What's new

Tech - Jax Jax Midscreen Breakthrough

omooba

fear the moobs
I disagree spending a bar and missing 75% of you're combo damage due to inconsistencies in the combos doesn't balance the character out in anyway, just makes it so HW's has an easier time doing the midscreen than his other two variations.
ummm since when is 1,2,3 - runcancel - 1,1 - ex overhead -jax bnb easier

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
ummm since when is 1,2,3 - runcancel - 1,1 - ex overhead -jax bnb easier
2, F3 and 23 are easier to get the midscreen of because of where it leaves the opponent on hit, 12 being the easiest because on hit they don't move from there spot. Because the characters do not move (Or move very little) during the startup frames of the EX overhead dash they remain closer than say 11 for f21 because these strings on hit cause the opponent to stagger during the startup frames meaning you hit them further away leaving Jax a longer distance to run.

Just a suggestion: I have been getting it very consistently when I hit the run but DELAY the F21. Here's my inputs:

12 cancel into DDP Run...F21

I still do the run right when I see Jax flash during the DDP but I wait a tad bit before I hit F21. So I pretty much let him run a little before I hit the F21. It works very well for me so if you're still not hitting it try inputting the run and waiting a bit before hitting F21. From what I can tell when I do it this way it feels like I have a lot of time to hit the F21. Just a suggestion for people who are still having trouble getting it.

I could use any prophetic Jesus lines from the bible but...i dont wanna sound like a dick: THIS HAS BEEN KNOWN SINCE THE FIRST WEEK where alot of the jax players where experimenting on the timing ( @karaokelove ) and its not 10/10 combo like u make it sound just cuz u delay the run. U can simply also just instant run and delay the f2 and ull get same results just like @Undeadjim said the launching is inconsistent and theres no excuse in that other than limiting urself to 12 or 23 to get an 90% consistent launching.

Im always suprised when some1 post something that was already posted months ago in the general discussion, must be the lui kang syndrome.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Im always suprised when some1 post something that was already posted months ago in the general discussion, must be the lui kang syndrome.
Who wants to read through 40 pages of GENEREAL discussion?

If there's tech then I want a thread with a big bold title saying "THIS IS HOW TO LAND DIS COMBO CONSISTANTLY BRO".

I can't think of a reason not to.

haketh

Noob
Because stuff gets buried in General threads and no one wants to sift through all that garbage. Stuff liek this should get it's own thread.

Who wants to read through 40 pages of GENEREAL discussion?

If there's tech then I want a thread with a big bold title saying "THIS IS HOW TO LAND DIS COMBO CONSISTANTLY BRO".

I can't think of a reason not to.
Because stuff gets buried in General threads and no one wants to sift through all that garbage. Stuff liek this should get it's own thread.
there have been multiple threads specifically asking on how to land jax midscreen combo easier i remember even @EMPEROR_THEO asking..But well if another thread helps SO BE IT ,but i can't imagine how anyone could have been playing Jax without delaying f21 after the run or delaying the run after the dash punch.

Last edited:
there have been multiple threads specifically asking on how to land jax midscreen combo easier i remember even @EMPEROR_THEO asking..But well if another thread helps SO BE IT ,but i can't imagine how anyone could have been playing Jax without delaying f21 after the run or delaying the run after the dash punch.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to go over what's been confirmed already. The fact is I just started playing Jax and the first thing I do when I come on this board is to see if there is a topic on what I'm looking for and out of all the topics I looked through there were absolutely 0 topics on the combo itself that explained what the timing should be. I'm thankful TC made a topic on this otherwise I never would have gotten this down and I am not going through a bunch of pages on the Jax discussion topic just to find the one or two posts on it.

I'm not a good player at all and I don't claim to be and I'm sure there are gods at the game that roll their eyes every time a guy like me asks a question which to them seems simple but means the key to the world of mastering a character to me.

