What's new

Tech - Jax Jax Midscreen Breakthrough

Arzumis

Noob
So I was in the lab with Jax attempting his Midscreen stuff and failing as I always do when I landed it once and noticed something I did and now I get the f2 to connect every time after ex overhead dash push. It seems counterproductive and wierd but trust me it works...

DELAY THE RUN

I was always trying to run then f2 as soon as possible but that just won't work. If you delay the run just a bit the f2 will connect all the time.
Hopefully I've helped alot of people with this

Some video
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4B785856749EDF87!134&authkey=!AEOjhgQjqmGgmM8&ithint=video,mp4

Here it is being tested on Cassie Cage
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4B785856749EDF87!137&authkey=!AOxv2fRSPNB6Go8&ithint=video,mp4

The first attempts are not fails, they are to show what happens when you immediately run f2 then the second attempts are with the slight delay

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
if this is legitimately a break through I will cyber bow to you @Superman_Rz

Wish I was home I'd test it myself specifically vs girls because Im already consistent vs males.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I don't really see how timing the run so the F21 hits is a breakthrough, (The timing is there, it is just very difficult) the best advice I would give for the midscreen is use the easier starters when possible notably 12, F3 or 24 as it leaves them closer to Jax.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
The two kinds of pro player when some non-pro guy finds something before them.

I don't really see how timing the run so the F21 hits is a breakthrough, (The timing is there, it is just very difficult) the best advice I would give for the midscreen is use the easier starters when possible notably 12, F3 or 24 as it leaves them closer to Jax.

Mother of God. He is the Messiah they spoke of. The one to bring us to the next Level of Jax play. *Bows to you* Thank you great one without you we would all be lost.

Arzumis

Noob
With this method its not hard for me at all.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
With this method its not hard for me at all.
If you are fine with the timing that is sweet, @PND i2 Gaug3 plays Wrestler mostly so he has the timing down much better than me however because it is so tight and because the timing varies from string/normal/range of hit confirm that is where the problems lie given that there is very little room for error.

While i'm discussing the matter I'm going to suggest a change that me and @PND i2 Gaug3 have been discussing for Jax involving his midscreen combo and that is to change Jax's Ex overhead dash to a NJP like pop up. This might reduce his corner carry slightly but make hit confirming the midscreen in both Pumped Up and Wrestler consistent without having to take into account all the different variables and hit the desired execution based from these results. @colt

Edit: This would also reduce the characters stamina thirst considerably, currently HW requires two run cancels in order to combo effectively meaning that the characters choices of running to claim space in neutral or even breaking is often not an effective choice.

Last edited:

Arzumis

Noob
If you are fine with the timing that is sweet, @PND i2 Gaug3 plays Wrestler mostly so he has the timing down much better than me however because it is so tight and because the timing varies from string/normal/range of hit confirm that is where the problems lie given that there is very little room for error.

While i'm discussing the matter I'm going to suggest a change that me and @PND i2 Gaug3 have been discussing for Jax involving his midscreen combo and that is to change Jax's Ex overhead dash to a NJP like pop up. This might reduce his corner carry slightly but make hit confirming the midscreen in both Pumped Up and Wrestler consistent without having to take into account all the different variables and hit the desired execution based from these results. @colt
Id like to think that the execution it takes to play jax balances him out so im against this change to be honest.

omooba

fear the moobs
So I was in the lab with Jax attempting his Midscreen stuff and failing as I always do when I landed it once and noticed something I did and now I get the f2 to connect every time after ex overhead dash push. It seems counterproductive and wierd but trust me it works...

DELAY THE RUN

I was always trying to run then f2 as soon as possible but that just won't work. If you delay the run just a bit the f2 will connect all the time.
Hopefully I've helped alot of people with this

Some video
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4B785856749EDF87!134&authkey=!AEOjhgQjqmGgmM8&ithint=video,mp4

Here it is being tested on Cassie Cage
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4B785856749EDF87!137&authkey=!AOxv2fRSPNB6Go8&ithint=video,mp4

The first attempts are not fails, they are to show what happens when you immediately run f2 then the second attempts are with the slight delay
it works on cassie!!!!!!!!!! finally!!!!!! now all they need to fix is 1,1 on block and f2,1 on block against cassie

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Id like to think that the execution it takes to play jax balances him out so im against this change to be honest.
I disagree spending a bar and missing 75% of you're combo damage due to inconsistencies in the combos doesn't balance the character out in anyway, just makes it so HW's has an easier time doing the midscreen than his other two variations.