What's new

Match-up Discussion Johnny Cage: Official Matchup Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
he better hit up a mlg, i'll be there, denzell will be there, maxter will be there, dizzy will be there, curbo probably, and many other ones. Also summer jam was like the East coast's NCR, not many players but some good players. Nothing compared to an mlg or major like final round this year though.
Assuming MK will be at MLG next year, which is not final. TheTetraSpirit are you going to NEC? He could probably prove it there.

Assuming MK will be at MLG next year, which is not final. TheTetraSpirit are you going to NEC? He could probably prove it there.
it will be there if mlg has sense as far as fighting games go, we had the most entrants at EVERY mlg so unless they just cut out fighting games, then we in there. Also is he going to NEC? bcuz then he'll be able to play cages like maxter and dizzy.

Money is a massive issue and I'll likely never be able to travel for tournies.
However, I can make all the Philly ones, including NEC, because those are 20 minutes away. So I'm sure I'll fight a Cage or two there.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Money is a massive issue and I'll likely never be able to travel for tournies.
However, I can make all the Philly ones, including NEC, because those are 20 minutes away. So I'm sure I'll fight a Cage or two there.
Same here. Philly has a pretty good scene at least.

And MITDJT that is very wishful thinking. However in the grand scheme of things fighters are not an MLG priority, and depending on the success of Injustice and TTT2 there is a POSSIBILITY that it could be out.

For the record I hope MK9 remains at MLG, of course.

And MITDJT that is very wishful thinking. However in the grand scheme of things fighters are not an MLG priority, and depending on the success of Injustice and TTT2 there is a POSSIBILITY that it could be out.

The closest guys to me are SwiftTomHanks, AC1984(Who are both almost an hour out,) and Lt. Box who's about 15 minutes.
Swift isn't really practical for me because I don't have my own vehicle and can't really keep pestering my dad to borrow it or drive me there, and Box is always working and NEVER FUCKING GETTING BACK TO ME WHEN HE'S AVAILABLE. >:
But yeah, there's only a handful of guys nearby and it's hard to hook up with them. :/

of course, i'd play injustice without a doubt if it replaced mk9, supporting NRS and TYM all day baby.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
nvm, i try and try and ppl just act like I'm just saying stuff. I never said baraka has no hope and can't win the mu, but it is 100% cage favor. I dnt want to hear none of this stuff about picking spots, that's just like me saying scorpion vs jax is a 5 5 bcuz I know how to "pick my spots and zone him", negative. If you look at the frame data and tools the chars have, cage outdoes him. Not only that, the armor move you have to get out of pressure is super unsafe up close, so that won't be good news for him. If i get a lead, you got to come to me and that's where it gets really bad bcuz cage outclasses him in the footsies game. Not only this, but i can trade off with baraka all day when i get a lead since baraka's projectile isn't fast. Baraka has a juicy ass hitbox too( not good news for him), and baraka's wakeup options aren't good. Add all that with the fact that baraka has strings that are interruptable if i'm not mistaken that you can ex nutpunch. You also aren't safe from the ex forceball up close, or from a distance to close in on baraka and meter building is easy for cage when he gets in. Once you corner baraka, it is lights out bcuz cage's corner pressure will murder him. Just so many things going for cage, dnt know why i even need to elaborate haha. pls ask any cage like dizzy, curbo, foxy, maxter, my bro, and etc. what the mu is, guarentee they say 6 4 or 7 3.
No me? Ok :(

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Skarlet- 6/4 5/5 Skarlet's zoning is pretty damn good against Cage. She also has really great armor to use against his Pressure.
Skarlet's zoning does no damage and is not hard to get around IMO. She also is a risky character than cage can take advantage of.
Doesn't do damage, but builds meter, has a small hitbox that is why everyone jumps on it.
This is what will kill you if you sleep on it, she has equal chances to beat cage has he has it.
The only problem here is staying too close of him because of F3 like everyone else.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
imo shang vs cage is 5-5 if you have something other wise let me know in detail, but shang can play good keep away with skulls and then ex soul steal interurpting pressure and its cage vs cage. if the shang player f3's first you are eating double chip :(

