What's new

Jaqui is cancer and needs to be banned

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Also who is Jackie? I only know a Jacqui, maybe Jackie is a new character?

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
I wonder what race a well written black character like Jax's kid would be if he had one biologically...

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
People running around saying Jacqui is Jax with hands...
Meanwhile Cassie is LITERALLY just Sonya and Johnny, but we'll apparently overlook that because she's yt.
Like, seriously, people behave like a character being OP in an NRS game for a long time has never happened before. And they act like just because for the first time ever in an NRS game, said character is a black woman, that somehow, NRS must be going "woke". Some of y'all really need other shit to do because creating thread after thread complaining about a video game character is so lame.

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
@Szkarad that was racist af to say that about Jacqui. And then you tried to soften it up by first saying "I don't mind a well written black character". But in the very next sentence, you used race to completely discredit the character. You're the only one on this thread that used her ethnicity to talk about her relevancy. Yeah, let's go ahead and bash the only black girl in the game huh?

It would've been fine if you just said you don't see how she fits in the story. But the fact that you threw race into it, makes you look like a scumbag.

Gaxkang

Banned
Meanwhile Cassie is LITERALLY just Sonya and Johnny, but we'll apparently overlook that because she's yt.
Like, seriously, people behave like a character being OP in an NRS game for a long time has never happened before. And they act like just because for the first time ever in an NRS game, said character is a black woman, that somehow, NRS must be going "woke". Some of y'all really need other shit to do because creating thread after thread complaining about a video game character is so lame.
I can't see any woke angle for Jacqui being favored....the better explanation is simply NRS' attempt at making a character with no projectiles meant to be strong in close up fighting and whether they came up short. After her stint in MKX where she was known for her projectile.
People can have trouble with Jax up close too...but Jacqui is more difficult.

Of course they gave her a very fast dashing punch with a massive krushing blow for the "intricate" skill of hitting someone with it from max range (heh). And originally it was even safe.
It basically is a projectile.

And then the jump she has.

In IJ2 their attempts at this sort of character included armor, or a full screen stunning/comboing.

@Dil-Dog

I can understand your frustration, the furious state you get into when you go against Jacqui, and whenever you attempt to push buttons, she shuts you down. You block - you die, you try to counter-attack - you die quicker.

I agree with you, that there might be more players frustrated, but if look at the forum, there arent many threads like yours. You know why, because having hard matchups, isn't the reason to do such drama. This is not the way to go. In fighting games, there are always characters that are super strong, and in hands of good player, they may seem to be impossible to overcome. Now, I could go over all the well-known titles, but for the sake of argument, I will focus on Mortal Kombat series.

In MK9, you had Kabal, Cyrax, Sonya, Kenshi -going against those without understanding the MU, was suicide.
In MKX you had Smoke, Kano, Hellfire Scorpion, HQT Predator, Millena and few more - same scenario.
Trust me, back then you would smash your controller in a week. Judging by your approach, you are a newbie. You had some success in MK11, dealing with most of the cast is somewhat manageable, and you come across Jacqui, and your cooked brain flip. Believe me, Jacqui will not be the only one, that will annoy the shi@t out of you.

Believe me when say this, the game has been toned down - think of MK11, like a bicycle with supporting wheels attached to the rear wheels, so that you may have it easy. This approach will get you nowhere. Jacqui will still hunt you down. If she ever gets touched, I bet my money, she will still dominate you.

I suggest sharing your gameplay against her in your character forum section, and request support/overview your matches, and provide guidelines. You will have to lab certain things alone, or ask someone to help you deal with certain things. This will require you to know her frame data - not entire, but you gotta know, when you should hold block, and when you can press buttons, and if so, what buttons. You will have to work on your reflexes because she has a minimal frame disadvantage on her pokes/staggers. You will have to understand and learn how to apply certain tactics, like whiff punishing, you will have to learn how to bait. You will have to understand her meta, in order to successfully deal with her offense. Without that knowledge, you will not be able to defend yourself.

Now because the game is designed as "casual friendly" and that's how you have been playing the game, making that step forward will be difficult. You will also have to know your character inside out, in order to take advantage of everything above. That requires much more than playing KL, and learning combos. This is stepping into the competitive level of play.

