What's new

Joker Combos / Resets

Hey guys just figured I'd share what I like to do to mix guys up, after the wall bounce with whatever starter you choose I usuallly go down 2 far teeth, take a step forward 3 and from there do whatever you like it's deadly with the overhead and the teeth hitting low. I usually down 2 again then and either jump 2 forward 2,3 ex crowbar for damage and wall push. Might be old and useless but works really well for me it's a 50-50 and a reset tear it apart let me know what you guys think!!!! Just trying to throw more mixup ideas out there!

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Hey guys just figured I'd share what I like to do to mix guys up, after the wall bounce with whatever starter you choose I usuallly go down 2 far teeth, take a step forward 3 and from there do whatever you like it's deadly with the overhead and the teeth hitting low. I usually down 2 again then and either jump 2 forward 2,3 ex crowbar for damage and wall push. Might be old and useless but works really well for me it's a 50-50 and a reset tear it apart let me know what you guys think!!!! Just trying to throw more mixup ideas out there!
If the opponent rolls F3 will not reach

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Can somebody give me some basic Joker midscreen Combos and setups I have probably spent 5 hours in training mode trying to get his teeth combos but it's not happening

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Yo so doing starter bf2 ex step back f3 f3 close teeth f3/f3 ex into looping f3's with armor if you have meter gives unclashable htbs in the corner. I set te ai to tech roll, had them try to wakeup, jump out, and they couldnt. Tear this apart if theres a hole and sorry if it was known

Sunny_D

Just noticed that charging the f3 to make it a tight htb they can jump out, maybe b13 is better? Wont beat wakeups sadly

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yo so doing starter bf2 ex step back f3 f3 close teeth f3/f3 ex into looping f3's with armor if you have meter gives unclashable htbs in the corner. I set te ai to tech roll, had them try to wakeup, jump out, and they couldnt. Tear this apart if theres a hole and sorry if it was known
Unless teeth hit first, it's clashable.
Just noticed that charging the f3 to make it a tight htb they can jump out, maybe b13 is better? Wont beat wakeups sadly
B13 is the setup used for last week or so, check out the other threads.

Sunny_D

It's clashable and you can wakeup since it doesn't have armour. The base unblockable is a long enough knockdown into teeth and MB f3.
Whats the base knockdown? Unless you meant the f3 f3 cause that leaves you plus enough to guarantee a teeth and f3 but might not be hard enough to block

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
There aren't really any setups without the teeth combos. The char is complicated and execution heavy, if you can't do that then you can't really use him at a decent lvl.
I've been messing around in practice mode in honestly from what I can tell the teeth combos aren't that much more damaging
My bnb is 322,mb bf2, b3,j2,f23, crowbar/far teeth does 44%/39%
J2,32,mb bf2,d2 db3f, j1,db3f,21,db3f,f23, crowbar only does 40%
And this was done with the competitive mode on
But anyways what's some good Corner setups is what I'm looking for cuz right now what I use is hard knock down throw teeth out jump 3

Sunny_D

I've been messing around in practice mode in honestly from what I can tell the teeth combos aren't that much more damaging
But anyways what's some good Corner setups is what I'm looking for cuz right now what I use is hard knock down throw teeth out jump 3
You dont want to end in crowbar because you get no oki and the 500% teeth combos give you REALLY good oki anywhere on the screen. I suggest just learning them

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Most players are casual players who'd like to be able to train with their stats and/or gear. Competitive players have always been a minority in NRS games, so to me it makes sense to have stats-on be the default.
do casuals even use training?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Damage is irrelevant. These combos have no wallcarry, no oki and no setups. Teeth combos do.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Those setups are very easy to block.

That's the problem with a lot of wakeup atks. In order not to have them either break your mb f3 or go through it, you have to make the setup easily blockable. My training parner blocks all my setups if I don't mix them up properly.

Atrocitus breaks armour if you wait too long, Catwoman goes through it. What you want is a setup that hits just as or after teeth explode to make it hard to block AND deal with wakeups.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Those setups are very easy to block.

That's the problem with a lot of wakeup atks. In order not to have them either break your mb f3 or go through it, you have to make the setup easily blockable. My training parner blocks all my setups if I don't mix them up properly.

Atrocitus breaks armour if you wait too long, Catwoman goes through it. What you want is a setup that hits just as or after teeth explode to make it hard to block AND deal with wakeups.
@Alioune you can end those in d1 b13 instead of 213 for the better shkd.
@Qwark28 I find that depending on the character and their wakeup options, the teeth b13 openers can be pretty good. Some people I play have figured out they can mb dash out of the corner before the mb f3 teeth setups catch them, which requires something like this to get them to respect the options.

Alioune

Noob
@Alioune you can end those in d1 b13 instead of 213 for the better shkd.
@Qwark28 I find that depending on the character and their wakeup options, the teeth b13 openers can be pretty good. Some people I play have figured out they can mb dash out of the corner before the mb f3 teeth setups catch them, which requires something like this to get them to respect the options.
I dont want better frame advantage though. These setups cover both normal wakeup and delayed ones.