What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I dont understand why anyone would ever rocket cancel b2 when specials only come out on hit smh. Just input the oh dash punch! Everytime...
Ye but that is a meterless corner carry combo and if you cancelled before the patch you could also get more damage by cancelling b2

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
System changes kinda buffed Pumped up i think. Jax is still fine. Except for HW. May he rest in piece.
But wasn't the aim to balance all variations out so they were more or less equal and or some better for other match ups - atleast that's what I heard them say on stream. So they were talking about everyone apart from jax? Everyother characters variation is viable apart from HW jax?

I'm beginning to think that this is an oversight and something that wasn't tested because
- raiden only needs 1 cancel to do his midscreen bnb, which works fine with the stamina changes
-same with d'vorah
-same with pred
-Johnny can dash cancel and run cancel once.

HW jax on the other hand needs to run after his cancel because of his design. So anyone else beginning to think it's a bit odd that HW is singled out? If they tested it on all other cancel characters apart from jax they could have missed the fact that it doesn't work with jax.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I don't like the 1,1 nerf. With all the 6 frame pokes in the game as of the last patch, at least half the cast can challenge his pressure straight up and trade with a simple poke.

AFAIK, nobody really had a problem dealing with 1,1 unless they were so new to the game they didn't understand neutral ducking. Without armored mids, 1,1 pressure is now essentially useless. Seems like like a completely unnecessary nerf, IMO. Hurts the quality of the character without adding balance to the game.

Everything else they did I understand based on universal changes.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
But wasn't the aim to balance all variations out so they were more or less equal and or some better for other match ups - atleast that's what I heard them say on stream. So they were talking about everyone apart from jax? Everyother characters variation is viable apart from HW jax?

I'm beginning to think that this is an oversight and something that wasn't tested because
- raiden only needs 1 cancel to do his midscreen bnb, which works fine with the stamina changes
-same with d'vorah
-same with pred
-Johnny can dash cancel and run cancel once.

HW jax on the other hand needs to run after his cancel because of his design. So anyone else beginning to think it's a bit odd that HW is singled out? If they tested it on all other cancel characters apart from jax they could have missed the fact that it doesn't work with jax.
Not all variations are still good. Blood god and sun god got hit harder than war god. Leatherface is still shit. Tarkatan may of been hurt more. Fistibuffs still isn't the greatest. Alist got hit hard. Swarm queen. Etc. They may not of realized that jax uses 2 runs in his Bnbs for HW's. Its whatever. Just have to learn how to like 3b2 now if you want a mid screen combo

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Not all variations are still good. Blood god and sun god got hit harder than war god. Leatherface is still shit. Tarkatan may of been hurt more. Fistibuffs still isn't the greatest. Alist got hit hard. Swarm queen. Etc. They may not of realized that jax uses 2 runs in his Bnbs for HW's. Its whatever. Just have to learn how to like 3b2 now if you want a mid screen combo
Ye i think sungod is fine in my opinion especially seeing what they did to his b34.
Its not about learning to deal with 3b2 is confirming that it isnt an oversight and an error on their end and its not actually meant to be like that is my argument.

Ye i think sungod is fine in my opinion especially seeing what they did to his b34.
Its not about learning to deal with 3b2 is confirming that it isnt an oversight and an error on their end and its not actually meant to be like that is my argument.
did you report this bug ?

And i need to press 4 buttons like an idiot to do it? Its better if they give us requierment to do 4 or 5 slams in match and then last hit must be mb cg snd brut comes
I'm with you AcMilan91,I can't get that brutal even in practice let alone in online match,it's fucking trollololo move from some virgin NRS smartypants.Shame,its fucking sweet brutal,it should be hard to pull off but not like this.Something like you proposed is way more acceptable,plus,it will force the player to play Jax in his natural grapler mode..Damn your bones NRS (sry,I love you,just kidding,pls forgive me sifu)

Last edited:

Belial

Noob
Stamina loss is not a bug, its just how it works for everyone and there is no way to fix it without changing game system which in turn will enable everyone els to RC 2 times, which you couldnt possibly wish for.

You can still combo off b32 or just get smaller combos midscreen. Imho you just have to bear with Jax changes, like everyone else has.

Anyway until they fix his dashpunch there is no reason to play him

Tweedy

Noob
Sun God actually came out ahead I think. B32 mind games are better for him than B1 in a lot of ways. B32 into either a command grab or guaranteed poke, if you land the poke go into 114 or command grab, you can do 1 into command grab, command grab or D1 after 114 air grab. A lot of options without any launching armor to just OS him.

He deals with zoning better than War God, and retained some armor. Trash can god looking pretty decent finally imo.

EmperorP

THE BRIGGZ
dud it doesn't matter wether u got 3-10 time fack the frames on that that. the thing is that it's not consistent in a match period

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Stamina loss is not a bug, its just how it works for everyone and there is no way to fix it without changing game system which in turn will enable everyone els to RC 2 times, which you couldnt possibly wish for.

You can still combo off b32 or just get smaller combos midscreen. Imho you just have to bear with Jax changes, like everyone else has.

Anyway until they fix his dashpunch there is no reason to play him
Who said stamina loss was a bug? the error i am referring to is ( i think) an oversight - something that wasn't tested as it seems it wasn't the only thing that wasn't tested. The only way we can report it tho is using the report bug section on the NRS website. I know even tho' you're not directly replying to me (don't get why people do that) your responding to what i said.

So in-case you didn't read what i said earlier ill put it in context so you realise that blurting out a backhanded statement without understanding what the point is = unhelpful.
Jax has had an issue with f21 from MKX day 1 - it wasn't consistent to exOHP RUN and connect f21. In-fact on some female characters it just wasn't do-able due to the hitbox/hurtbox issues.

Well jax got patched and they eventually fixed both his f21 hitbox and female hurtboxes. Fast forward to today and the new stamina update is fine. However due to jax's design every other cancel character can still hit their midscreen 1 bars because they don't need to run after they cancel because the opponent is still close enough to connect a string - for example raiden.
But for jax this is completely different (based on the characters design). exOHP pushes them too far. Resulting in an issue that would only be present if jax wasn't tested because his stamina bar usage is different to all other cancel characters - mainly that he needs a whole bar or 3/4 to be precise to do just '1 cancel' 1 bar combo.

If NRS were perfect we wouldn't need a patch after day 1 mkx but they aren't because 'human error'. So until they confirm that this is in-fact what they intended then no im not just going to "bear with".

Think about your flawed way of thinking tho - i have been given this...so i am just going to accept it. Hmm that's like saying in 1505 america - oh well slavery is now legal by law so lets all just get used to it and accept it no need to think anymore lets all just bend over and take whatever D we are given. SMH

But for jax this is completely different (based on the characters design). exOHP pushes them too far.
possible solution is to change downward dash fist (coz its bugged anyway), make its bounce closer and higher, to give jax an ability to connect f2,1 without runcancel and stamina