I assume you are young if you have sympathy for the game, and you desire to play good, be a decent player, you gotta do this. Its like stepping into the real world. You gotta suck it up, grow balls, and make that move.

There isnt shortcuts here. Its not like when you finish college and your folks get you a car, and a flat, and the only thing you gotta worry about is getting a job - you get my point? Give it a shot, if after two-three months you will still get your butt whooped, perhaps you should consider playing something else, like MMRPG, or COD, I dont know.

Look, we were not born good players. It takes months, years to play properly. There are some decent folks here, who are willing to help you, if you are willing to learn, and have what it takes. This current thread of yours is nothing more than entertainment to those who are taking a dump. Instead of desperately wasting your time and energy on this bs, hit the lab, start to work on your skills, and with time and patience, it will be easier.

Good luck kid!
I dont know who you think your talking to. You MAY (by looks) be older than me but I could be your dad you stupid fat fuck... married, kids, and my own buisnesses. The only kid here is you, you already commented earlier and got your dumb point across yet you come back here AGAIN to type this cringe ass comment longer then the bible. You gotta be a loser looking for attention or somthing... idk but get life.

Last edited:

Jbog

Noob
This game has about 5 characters that play mkx not mk 11 play online you will know who they are jaquie is one of um. Pokes in this game are a cancer and the million high attacks are just ridiculous. Top 5 sub Jacquie centron Lui what they all have in common oh a 50 50 or a super fast mid wow add online lag its unbeatable with a decent player add in easy dummy crushing blow combos done. Put in dash block not idiot wavedash which is unreliable online and give every character a good mid starter this would be a legit great game. Fix the game u have instead of just putting in more characters with the games holes fixed in their base moves

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I feel like I've said this before, but if she were to get nerfed to hell I cannot wait to see what the next character is we complain about. Seriously, I hope she does get nerfed, I'm tired of the same character getting the hate. NRS please, buff someone else to S complain tier!!!

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
I dont know who you think your talking to. You MAY (by looks) be older than me but I could be your dad you stupid fat fuck... married, kids, and my own buisnesses. The only kid here is you, you already commented earlier and got your dumb point across yet you come back here AGAIN to type this cringe ass comment longer then the bible. You gotta be a loser looking for attention or somthing... idk but get life.
This is a video game, sis...

Parasurama

Dragon
I can’t believe this thread is now about Jacqui as a character now. In MKX she just Jax’s daughter, Cassie’s friend and Takeda’s crush (and people said she is poorly written then- I was indifferent) but in this game she had her own story line and I don’t get what makes Jax better written than her in MK 11 besides that he is male and has legacy.
Jax’s story in MK 11 doesn’t have a basis without her too.

Dude, just forget it. This site is filled, embedded with fan boys...no matter the argument, no matter shit....it is always your fault and nrs and wb are perfection on earth.

The thing about Jaccqui is that....it is not even fun to fight her. Everytime it feels like there is one person trying to think there, and the other one flying over the screen and the game is ok with a human being pressing shit without any risk.
The risk is with the defender....this is the slogan of the game by the way:

MORTAL KOMBAT 11 ULTIMATE: THE RISK IS WITH THE DEFENDER

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Tbf I think everyone thought they made the 2 female kombat kids boring af in MKX. I think takeda as a female would have been cooler.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Tbf I think everyone thought they made the 2 female kombat kids boring af in MKX. I think takeda as a female would have been cooler.
Takeda was easily my favorite of the Kombat Kids, but I honestly didn't care much for Kung Jin at all. Takeda was the only one of the Kombat Kids I played a lot - I played Jacqui a decent amount, same for Cassie - but I didn't much like Kung Jin at all, and as characters, they ALL left more to be desired. Were it not for the comics, I wouldn't like Takeda at all.
However, all of them at least had distinct and interesting looks, save Jacqui. She looked like your typical army grunt until they gave her the Cybernetic costume, and she didn't really do anything in her gameplay that was particularly interesting or new to MK. I feel that MK11 completely fixed all of those things for her, though. I think she looks amazing in all of her outfits, even my least favorite ones, and she's really fun to play. I feel she's one of the best improved from MKX and MK11, and I went from rarely playing her to playing her a fair bit. But if you disgree... that's fine. But don't bash said character and claim she's horrible and attack her in all sorts of ways like that.