What's new

Joker General Discussion Thread

Other people already mentioned this but his D1 is amazing. It has 14 hit advantage and you can easily jail into 121/123. I really struggle with other characters that don't have a fast mid and I can't jail from poke reliablely.
Who needs a mid with Joker!!

Also this complements his throw/shimmy game.

Art Lean

Noob
I find the character in this game completely and utterly insufferably annoying. Is he like this in any there Batman film or cartoon or something? The voice is just so irritating (maybe that's the point?) I literally have to mute the TV any time I'm forced to fight him, my entire knowledge of The Joker is briefly having seen the 60s show a couple of times, having seen Burton's first movie once and the Dark Knight once. None of them seemed this irritating.

I don't like Batman and super heroes as it is and if this is anything to go by, I most certainly never will.

Is it actually possible to delete him from my roster once downloaded? I'm being serious in that I can't stand him and want him out of my game.

One more question - who is his real-life face model? He looks so weird (and not in a good way) like he doesn't even look like a real person.

Last edited:
I find the character in this game completely and utterly insufferably annoying. Is he like this in any there Batman film or cartoon or something? The voice is just so irritating (maybe that's the point?) I literally have to mute the TV any time I'm forced to fight him, my entire knowledge of The Joker is briefly having seen the 60s show a couple of times, having seen Burton's first movie once and the Dark Knight once. None of them seemed this irritating.

I don't like Batman and super heroes as it is and if this is anything to go by, I most certainly never will.

Is it actually possible to delete him from my roster once downloaded? I'm being serious in that I can't stand him and want him out of my game.

One more question - who is his real-life face model? He looks so weird (and not in a good way) like he doesn't even look like a real person.
Kombat League jokers been treating you poorly bruh?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Boss towers are definitely giving out pretty much just augments for Joker. No brutalities, gear, skins or taunts.

Soooooo...content for him that can be unlocked is character towers, and like tag assist towers that give out gear.

Looks like they messed up somewhere heh
I got 2 skins from doing a boss tower, but they were exact duplicates of eachother. This happened twice in a row. There's def something bugged with his unlocks

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

Joker's face is usually exaggerated, especially his chin and cheeks, to make him look like a jester. I doubt he looks much like his original face model

Art Lean

Noob
Kombat League jokers been treating you poorly bruh?
That’s an honestly obnoxious assumption. And funnily enough the answer is no, not for him, not for anyone, never played the game online even once since I bought it. I can show you my career stats screen to prove it if you like? My online history is entirely at 0% since launch. Think maybe I clicked into it once by accident but closed the mode immediately once I realised I was playing against other people.

I play Mortal Kombat solely for its story and lore, just by myself. And I’ve said in multiple posts I think MK has so many great original characters, why do they waste their time putting in characters from other franchises? It’s like a Star Wars movie shoe-horning in Spider-Man. And seriously... they brought back Hsu Hao in his ending?!?! WTF?

I literally don’t like the character, visually or audibly, he reminds me of Tom Green in Freddy Got Fingered. I find the character annoying as hell even just playing against him on “very easy” on an offline tower. I hate his dialogue. I hate his voice, I hate his face. This has nothing to do with moves, online experience or fighting ability, this is all about characterisation and for someone who has barely any Batman knowledge I’m actually confused as to why he’s so treasured if this is anything to go by??? Not as a fighter, but a character. I've not seen it but that Jaoquin Pheonix movie looked like it was a respectable version of the character, from what little I have to go by, he seems a realistic troubled individual, however this cartoon action-figure Tom Green "thing" is just unbearable in my opinion and just want some insight into "getting it" or information how to delete him if I never will.

Last edited:

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
That’s an honestly obnoxious assumption. And funnily enough the answer is no, not for him, not for anyone, never played the game online even once since I bought it. I can show you my career stats screen to prove it if you like? My online history is entirely at 0% since launch.

View attachment 16529
View attachment 16530

I play Mortal Kombat solely for its story and lore, just by myself. And I’ve said in multiple posts I think MK has so many great original characters, why do they waste their time putting in characters from other franchises? It’s like a Star Wars movie shoe-horning in Spider-Man. And seriously... they brought back Hsu Hao in his ending?!?! WTF?

