg

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I will play him in pools all the way to top 16. If I feel a aMu is bad, im going bg
That's exactly my point, it's easy to play him in matchups where you don't have to deal with Zod, his only unwinnable MU, winning a 5-5 is no biggie with any character.

I'm not trying to shit on you, we NEED someone to show what Joker can do, just that winning anything less than 7-3 is what we have also been saying is quite possible since day 1, regardless of what certain people who like to post 'ermahgerd finally viable" everytime a new joker tech thread/announcement is posted like to say.

tdlr joker viable with 1-2 unwinnable matchups.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
That's exactly my point, it's easy to play him in matchups where you don't have to deal with Zod, his only unwinnable MU, winning a 5-5 is no biggie with any character.

I'm not trying to shit on you, we NEED someone to show what Joker can do, just that winning anything less than 7-3 is what we have also been saying is quite possible since day 1, regardless of what certain people who like to post 'ermahgerd finally viable" everytime a new joker tech thread/announcement is posted like to say.

tdlr joker viable with 1-2 unwinnable matchups.
I only think zat feels impossible. Ill be running casuals with pig at FR. Again people are missing that this is not a tech thread. These are just tools he had which makes me think he is top 10.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I only think zat feels impossible. Ill be running casuals with pig at FR. Again people are missing that this is not a tech thread. These are just tools he had which makes me think he is top 10.
Zat is 6-4, I've played the MU for about 2-3 pretty long sets, her zoning is not untouchable and her mobility is not uncatchable imo.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Sometimes I feel like I can swap out Joker's name and put in Nightwing and it would read the same.