There's a lot of people like me out there that just aren't as good as you and maybe you should get the mods to create a 'professionals only' board where guys like you won't have to deal with 'simple' topics guys like us are posting.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to go over what's been confirmed already. The fact is I just started playing Jax and the first thing I do when I come on this board is to see if there is a topic on what I'm looking for and out of all the topics I looked through there were absolutely 0 topics on the combo itself that explained what the timing should be. I'm thankful TC made a topic on this otherwise I never would have gotten this down and I am not going through a bunch of pages on the Jax discussion topic just to find the one or two posts on it.

I'm not a good player at all and I don't claim to be and I'm sure there are gods at the game that roll their eyes every time a guy like me asks a question which to them seems simple but means the key to the world of mastering a character to me.

There's a lot of people like me out there that just aren't as good as you and maybe you should get the mods to create a 'professionals only' board where guys like you won't have to deal with 'simple' topics guys like us are posting.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/wheres-the-mid-screen-jax-combos-at.50167/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/having-problems-with-midscreen-combos-run.51984/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/jaxs-bnb-is-a-language-i-dont-speak.52816/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/tips-on-running-combos-pleeeeease.55401/

4 threads asking how to do hes basic BnB and even some i didnt include asking How to play jax in general, Jax doesnt have much tech to offer almost everything was found in the first month if not first 2 weeks. And everytime i check to see if theres something new its kinda irritating seeing new threads asking basic stuff that could be answered quickly in the general discussion thread. @karaokelove even made a Jax tutorial thread if i remember he even included a long ass tutorial video going through hes normals, specials and basic strategies( even if some are Pumped up specific there is not much difference btw hes variations) .

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-ultimate-pumped-up-guide.52241/

This is as detailed as it can be

I understand going through pages and pages is a pain in the ass but u can simply ask ur questions in there, which me and others would answer with no hesitations. In one of the first threads asking about Jaxs BnB some1 posted an video tutorial on how to land the run cancel. What im trying to say is if people just make Threads about stuff they find or what theyd like to know for every character it would look like clusterfuck Quan chi forum 2 months ago, tons of threads with similar information.

And just incase you dont wanna scroll and search :

http://testyourmight.com/threads/wheres-the-mid-screen-jax-combos-at.50167/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/having-problems-with-midscreen-combos-run.51984/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/jaxs-bnb-is-a-language-i-dont-speak.52816/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/tips-on-running-combos-pleeeeease.55401/

4 threads asking how to do hes basic BnB and even some i didnt include asking How to play jax in general, Jax doesnt have much tech to offer almost everything was found in the first month if not first 2 weeks. And everytime i check to see if theres something new its kinda irritating seeing new threads asking basic stuff that could be answered quickly in the general discussion thread. @karaokelove even made a Jax tutorial thread if i remember he even included a long ass tutorial video going through hes normals, specials and basic strategies( even if some are Pumped up specific there is not much difference btw hes variations) .

http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-ultimate-pumped-up-guide.52241/

This is as detailed as it can be

I understand going through pages and pages is a pain in the ass but u can simply ask ur questions in there, which me and others would answer with no hesitations. In one of the first threads asking about Jaxs BnB some1 posted an video tutorial on how to land the run cancel. What im trying to say is if people just make Threads about stuff they find or what theyd like to know for every character it would look like clusterfuck Quan chi forum 2 months ago, tons of threads with similar information.

And just incase you dont wanna scroll and search :
Out of all the links you mentioned I found one post that mentioned a delay when doing the combo and that was all the way back in May. Do you really expect someone like me to pour through all those posts just to find an answer that would be so much easier answered if I just made a new thread about it? I'm sorry but to look through all your links would have been a total waste of time compared to someone just creating a new thread about it.

Look, I'm not trying to argue with you but if I don't see the info I need I'm not gonna waste my time like that. It's a whole lot easier to just create a new thread rather than waste my time looking through each and every thread just so you won't feel annoyed. My time is valuable and I have much better things to do with my time than to sift through so many posts just to find the one answer I need.

If this is something that is a huge issue as you're making it out to be I'm sure the mods would have merged the threads by now.

Anyways, I don't want this to become a bigger issue than it is. Fact is regardless what you think if I don't find what I'm looking for I'll make a thread about even if it has been addressed in another thread already- I just don't feel like sifting through so many pages just to find it.

I don't recall the video you linked mentioning the delay, by the way.