Jax's F413 String vs Low hitbox

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Just tested them all.

Low hit box characters:
Kung Lao - standing 1 combos, spin, 24
Reptile - standing 1 combos, d4, dash
Cage - Standing 1 combos, b3,
Mileena - standing 1 - standing 2 - standing 4 combos, d4, roll.
Sektor - uppercut, standing 1
Sonya - standing 1 combos, d4 cartwheel
Jax - 123, 12-Overhead Smash, d4
Kabal - f4, d4 overhead, d4 dash cancel, standing 1, 11b3, enhanced dash.
Quan chi - Uppercut, 11b2 Trance.
Skarlet - standing 1 combos, standing 4, d4

Non:
Scorpion
Lui kang
Sub zero
Sindel
Ermac
Kitana
Jade
Nightwolf
Cyrax - Thankfully
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Kano
Stryker
Shang
Baraka
Raiden
Cyber Sub Zero
Sheeva
Kenshi
Rain

According to the guy M2Dave, Jax is an S Teir character, which according to him, are characters with 2 bad match ups, but there are 10 characters that can punish him for using f4, and that list of 10 might not even include his two bad match ups that M2Dave listed.

NOTE: I have put in d4 for characters that have safe options after the D4, but all of these characters can gain d4 advantage on hit.
Come play wimme eurotrash. Is Lius hitbox too big then? I wasnt sure if it was big or small, cause if the 1 doesnt hit him his B3 will definitely work

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Mileena, you say...I can live with that.

The battle to defeat Jax could inspire all sorts of change in style bizarre tactics and antics from the MK community.
I guess that'd legit make him the Barack Obama of MK. But with metal arms and the inability to take bullshit.
"GTFO foriegn policy...*rocket fist*...oh, what up asian trade agreement...*obliterates with ground pound*...oh, you want me to stop smoking too? *ear claps someone's head into explosion, and in inexplicable MK fashion, catches a pack of Newports that had come flying out of their shattered head* Yeah."

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
do any of the grab specials make f4 safer? for ex f4, df1 or f4, db1?
No the grabs seem to make it even easier to punish because by the time you stand up the grab is in recovery.

Jax basically cannot ever use F4 against low hitbox characters & players with quick enough reactions, its not that hard to do so far.

Updated first post too

Lookin '4'Ward to seeing a mirror between CD Jr and Tyrant with this knowledge haha

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Just tested them all.

Low hit box characters:
Kung Lao - standing 1 combos, spin, 24
Reptile - standing 1 combos, standing 3, standing 2 acid ball, standing 2 invisibility, d4, dash
Cage - Standing 1 combos, b3, uppercut,
Mileena - standing 1 - standing 2 - standing 4 combos, d4, roll.
Sektor - uppercut, standing 1, 21 Teleport.
Sonya - standing 1 combos, d4 cartwheel
Jax - 123, 12-Overhead Smash, d4
Kabal - f4, d4 overhead, d4 dash cancel, standing 1, 11b3, enhanced dash, 21 Dash.
Quan chi - Uppercut, 11b2 Trance.
Skarlet - standing 1 combos, standing 4, d4

Non:
Scorpion
Lui kang
Sub zero
Sindel
Ermac
Kitana
Jade
Nightwolf
Cyrax - Thankfully
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Kano
Stryker
Shang
Baraka
Raiden
Cyber Sub Zero
Sheeva - Didn't even bother to test her.
Kenshi
Rain

According to the guy M2Dave, Jax is an S Teir character, which according to him, are characters with 2 bad match ups, but there are 10 characters that can punish him for using f4, and that list of 10 might not even include his two bad match ups that M2Dave listed.

NOTE: I have put in d4 for characters that have safe options after the D4, but all of these characters can gain d4 advantage on hit.
Goodnight sweet prince.

He will be missed.

CD jr

Noob
This doesn't make jax bad though the matchup against cage and sonya is still 5-5 I'm not going to explain why here cause I don't want to get into an argument with anyone here.
Edit: ok I'm gonna explain why is still 5-5 against cage and Sonya when I get to a computer,the iPhone keyboard sucks

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Really Cd i wanna hear this form another jax player cause i might be missing some vital stuff or playing this match up wrong

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Been knowing this a long time ago when i was playing against Cimmerian's Jax. Thats why its kinda hard to win against Jax with Ermac.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This doesn't make jax bad though the matchup against cage and sonya is still 5-5 I'm not going to explain why here cause I don't want to get into an argument with anyone here.
Edit: ok I'm gonna explain why is still 5-5 against cage and Sonya when I get to a computer,the iPhone keyboard sucks
TBH I cant see any redeeming quality that Jax can have against Cage after something like this. Groundpounds and anti airs arent gonna win the match for him considering Cage has good AAs too and is quick along the ground himself. Because F4 and F41 ON BLOCK can be punished by Cages B3 I just dont see it working. The Cage player doesnt even have to respect a mixup in the string because as soon as the F4 is blocked they can mash B3 and gaurantee a launch.

