What's new

Breakthrough Joker is Viable, Top 10 at it. Tech videos by SonicFox

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He's not going to tell you. He is either trolling or hiding his tech. Stop trying lol.
Telling me if its easy to hard to block doesn't tell me anything about the tech. Though all the same, considering he is probably using teeth as a linker it shouldn't be hard to escape.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If you pushblock you get fucked. If you jump you get fucked. Your character better have more than 2 hits of armor on attacks.
Suddenly Grundy gets back into meta after FR lol
Honestly guys, I don't want the idea to flop. But then, I simply do not understand the point of this thread and mentioning that you probably know something unless you're there just to troll. Have tech, good for you, overhyping it like this gets you nothing but making things more sour if it fails.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I'm just testing random things out.
212 teeth ij3 (blocked teeth) j2 212 teeth.
That's all I got I'm pretty this isn't it.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
212 teeth D2 xx Gun xx Dash 212 teeth D2 xx Gun xx Dash 212. Close? haha
That's what I was thinking, but there is about a 15f gap between the teeth and the d2, so most characters can just apply advancing pressure to escape. Again, there isn't much reason for people to fear the pushblock anymore :(

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
212 teeth D2 xx Gun xx Dash 212 teeth D2 xx Gun xx Dash 212. Close? haha
Only problem is most characters can backdash the d.2 in the corner and then the set-up falls apart because you no longer have the gun portion.
Also he said two hits of armor are needed meaning either the dash gun will be punishable, or the entire set-up is MB b.3'able.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
That's what I was thinking, but there is about a 15f gap between the teeth and the d2, so most characters can just apply advancing pressure to escape. Again, there isn't much reason for people to fear the pushblock anymore :(
What about ij2 instead of d2

StevoSuprem0

What about ij2 instead of d2
Hmmm. That will still get beat my a lot of advancing normals (Superman, Black adam, Aquaman, etc) and is beat by fast reversals (flash, lex, etc) as well as a lot of d2's, and I think you can still dash out of the teeth after blocking the jump attack? I'll test it later though.

StevoSuprem0

Again, we looked for this kinda stuff a while ago and everything was escapable. I don't think there are any true block infinites. Frankly, there shouldn't be either. Crap like that doesn't belong in these games.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
If you pushblock you get fucked. If you jump you get fucked. Your character better have more than 2 hits of armor on attacks.
About 99% certain now that you are talking about what I found the other day (But only put in the Joker chat).

Try backdashing. I'm willing to bet that gets you out (But that J3 instead of flower catches the backdash).

EDIT:

Yeah, but there are no block string teeth setups that leave you at enough advantage to get another attack in without being stuffed and combo'd out on.
Yes there are. I don't want to steal Sonic's thunder so I won't post it, but recheck the chat, and more specifically what I posted on the same day I talked about my new BnB.

I didn't think about using it in the corner though. Not a bad idea assuming I can get the execution down to stop jumps consistently and you're not in one of the corners that eats teeth.

Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

Yes there are. I don't want to steal Sonic's thunder so I won't post it, but recheck the chat, and more specifically what I posted on the same day I talked about my new BnB.

I didn't think about using it in the corner though. Not a bad idea assuming I can get the execution down to stop jumps consistently and you're not in one of the corners that eats teeth.
What you put in the chat is still not fast enough. 212 xx teeth leaves you are a bit of a disadvantage. Any followups are not fast enough in most matchups to stuff what the opponent will pressure you with. Am I wrong? Or are we talking about something that works in just a few situations?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
What you put in the chat is still not fast enough. 212 xx teeth leaves you are a bit of a disadvantage. Any followups are not fast enough in most matchups to stuff what the opponent will pressure you with. Am I wrong? Or are we talking about something that works in just a few situations?
If you do it fast enough (I assume this is where the just frame he was talking about is), it will stop jumps and *most* reversal attacks. I'm not sure if it stops Flash's lightning charge since it moves faster (But I may have just messed up), but it does stop Lex's CC. That said, *most* characters can backdash it midscreen. In the corner though... Well if we can get it down consistently that could be a legit constant frametrap.

That said... Teeth can be pushblocked :p

StevoSuprem0

If you do it fast enough (I assume this is where the just frame he was talking about is), it will stop jumps and *most* reversal attacks. I'm not sure if it stops Flash's lightning charge since it moves faster (But I may have just messed up), but it does stop Lex's CC. That said, *most* characters can backdash it midscreen. In the corner though... Well if we can get it down consistently that could be a legit constant frametrap.

That said... Teeth can be pushblocked :p
I gotta re-test that tonight. I remember trying this out and it wasn't working on Lex and even some slower reversals.
Sadly, this ALSO doesn't work on the 6+ characters that 212 whiffs on...
And yes, teeth can be pushblocked :(

Fromundaman

I write too much.
I gotta re-test that tonight. I remember trying this out and it wasn't working on Lex and even some slower reversals.
Sadly, this ALSO doesn't work on the 6+ characters that 212 whiffs on...
And yes, teeth can be pushblocked :(
Even still, the more I mess with this, the more I realize how godlike it is, even in the neutral game. They take ~10% chip if they block everything and leaves us in extreme frame advantage to restart. We can also mix things up to open them up, though even just forcing them to block over and over is just as good.

TBH, the timing is pretty tricky though. Sometimes I manage to beat reversals, while most others I don't. For example today I beat out reversal slide once, then traded with it two other times, then lost to some slower normal. I think it's just that I'm not consistent in my timing; might be the problem you're facing too?

Also I kind of hope that this isn't what Sonic reveals now just so we can have multiple broken blockstrings revealed at once XD