I literally don’t like the character, visually or audibly, he reminds me of Tom Green in Freddy Got Fingered. I find the character annoying as hell even just playing against him on “very easy” on an offline tower. I hate his dialogue. I hate his voice, I hate his face. This has nothing to do with moves, online experience or fighting ability, this is all about characterisation and for someone who has barely any Batman knowledge I’m actually confused as to why he’s so treasured if this is anything to go by??? Not as a fighter, but a character. I've not seen it but that Jaoquin Pheonix movie looked like it was a respectable version of the character, from what little I have to go by, he seems a realistic troubled individual, however this cartoon action-figure Tom Green "thing" is just unbearable in my opinion and just want some insight into "getting it" or information how to delete him if I never will.

...you just gotta let that hate go bro. The humor of his character is obviously lost on you so just let it go lol

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
But that’s what I’m asking, what’s the joke? I don’t find it remotely funny, just unbearably irritating??

View attachment 16531
Nobody takes delight in the idea of murder like the Joker, its a twisted but comical personality. And over the years its developed in many ways. There's the gangster archtype in some movies. Others he's just a complete psychotic, sometimes its even a genetic defect or a mutation that stirs him to cause the mayhem he does. It's not that deep. I compare it to what makes gremlins a funny movie, you either enjoy the chaos or are a victim idk.

Art Lean

Noob
I like legends and mythology. I don't like people who are bitten by radioactive creatures, or are James Bond with hideous fashion sense, just doesn't appeal. Bond gets his clothes on Saville Row, hand-made beautiful custom-fitted suits of a gentleman driving an Aston Martin, whilst Batman wears a silly rubber bat costume and ridiculous eye makeup with a black dragster that would require 20-point-turns to effectively turn around on a housing estate.

Mortal Kombat entranced me when I was 10 with its mystical Oriental atmosphere and exploration of fictional ancient myths fused with the brutal violence that made the story have truly weighted consequences.

I have never ever seen any modern comic movie and have no interest to. I just don't get it. Never have.

Literally the only super hero movie I've ever actively liked is Batman Returns, because it's like a fetishistic, expressionistic, snowglobe fantasy movie exploring a hypnotic mix of Max Fleischer meets Fritz Lang. Like that I can get; because it's so strange and artistically shot it's its own little gothic psychosexual world of carnival anarchy. The ones set in the "real" world just don't attract me in the slightest. Spiderman, Superman, Harley Quinn and Wolverine, and all their super hero friends just don't appeal at all.

But I don't want to come across as someone insulting something you like, that's yours to love and that's honestly absolutely cool, I'm sure I like plenty of stuff you think it utter crap and that's fine, that's the magic of being individual and human. I'm just saying what doesn't make sense to me from my perspective, I'm not saying I'm right in the slightest, there's obviously a big reason Batman is popular and it's just not my thing I guess.

However when it comes to THIS Joker I literally don't get what's likeable about him in this game? I've seen Batman 89 and Jack Nicholson was enjoyably himself in it though I've not seen it since I was a kid. I vaguely remember the Heath Ledger version and it wasn't annoying or offensive. I've seen the Joaquin Phoenix trailer and it seems pretty good, a taxi driver esque nutter pushed beyond his limits. But Tom Green dressed as a clown skipping and dancing constantly talking like the baby from Family Guy, where is this Joker from and I just want to understand what's appealing? It's really really irritating and just don't "get it"?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That’s an honestly obnoxious assumption. And funnily enough the answer is no, not for him, not for anyone, never played the game online even once since I bought it. I can show you my career stats screen to prove it if you like? My online history is entirely at 0% since launch. Think maybe I clicked into it once by accident but closed the mode immediately once I realised I was playing against other people.

View attachment 16529
View attachment 16530

Then why are you here? This forum is for people who play MK on a competitive lvl.

Art Lean

Noob
Then why are you here? This forum is for people who play MK on a competitive lvl.
Where does it say that? I love Mortal Kombat, as a franchise and lore since 1992.

