What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skate Bravo

Music Producer | Xbl - Skate Bravo
Am i the only one in th US who downloaded jason/horror pack already on xbox one? i can't get jason to show up tho but i'll keep trying

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Holy shit, that was amazing.

I just streamed Jason in practice/towers, and trolled saying that I had all the DLC characters already because I was Ed Boon's cousin and he gave me early access, and Animality DLC was on the way but it hadn't been announced yet.

SO many people bought it and started getting hostile, demanding I show Predator gameplay NAO.

I thought it was obvious that I was trolling, but everyone was asking for it and I got like 700 viewers. Never even streamed before in my life. Oh my God, that was gold.

So I just installed the Horror Pack and Jason. I can access and use the Horror Pack skins but not Jason.

This is quite annoying.

On the subject of Jason himself, this dude is safe/relatively safe on a LOT of stuff.
Thanks, can you tell me more about the f4,2 string ? I saw it on the stream today and it looks good. Is it safe when the opponent blocks it ? whats the startup frames ?

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Thanks, can you tell me more about the f4,2 string ? I saw it on the stream today and it looks good. Is it safe when the opponent blocks it ? whats the startup frames ?
He can get some pretty easy combos off it. Start-up is 17 frames, it's -11 on block.

Hello all,

After seeing the early thread about the PS4, I decided to try my hand at getting it to work on the Xbox One as well. These are the steps that I took in order to play as Jason right now in the US. They are very similar to the PS4 method, just how to cause application pend is different on the Xbox One. I've restated those steps so that everything is together for Xbox users:

Step 1: Press Y from the main menu of MKX to access the online store.
Step 2: Select the Kombat Pack Item, follow prompts through to install.
Step 3: In the games and app window, you should see two items to install, Jason V. and the new costume pack. Install them--mine I had to try a couple times to get them both to work.
Step 4: Go back into MKX and select a mode where there is a return to character select option if you pause (I used practice mode, but I think others will work fine as well)
Step 5: Select both characters and variations and pick a stage.
Step 6: Once the match begins to load or when the match loads (makes no difference), soft turn off your Xbox One--do not hold the button for a hard reset, simply tap it once.
Step 7: Turn Xbox Back on after a few seconds and select the active window, which should be MKX.
Step 8: Return to character select screen. Jason should now be available to select.

Notes: Leaving practice mode will take Jason away. Also, if at step 6 it loads the game from scratch (you have to load the game and come to the main menu rather than going back to where you were when you shut off the system), you'll need to restart from step 4.

Also, if you return to character select, you'll need to restart from Step 4. If you want to change variations with Jason, do it from the in game menu within practice mode. Simply hit Start and select practice options, then scroll down to Player 1 variations. If you change it there, you can do so without restarting from step 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.