What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Why don't you just tell us what it is? So it doesn't get patched out before FR?
It cant. Nrs LITERALLY has to go in and nerf joker in order for him to lose this. @Blind_Man I think I know a nlock infinite when I can beat out reversal lex corpse charge and BGS flying bat with it. They would lose 52% meterless into reset options.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Why don't you just tell us what it is? So it doesn't get patched out before FR?
If Joker does indeed have a block infinite, how would revealing it now prevent NRS from patching it out before FR? Chances are that they're completely unaware of what Sonicfox is talking about and if he revealed it, then they'd be able to patch out what causes it.

Also, I hope he kicks ass with Joker at FR. There's a lot of naysayers (and I know you're just trying to be logical) in here but this kid delivers just about every time he plays. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

Fucking shit, do I hate Batgirl, though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Wow. Yet another member of the cast rockets up into high meta. Game has a lot of top 8 potential cast. Pretty cool stuff.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
It cant. Nrs LITERALLY has to go in and nerf joker in order for him to lose this. @Blind_Man I think I know a nlock infinite when I can beat out reversal lex corpse charge and BGS flying bat with it. They would lose 52% meterless into reset options.
thats sounds like a frame trap more than a block infin the way your describing it there.
it shouldnt "beat out" a 6 frame move if its a block inin, the 6 frame move would never have a chance to come out at all, moves like walking corpse, bane venom 3 and every characters super could escape it then if that was the case, pushblock also.

sorry if im just reading to much into the way you wrote it, but thats all i have to go on lol

SonicFox5000

The Best.
thats sounds like a frame trap more than a block infin the way your describing it there.
it shouldnt "beat out" a 6 frame move if its a block inin, the 6 frame move would never have a chance to come out at all, moves like walking corpse, bane venom 3 and every characters super could escape it then if that was the case, pushblock also.

sorry if im just reading to much into the way you wrote it, but thats all i have to go on lol
If you pushblock you get fucked. If you jump you get fucked. Your character better have more than 2 hits of armor on attacks.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
If you pushblock you get fucked. If you jump you get fucked. Your character better have more than 2 hits of armor on attacks.
Yeah, but that's not a block infinite, that's a setup, and one that's gotten a bit worse since the pushblock option doesn't get damage anymore.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ah i see, thats nice pushblock is covered but as mentioned pushblock combos do no damage now so wont every character still be able to escape for 1 bar as if a pushblock wouldnt mess them up. so if i have 1 bar and i have no worries from what im getting so far.
sorry but like i said it hard to go by a vague description, never understand why people hide/hold off on revealing tech/setups but each to there own i guess

StevoSuprem0

So how about we call it an endless frame trap
It's not endless at all. Without damage on the pushblock, they can just keep rushing you until you burn through your meter for no reward. The only use the pushblock stuff still have is corner carry and getting people to a BGB. The other options for jumps and such are all a guessing game, no?

SonicFox5000

The Best.
It's not endless at all. Without damage on the pushblock, they can just keep rushing you until you burn through your meter for no reward. The only use the pushblock stuff still have is corner carry and getting people to a BGB. The other options for jumps and such are all a guessing game, no?
Nono my friend.
If YOU pushblock me, I still get damage from a specific setup so your damned if you pushblock me. If I pushblock you then no damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm assuming you have it going as something decently hard to block against? Or is this like Bane's b.1 where it beats everything out but is blockable?

StevoSuprem0

Nono my friend.
If YOU pushblock me, I still get damage from a specific setup so your damned if you pushblock me. If I pushblock you then no damage.
Yeah, but there are no block string teeth setups that leave you at enough advantage to get another attack in without being stuffed and combo'd out on.