What's new

Breakthrough Jade's toasty boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
How about we find it? Everyone should take a bunch of commands and check if they work.

EDIT:
Checked:
fff, ffb, ffd, fdf, fdd, fdb, fbf, fbd, fbb (+1/2/3/4)
ffu, fuu (+3)
ddd, ddf, ddb, dbf, ddd, dbb, dfd, dff, dfb, dbd (+1/2/3/4)
ddu (+1/2/3/4/R1/L1), dud, duu, dfu, dbu, duf, dub (+3)
bbf, bff, bdb, bdf, bfb, bbb, bbd, bfd, bdd (+1/2/3/4)
bbu, bub, buf, bud, bdu, bfu, buu (+3)
uuu, ufd (+3/4), uud (+1/2/3/4), ubd, uuf, uub, udu, ufu, ubu, uff, ubb, ufb, udb, ubf, udf (+3)
ddfd, bdbb (+4), uudf (+3)

I'm adding as inputs are checked.

DBD3
Credits to JAP. Thanks man.

Goldi

Noob
This is not a productive area of discussion.

Please keep the subject on the OP; Jade and the toasty boost. Find another thread to share your personal opinions of the character.

Only warning before I start modding. Contribute something productive or say nothing at all. Thank you.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I might as well try to help you guys although I'm a little unfamiliar with how it works. Do I just try random inputs similiar to special move inputs after hearing "Toasty!" or is there some kind of trick to it other than that? Also does she have any other move that sometimes triggers Toasty? I have heard it after a B121 with Kabal but I don't know if Jade has a normal or string that can trigger it.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I might as well try to help you guys although I'm a little unfamiliar with how it works. Do I just try random inputs similiar to special move inputs after hearing "Toasty!" or is there some kind of trick to it other than that? Also does she have any other move that sometimes triggers Toasty? I have heard it after a B121 with Kabal but I don't know if Jade has a normal or string that can trigger it.
You just uppercut and input the command in an interval of 3 seconds. You can also input more than one if you're fast enough.
If you want to help try these ddd, dfd, dff, dfb, dbd, dbb in combination with all 4 attack buttons.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
You just uppercut and input the command in an interval of 3 seconds. You can also input more than one if you're fast enough.
If you want to help try these ddd, dfd, dff, dfb, dbd, dbb in combination with all 4 attack buttons.
Would you like me to test dbf as well or did you leave that one out because you have already tested it?

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Well I just went 2 games of best of 5 rounds 2v2 with quick uppercut recovery and did nothing but uppercuts on both player 1 and 2, AND kept my meter empty just in case Dan won't come up if it's full... and still didn't get him even once! This may take longer than I expected =[

Well I just went 2 games of best of 5 rounds 2v2 with quick uppercut recovery and did nothing but uppercuts on both player 1 and 2, AND kept my meter empty just in case Dan won't come up if it's full... and still didn't get him even once! This may take longer than I expected =[
he does come up with full meter

you can get the toasty boost with full meter but it doesn't do anything

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I have to start getting ready for work. I have ddd and dfd tested and didn't find it. I may retest them since the first few there is a chance i was slow simply because i'm not used to trying for it.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
So far I've tried all forward commands except fbb. There are still backward commands to try out except bbf, bff, bdb and bdf, I've tried these.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Wanna see a cool thing? Flash or glow and do a fast recovering uppercut right after.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So far I've tried all forward commands except fbb. There are still backward commands to try out except bbf, bff, bdb and bdf, I've tried these.
So have you done FBB or not? The OP shows that you have but this post is newer.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Updated OP with more checked inputs. The most obvious ddd3 and the one that was supposed to be the ONE ddu3 don't work.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Check Can we please get some light shed here. Jade is one of the few characters that doesn't have to drop a boat ton of damage to incorporate uppercuts into her combos.

Lets figure this out!

You're the man Check. Anything I can do to give you a hand?
Pray.

I have Toasty paused on screen now.

I'll let you know if there's anything.

On a side note, something interesting im noticing is, if you and your opponent have same amount of meter (say a bar and 1/10th), he seems to pop out more often. Even if you start the uppercut/uppercut combo with the same meter as each other, it seems to work.

Trying Jade's input with 3 at the end... Just got home from college. Need a minute to relax.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Pray.

I have Toasty paused on screen now.

I'll let you know if there's anything.

On a side note, something interesting im noticing is, if you and your opponent have same amount of meter (say a bar and 1/10th), he seems to pop out more often. Even if you start the uppercut/uppercut combo with the same meter as each other, it seems to work.

Trying Jade's input with 3 at the end... Just got home from college. Need a minute to relax.

I am almost willing to bet it's going to be 3 or 4 as the ending input.

I am almost willing to bet it's going to be 3 or 4 as the ending input.
The question is, if the input BF related? DU related? That is all i need to know.

Im leaning towards DU related, but im going try BF first.

Gonna hold the controller several ways to try every possible input. One at a time for now.

The chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsXXyu2XnTQMdGhBUmh2eF9uN0dlUUFzbnM0VEEwMXc#gid=0

(not sure if it will show up for you)

Definitely 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.