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Ahh, I finally got the time to look through this..... and it is literally my exact chart LOL. We do play really similar cages Claude VonStroke so it makes sense. Im just mad that a couple months ago when I said kenshi was a 2 8 matchup, I got blown up for it over here at team yardley lol.... is it out of line to say I was tom bradyed? Anyway good chart.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Ahh, I finally got the time to look through this..... and it is literally my exact chart LOL. We do play really similar cages Claude VonStroke so it makes sense. Im just mad that a couple months ago when I said kenshi was a 2 8 matchup, I got blown up for it over here at team yardley lol.... is it out of line to say I was tom bradyed? Anyway good chart.
awesome man. Yeah that MU is SUPER dumb.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
awesome man. Yeah that MU is SUPER dumb.
When OZZYGUITAR picked him up and was going even with me day 1 i was like wtf is this shit? LOL was it you that counterpicked me with him at the first dungeon battles? Even that was really tough lol. And eazil went kenshi on me too, on the way home somebody was like did you have a good time? And I was like.... i fought kenshi all day.... so no.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
When OZZYGUITAR picked him up and was going even with me day 1 i was like wtf is this shit? LOL was it you that counterpicked me with him at the first dungeon battles? Even that was really tough lol. And eazil went kenshi on me too, on the way home somebody was like did you have a good time? And I was like.... i fought kenshi all day.... so no.
yeah and my kenshi was about 1 hour old in practice mode lol. I've been working on him and beat Jeremiahs cage with him at MLG. I use Kenshi for cage and Kitana now. Maybe sonya too but I like the challenge with cage lol. I finally learned how to fight sonya properly. Buffering EX nutpunch during pressure among other things.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
yeah and my kenshi was about 1 hour old in practice mode lol. I've been working on him and beat Jeremiahs cage with him at MLG. I use Kenshi for cage and Kitana now. Maybe sonya too but I like the challenge with cage lol. I finally learned how to fight sonya properly. Buffering EX nutpunch during pressure among other things.
I remember kevo bodied us both with sonya that day.... and after that he refused to give me mu exp because he said he wanted a back up if I beat his kabal in tourny. I still dont know her too well but I do ok.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I remember kevo bodied us both with sonya that day.... and after that he refused to give me mu exp because he said he wanted a back up if I beat his kabal in tourny. I still dont know her too well but I do ok.
Been playing riu48 recently and also swift tom hanks picked up sonya. She's so stupid. I know cage is but imo she's even more dumb.

ChrisJG

Noob
I don't think sindel is a 5-5, her zoning is too strong, can someone give their input please. I've never fought a sindel offline so im not too sure.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't think sindel is a 5-5, her zoning is too strong, can someone give their input please. I've never fought a sindel offline so im not too sure.
This is a def 5 5. She has solid zoning but when cage gets in sindel is DEAD. Do not be afraid to ex shadow kick to push her to the corner. When you get within the range of her cartwheel, make sure to stand block, even if it means eating a low fireball, then once they start low fireballing you can jump it or block it to get in.... If you do block the cartwheel you get a garranteed fwd3. Once you start pressuring her, all she has are pokes to get out, no armor, so don't be afraid to really let her have it. Once you have her in the corner the only move you really need to be afraid of is ex cartwheel which reverses positions. Overall be patient, and it isnt too frustrating of a match.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think Cage beats Sindel. Her zoning doesn't do shit for damage. Even if I get hit by 5 fireballs trying to get in its not that big of a deal. She has to guess right WAY too many times.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGA Dizzy would you ever want to release a MU chart or do you think MU charts are stupid?
I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I wouldn't mind to if people wanted it.

I mainly just don't like having to inevitably type out a long argument for each character, which is why ill just chime in from time to time when people ask about specific matchups.