I used to post on MK5.org (now mortalkombatonline.com) when it was the biggest MK site but there's no traffic on it anymore. I want to chat about aesthetics, its world, its characters, its storylines, like I always have and people always used to.

So, you're saying as a Mortal Kombt fan, who's loved it characters, story, mythology, lore and atmosphere for nearly 28 years... that I'm nearly 40 and own the silver ring from a promotion during the era of the first game, that owns the CD soundtracks from Dan Forden's website 20 years ago, who (somewhere) still has the day one Mortal Kombat 2 pre-order t-shirt, would watch Federation of Martial Arts in its al its dreadful grainy glory on mortalkombat.com.... that I'm not welcome here because I dislike a character in the current game and don't play online in a game that for the vast majority of the franchise's history has all been about either the story or playing on the sofa with your friends next to you?

I can safely say there was no "competitive lvl" when Mortal Kombat Defenders of the Realm or Conquest was on TV, but I watched all of it and bought all the VHS tapes. There was no "competitive lvl" when I was playing Mythologies or Shaolin Monks at home by myself on release-date because I just wanted to enjoy the backstory more. There was no "competitive lvl" when I spent my 15th birthday embarrassed at the fact that I'd booked a cinema night to watch MK Annihilation and it was a big fat sack of garbage.

I find the notion quite insulting.

Last edited:

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
Where does it say that? I love Mortal Kombat, as a franchise and lore since 1992.

I used to post on MK5.org (now mortalkombatonline.com) when it was the biggest MK site but there's no traffic on it anymore. I want to chat about aesthetics, its world, its characters, its storylines, like I always have and people always used to.

So, you're saying as a Mortal Kombt fan, who's loved it characters, story, mythology, lore and atmosphere for nearly 28 years... I'm not welcome here because I dislike a character in the current game and don't play online in a game that for the vast majority of the franchise's history has all been about either the story or playing on the sofa with your friends next to you?
He means to say these threads tend to be for the player base that are more so focused on tech building for the particular characters in the game regardless of personal opinion of the character. This is a topic to just discuss the joker as a character. This is a topic to discuss the character that NRS has built and placed into the game designed around the joker. Strengths weaknesses etc COMPETITIVELY. Not personal opinions or biased comments about the joker that dc or whoever has created. We're gamers here, not necessarily or excluding fans of comic books. There just may be a topic on this forum for you to discuss the things about joker that you're stating but this isn't it.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
He means to say these threads tend to be for the player base that are more so focused on tech building for the particular characters in the game regardless of personal opinion of the character. This is a topic to just discuss the joker as a character. This is a topic to discuss the character that NRS has built and placed into the game designed around the joker. Strengths weaknesses etc COMPETITIVELY. Not personal opinions or biased comments about the joker that dc or whoever has created. We're gamers here, not necessarily or excluding fans of comic books.
Forgive me and I mean no disrespect, but I fail to see how anything I've stated is any different to those who want to know what his lyrics are to Pop Goes the Weasel? That has nothing to do with playability, that's entirely down to how he's presented as a character medium.

Plus he/she specifically stated "forum", not "thread". And this thread is called Joker "General Discussion" thread. I'd like to think his on-screen personality, voice acting and visuals quite literally come under "general discussion"?

NappyNuisance

Irritatingly Noir
Forgive me and I mean no disrespect, but I fail to see how anything I've stated is any different to those who want to know what his lyrics are to Pop Goes the Weasel? That has nothing to do with playability, that's entirely down to how he's presented as a character medium.

Plus he/she specifically stated "forum", not "thread".
I'm not here to argue with you just to clarify. And to answer anyone asking for the pop goes the weasel fatal lyrics is asking for something the character can provide. Literally just sitting in this topic debating and stating an opinion about the joker detracts from the point of the thread smh we're here to enjoy and not enjoy what makes this character playable etc if it wasnt the joker and say it was some other chracter we would still be here figuring tech out. Not caring to figure out why the character is even in the game cause "he doesn't fit". You're free to state your opinion about this all day, but eventually the thread topic whatever you have it should focus back on setups tech matchups etc if that doesn't help idk what to tell you

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

Wtf is the point in this? The hostage explodes and hits low only if my opponent jump backwards first and the hostage whiffs?