Sonya already killed Jax hard enough too.

Jax is gonna have to spend meter to make any of his offense safe which is a very heavy price to pay considering that both them characters will tear him apart for a single mistake. His meter isnt infinite and he wont be able to build it quick enough because he has no strings that should hit either of them.

All Jax has left is D4 -> Overhead, 21Overhead(misses against neutral duck and can be combo punished anyway), and F4 ExOverhead

123 can be interupted by 8 frame jabs into combo too.

His zoning dont beat Sonya because even though he can GP under her rings she can just arc kick her way in and punish the GP before it even comes out with a divekick. Its just a losing battle all round by the looks of it. On top of that she probably has the best footsies in the game while a character like Jax has pretty crap footsies.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Not that I had a hard time against Jax before (with my JC) but this is just so nice. He just tripped and fell down a couple tiers.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This means that characters that used to run away from Jax, like Mileena/Sektor/Quan, can now just sit there and do braindead shit because all they have to do is wait for a single F4 to be blocked and hes done for.

Its also bad because midscreen his damage is too weak anyway

shura30

Shura

As long as your technical statement isn't 'you did not play against x or y at tournament level any additional info would be largely appreciated

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
As long as your technical statement isn't 'you did not play against x or y at tournament level any additional info would be largely appreciated
Thats the thing though, doesnt matter which Jax player it is, if theyre against 1 of the 10 characters he cant hit, he will get chewed up. Its not a play you have to make on a read its a play you make on reaction to a blocked F4 and you never have to respect any more of the string that F4, he cant do any variation of it to stop you from retaliation.

Justice

Noob
This means that characters that used to run away from Jax, like Mileena/Sektor/Quan, can now just sit there and do braindead shit because all they have to do is wait for a single F4 to be blocked and hes done for.
I don't entirely agree with this. That's the joy of sharing tech. Sure now those players are going to be looking for a f4 to rape on reaction, but at the same time, Jax players will be altering their playstyles and searching for new options to rely less on the f4 strings. Makes us all better players ;)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't entirely agree with this. That's the joy of sharing tech. Sure now those players are going to be looking for a f4 to rape on reaction, but at the same time, Jax players will be altering their playstyles and searching for new options to rely less on the f4 strings. Makes us all better players ;)
F4 isnt his only punishable string, I put up a couple posts ago all that he has left that is safe and its not very much and not very effective either. Unless somebody else has something revolutionary.

CD jr

Noob
lol ok you know what foxy is Right cage and Sonya rape jax.I just remembered why I don't post on threads like this one.have [MENTION=6624]Maxter[/MENTION] or[MENTION=278]Riu48[/MENTION] explain to you why the matchup is 5-5 I'm not gonna waste my time.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
lol ok you know what foxy is Right cage and Sonya rape jax.I just remembered why I don't post on threads like this one.have [MENTION=6624]Maxter[/MENTION] or[MENTION=278]Riu48[/MENTION] explain to you why the matchup is 5-5 I'm not gonna waste my time.
How can it be 5-5? Cage is better up close than Jax, as well as being better at mid range too, he has worse zoning but Jax's zoning is no way to keep Cage out.

Sonya beats Jax anywhere on the screen since that any move she makes she can technically get a mixup shes too fast and damaging. and the fact that Sonya can divekick him for any variant of F4, if she lands it on him while hes grounded hes gonna lose at least 46% of his life just for touching her.

I just wanna know why you think its 5-5. I might have an answer for it I might not. But right now with everything we are aware of with Jax it seems like he shouldnt stand a chance against either of them.

I wouldnt need to ask Maxter or Riu anything because I know what I've seen and I have played against Jax probably more times than either of them have. On top of that its not just them 2 characters that follow the same rule that fucks Jax up. If Jax cant use his best string whats he gonna be doing?

Death

Noob
Foxy has a point. I'm very curious as to why its 5-5 as well. I always assumed Jax wasn't that high of a tier. I just thought CDjr was just that good.