What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

An explanation of what enhancing it does in-game would be splendid. I mean, what's the point of doing it if there's no change? -_-

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
This is kind of useless because it doesn't tick throw but it's information regardless:

His standing 4 is listed as a high yet it hits mid. I tested on a crouch blocking Mileena and it gets her every time, unfortunately when she lets go of block it whiffs :p

This is kind of useless because it doesn't tick throw but it's information regardless:

His standing 4 is listed as a high yet it hits mid. I tested on a crouch blocking Mileena and it gets her every time, unfortunately when she lets go of block it whiffs :p
Isn't that how high attacks work in this game?

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
high attacks actually hit on block, it's something that seems to be intentional (I believe cybernetic kano counts on this). There are just certain low block animations who defy some moves

Last edited:

volkmair

Noob
As much as I like Jason's design with Killing Machine, Pursuit and the Resurection, it feels like NetherRealm were too conservative in trying to balance these and basically crippled them. I can see them being very hard mechanics to balance and not be overpowered but his core design mechanics shouldn't be a liability for him.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
As much as I like Jason's design with Killing Machine, Pursuit and the Resurection, it feels like NetherRealm were too conservative in trying to balance these and basically crippled them. I can see them being very hard mechanics to balance and not be overpowered but his core design mechanics shouldn't be a liability for him.
Killing Machine should either last longer or the nap on cool-down should be slightly shortened. The recovery on Pursuit should be slightly shortened. I actually don't think there is anything wrong with the way Resurrection works.

This character just has loads of problems. Do we know how many chars b12 completely wiffs on ahile crouching when not in slasher? I mean its mid mid but hey whatever, fuck it why not wiff on neutral crouch. I was playing around with relentless and this got my tore up pretty bad

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This character just has loads of problems. Do we know how many chars b12 completely wiffs on ahile crouching when not in slasher? I mean its mid mid but hey whatever, fuck it why not wiff on neutral crouch. I was playing around with relentless and this got my tore up pretty bad
The biggest problem is all his specials can be low profiled. It really sucks when you burn meter on choke and they d3/d4 right under it. Not to mention all the strings and specials that are immune to his armored command grabs.

The biggest problem is all his specials can be low profiled. It really sucks when you burn meter on choke and they d3/d4 right under it. Not to mention all the strings and specials that are immune to his armored command grabs.
Yeah i noticed when fighting scorpion and cassie for sure that point blank b12 would totally wiff on crouch.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
I play Jason more than any other character and i love it, but i feel that Jason in general cannot compete with several characters due to his lack of tools to escape pressure. I will play Jason forever as my main but it is so frustrating to expect the other person mistake

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Totally agree. This is his single biggest issue. Also, the command grab problem is one that hurts all command grabs in this game. There are just far too many moves that are grab immune.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Jason doesn't have a ton of tools, but his damage potential is just ridiculous.

You're not going to win any tourneys with him, but he's great at fulfilling his role as MKX's online troll.

When you beat players with him online, its a safe bet that half of them turn off their systems and go do something else for a while.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Jason doesn't have a ton of tools, but his damage potential is just ridiculous.

You're not going to win any tourneys with him, but he's great at fulfilling his role as MKX's online troll.

When you beat players with him online, its a safe bet that half of them turn off their systems and go do something else for a while.
To your point . . . I have easily gotten the most quitalities with Jason. And yeah, his damage is orgasmic.

I have no idea why NRS can't make a game with good grapplers. The mechanics of the game fuck grappling
Erron Black. Bane.

But I do agree Jason is a good character but still has his flaws. I say he should get a faster D1 to counter poke. In relentless/unstoppable his B122 has to stop whiffing and dropping mid combo, pursuit having less recovery frames, and for slasher have BF2 advance a bit more so a spaced F2~BF2 doesn't drop constantly. Other than that he'll be fine.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Erron Black. Bane.

But I do agree Jason is a good character but still has his flaws. I say he should get a faster D1 to counter poke. In relentless/unstoppable his B122 has to stop whiffing and dropping mid combo, pursuit having less recovery frames, and for slasher have BF2 advance a bit more so a spaced F2~BF2 doesn't drop constantly. Other than that he'll be fine.
those are characters with command grabs, not full blown grapplers

I mean like zangief style

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Erron Black. Bane.

I think Slasher is fine, for the most part. Barring a slight buff to Killing Machine (I'd probably make it slightly longer), I wouldn't do much with that variation. However, I think both Relentless and Unstoppable could use some help. I like your idea of giving him a faster D1.

The three changes I would make for Relentless are:

1) Fix all whiff issues with B122

2) Make F2 an overhead

3) Slightly decrease the recovery frames on Pursuit. (So that, you know, we could actually use it sometimes)

The three changes I would make for Unstoppable are:

2) Make F2 an overhead

3) Give him Killing Machine

E

Eldriken

I think Slasher is fine, for the most part. Barring a slight buff to Killing Machine (I'd probably make it slightly longer), I wouldn't do much with that variation. However, I think both Relentless and Unstoppable could use some help. I like your idea of giving him a faster D1.

The three changes I would make for Relentless are:

2) Make F2 an overhead

3) Slightly decrease the recovery frames on Pursuit. (So that, you know, we could actually use it sometimes)

The three changes I would make for Unstoppable are:

2) Make F2 an overhead

3) Give him Killing Machine
I don't think f2 would work as an overhead unless they change its stun properties. I'd rather it be a mid since it can be used as a tick throw. Remove the stun from it but change it to a mid.

I also agree with b122. I also wish you could cancel off of it. >_<

I also agree on your suggested Pursuit change. It takes waaaay too long to activate. Remove the pointing animation so you're able to do something as soon as the screen turns red.

His command grabs should also not be able to be low profiled. Change his dbf1 command grab so it doesn't whiff on EVERYTHING as well.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I don't think f2 would work as an overhead unless they change its stun properties. I'd rather it be a mid since it can be used as a tick throw. Remove the stun from it but change it to a mid.

I also agree with b122. I also wish you could cancel off of it. >_<

I also agree on your suggested Pursuit change. It takes waaaay too long to activate. Remove the pointing animation so you're able to do something as soon as the screen turns red.
I'd be cool with it being a mid. That would be great.

Also, I really don't understand why Relentless gets Killing Machine and Unstoppable doesn't.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
I think Unstoppable is better than Relentless. The pursuit is usefull and the teleport is very unsafe. I prefer the damage boost and the resurrection feature