What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Machete, Grappler, and Phantom/Demon Mother variant.

Machete - gets machete based projectiles, does more damage with Machete based attacks.

Grappler - Keeps machete, but has more normal moves/grapple based attacks to keep them close for the gut and kill.

Phantom/Demon Mother Ghost Shit - gains spirit based attacks where he summons momma to harass the player as a distraction while he goes in for the rushdown.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The only variation I want to speculate is
Horror Trope: makes the opponent trip every 5 seconds. Special move stops a run instantly. Limits mobility in general.
2nd variation: Inescapable.

"Any time the opponent is farther than mid screen Jason has access to a 1 frame start up and recovery teleport. With this move he instantly appears behind the opponent when they get too far, and the teleport always lands behind the opponent for instant pressure".

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I see jason being a grappler with his command grab being consistent thru all 3 variations.

1: Slow walk, armored move that brings him forward. Move that plants enemy to ground, allowing command grab okizeme or combo

2: faster walk speed, granted overhead special that causes juggle. as well as low special that causes hard knockdown. Offensive playstyle

3: walk speed matches rest of cast. Granted projectile with 3 different speeds to control neutral in his favor.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I expect some teleports, hopefully in a grappler variation.

Also, he used a crossbow/spear in Jason part 3, so there's some zoning variation there,

I think he has good potential to be an anti-zoner with hella armor and grappler in different variations.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
V1 - Classic Machete: Pretty simple, he has a machete, much like Scorpions Ninjitsu variation. Extends range and damage on every attack.

V2 - Juggernaut: He gains command grabs and armor on all of them. Has a special that costs 2 bars and gives him Lex's trait from Injustice where he has armor. The armor lasts until you hit him twice, it has no time limit.

V3 - Jason X: Has a smaller Machete with less range than Classic, but is quicker. He has a life gain special that lasts for 10 seconds where every hit he gains a certain % of his health back.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Hes going to be bad ass. I just got done in a nother post saying do you really not trust NRS to do him right? People saying dumb stuff like oh all hes gonna do is walk slow and swing a machete. Does that sound like NRS or MKX? No, he will have crazy cool stuff, awesome fatalities, he will be a blast. Jason is cool as fuck yall arer acting like hes some joke. The dudes a baller and couldnt think of anyone better for this game besides predator who we are also getting.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Hes going to be bad ass. I just got done in a nother post saying do you really not trust NRS to do him right? People saying dumb stuff like oh all hes gonna do is walk slow and swing a machete. Does that sound like NRS or MKX? No, he will have crazy cool stuff, awesome fatalities, he will be a blast. Jason is cool as fuck yall arer acting like hes some joke. The dudes a baller and couldnt think of anyone better for this game besides predator who we are also getting.
Damn straight man. All of us Jason mains are going to put in work and wreck shit. Jason is a stone cold killer bad ass who's a fkin beast.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Only way he'd work for me is if at least one of his variations has him as the Hugo of strikes. Just this big slow lumbering character who has a bitch of a time getting in, but once he does... high damage unblockable knife swipes. Like a grappler's grappler, just minus the grapples. Na'mean?

Montanx

Awesome ideas in this thread and ill bet they arent too far off.
The only variation I want to speculate is
Horror Trope: makes the opponent trip every 5 seconds. Special move stops a run instantly. Limits mobility in general.
I know this is a joke but you may not be too far off. you can bet the devs thought long about integrating stuff like this in and I wouldnt be surprised if something was in there.

Montanx

I can see him being the master of armor in this game. Playing off that unstoppable zombie sort of trait. Maybe just for a variation, but he could have a ton of armored moves, even non meters.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If anyone has "Lex trait" in a variation it would be Jason. I also expect him to have something similar to walking corpse. Or a Bane variation where all his specials have armor.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
He might even bust out his bow/harpoon in one of his variations. He's always killing people from long range in his movies. He's not just a master of the machete.

Considering he is creepy and scary as hell, they should be smart an implement it into his fight style and game play... Can i just say since i saw the official reveal for him, i can't wait for his fatality!!!!

variations:

maybe for one he could have a move (like grundys swamp hands) where something grabs you from beneath and he creepily walks towards you with an enlarged machete (part of the variation, enhanced machete) before starting a vortex lol... batgirl :)

another variation he has a parry and command grabs

and a final variation he gains a new, additional weapon, maybe a hooked chain that latches onto you from a certain range.

Status
Not open for further replies.