What's new

Jax and Kitana revealed in MK11

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Did Jax not look very black in MKX? Honest question. That was my favorite design for him. This one is... gonna take a bit of getting used to, at least.
He still has his MKX costume I think. Watch the other Jax during the Gotcha Grab. You can see the American flag tied around his arm just like MKX

Reactions: Zev
I mean... they're swimsuits. 'Elevated' in the sense that this looks like actual clothing lol
Showing kleavage and thigh mean swimsuits? Kotal's wearing a loincloth, Shao Kahn and Geras are bare-chested if not mostly unclothed. It's okay for women to show some skin. Doesn't mean I'm jacking off to it. Just looks like an aesthetically kool kostume.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Showing kleavage and thigh mean swimsuits? Kotal's wearing a loincloth, Shao Kahn and Geras are bare-chested if not mostly unclothed. It's okay for women to show some skin. Doesn't mean I'm jacking off to it. Just looks like an aesthetically kool kostume.
I loved Kitana's MKX costume, which also showed a lot of skin. I'm not complaining about skin at all, but the 90s costumes are literally just leotards with thigh boots and I think the newer designs are more complex and interesting.

Lokheit

Noob
The fact that Jax has metallic arms in his past version is actually a huge deal in terms of figuring out where exactly these past characters are coming from.

In the new timeline, Jax got metallic arms between MK2 and MK3. Makes sense. But by then, Kung Lao was already killed by Shao Kahn. And yet we also have past Kung Lao.

So I think we now have conclusive proof that either these past characters are coming back from the ORIGINAL MK2/3 timeline, NOT the new timeline's MK2/3... or they're all coming from completely different points in time (and maybe even different timelines).
Jax, Sonya and Johnny are summoned at a different time. Notice how their sandnado happens inside the special forces base rather than the colisseum. It looks like at some point the good guys will figure out how to summon their past selves.

Maybe the blue vials that Geras holds when fighting Liu Kang and Kung Lao and we've seen them and also Kronika holding at different points are related to the good guys being able to summon past versions as reinforcements.

Also interesting how Old Sonya is missing from all those scenes, only Cassie interacts with Young Sonya so it might be true that Sonya is killed in the first chapter.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Honestly

What a fantastic Trailer

It looks like we about to have some very interesting clashes

Also, Jax looks amazing in both past and present design.

Liu Kang`s and Kung Lao`s fatalties are Very cool (Especially Liu)

Again, they are not showing much of Kitana

NRS has something big planned for her tbh.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sorry to be clear they said there won't be NPC fights like Rain/Sindel in MKX. Its theoretically possible that Reptile/Ermac show up randomly, but it just seems so unlikely to me.

And I think you need to prepare yourself for the fact that Fujin is not playable in this unless he's DLC.
Yeah I know Fujin isn't in the main roster, just saying he should be(hopefully) in the story and DLC he's probably number 1 on the demand list honestly. lol Oh ok so fights ok, thought you meant something else. Guess we'll have to see in the storymode and DLC to see who else will be available.

They said there wont be fightable NPC's that are actual previously playable mortal kombat characters. I'm sure generic npcs could still be a thing. There for sure will be cameos.

Also i think we arn't seeing any cameos in any of these trailers, because they don't want people to get the wrong impression like we did with Rain in MKX. when he kicked Kotal off the building in the trailer, everyone thought he'd be playable. so i'm assuming they are trying to avoid that and we wont see cameo's until we actually play the game.
Ok right, I remember that now with the not fighting any NPC's this time. Was about to say when did they say no NPC's in general lol. Yeah that's a good point, I think it's safe to say this time if we don't see NPC's in story mode or even if we do, only time will tell if they're DLC or not down the line.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Kitana *finally* looks Asian.

Awesome trailer. But …

but …

BUT!

I *NEED* to have a robot ninja. God-DAMN, the design of the robot 'mook' fodder type is simply awesome. Holy $%*T. Their helmets is the epitome of badass. Please, NRS - have them as fodder enemies in the story mode or any other mode, they look awesome!
Kitana has never been Asian or depicted as such, though? Not sure where people are getting the idea that the daughter of Sindel and JERROD is Asian. I can’t demember a single instance where Kitana wasn’t doe-eyed and blatantly Mediterranean or Middle Eastern in appearance.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Kitana has never been Asian or depicted as such, though? Not sure where people are getting the idea that the daughter of Sindel and JERROD is Asian. I can’t demember a single instance where Kitana wasn’t doe-eyed and blatantly Mediterranean or Middle Eastern in appearance.
Kitana, Tanya, and Jade have changed ethnicities multiple times.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Honestly

What a fantastic Trailer

It looks like we about to have some very interesting clashes

Also, Jax looks amazing in both past and present design.

Liu Kang`s and Kung Lao`s fatalties are Very cool (Especially Liu)

Again, they are not showing much of Kitana

NRS has something big planned for her tbh.
I’m almost positive that dragon is his fatal blow.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I think they're summoning Sonya, Jax, Kitana, Liu Kang (I'm not sure tho) and Kano from MK3/UMK3.
Kung Lao from MK2.
Scorpion and Sub-Zero from MK1 (they're on the Nethership)

Not sure about past Raiden. He looks closer to MK2 Raiden.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I just shared a prominent example of them portraying Kitana as Asian on the previous page lol

Kitana's race has never been consistent. She's been Latina, Asian, and/or vaguely Middle Eastern depending on the era. Her original name early in the design phase was Kitsune, which is Japanese. They can do whatever they want imo!

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
If Old Man Jax is on Kronika's side, it makes me wonder if he might be some how related to Geras, in some sort of Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey way. Now, I don't think that Geras is Jax, but like what if the Geras golem model line has Jax as a sort of template?