What's new

Johnny Cage Trailer Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Very happy with the trailer.... the Fatal Blow, Fatality and Win Pose with the doll are all God-Tier and I even love the intro... I think of all the versions this one has the most personality, from what we have seen. I can not wait to see the other intros... but man... making fun of the old uppercut glitch is just genius.. wow. This is MK as I see it... cool, and fun.. I like dark but I like a little silly in there, and full of lore and nods to the fans. Mime, The trophy thing.. this is just an awesome trailer.

Last edited:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Well it looks like Sonicfoxs "Im gonna main baraka if his fireball stays mid" agenda against worked cus the fireball is high now. There isnt anyone in the world that actually thought Fox would main a defensive wall character that gets his best damage from punishes. All he has to say tho is "if this move stays as is, im using it" which was clearly a dogwhistle for "im not actually going to use this move but im sonicfox and i only use broke shit so me saying I like this move means it must be too strong" and NRS nerfed it accordingly. He played your ass NRS, he never intended to use Baraka, stop listening to everything he says
You know this reminds me of what Sonic said about day 1 Sub-Zero in MKX.

Then people started to blame him for getting him nerfed. I won't make the same claim but Baraka's blade spark animation looked the same too me.

I won't read into this so much due to the game still being constantly tested and balanced out day in and out. So I won't believe they changed it to a high until the final design is in fact a high.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Best Cage is actually best.

I’ve very rarely screamed, laughed, or visibly gotten hype on my own in public before. Pretty sure mime-parry made me gurn.

Possible pocket for sure.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I don't like the gun on Johnny though, I think he doesn't need one with that awesome green power of his! Why anyone with that kind of power also uses a gun? There are also enough gun users already. I hope it's just for show, Didn't see Johnny use a gun in any of his moves.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
This outfit is really growing on me. I thought it looked terrible and bulky from the hangar pic, but it's not bulky at all, gives him a great silhouette, and looks good in motion.

The gun is a really nice touch. I'm glad that he doesn't use it, but I'm glad that he has it for this skin. Says a lot about his character. He still doesn't think that shooting people is the #1 solution to anything, but he's seen enough shit to know that it's better to be prepared than not.

I was thinking at first that he might use it for a fatality or something? But then I realized his other skins won't have it, so it's probably strictly a prop. Unless MK11 is doing skin-exclusive fatalities like MKX did variation-specific ones.

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
Never been a fan of Johnny Cage as the smartass/comic-relief archetype has never been my thing, but this trailer is top tier. A++. I'm happy for the lot of you.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Man... this trailer was amazing. I’m not even a huge Johnny Cage fan. I don’t dislike him... he was always just kinda... there. Especially in MKX.

But now... now, I definitely want to play him.

Seeing how much they took his personality, exaggerated it even more, and ran with it... I just love it. And that aspect alone makes me really want Mileena back. MKX Mileena was damn near perfect, but if they can give her an even more exaggerated version of that... oh man, I want. I love the crazy.

So far, NRS is really nailing it with MK11. Everyone is looking amazing!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Cool trailer, but can I know why every hit sounds like you're punching the inside of a watermelon?

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
One move looks like a fast overhead or perhaps he was doing an instant air move from a short jump. Cant wait to see more footage!

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Cool trailer, but can I know why every hit sounds like you're punching the inside of a watermelon?
That’s actually how they make a lot of the sounds. They had some behind-the-scenes stuff before MKX, maybe on one of the Kombat Kast streams I believe.