What's new

Match Footage Jade Videos

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
Yeah this is what I meant. The displayed damage is different (I got 18% now lol) after a jip-d2 with the frozen bar, but the damage gone from the bar is the same. This is visually though. Man, thank god it's just a wrong displaying glitch.
I just tried it out and yes, the damage is the same following the frozen damage on the health bar (so long as she doesn't move) except that the game then adds the initial hit (18% uppercut) to the 53% combo that followed it. So it is a display glitch. Oh well. It was interesting for a little while. ;)

**Edit: And it was nice to see 71% with Sub Zero!**

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I just tried it out and yes, the damage is the same following the frozen damage on the health bar (so long as she doesn't move) except that the game then adds the initial hit (18% uppercut) to the 53% combo that followed it. So it is a display glitch. Oh well. It was interesting for a little while. ;)

**Edit: And it was nice to see 71% with Sub Zero!**
Check out this video, it's the same thing only with Skarlet.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Looks like a GamerBlake combo. But I didn't see anything like the display glitch. Looked like a regular corner combo to me. Am I missing something?
Skarlet's blood ball does 7% to herself, Jade's combo does 59%. Skarlet's health bar is reset when Jade jumps on her, but the total damage is displayed as a 66% combo.

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
Skarlet's blood ball does 7% to herself, Jade's combo does 59%. Skarlet's health bar is reset when Jade jumps on her, but the total damage is displayed as a 66% combo.
Okay. I see that. I don't have any of the DLC, so I never knew Skarlet's move took damage from herself. Seems stupid to me, but then I just don't have the big brains of a "Noob Saibot," ya dig?

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I don't use glow every time...
if you use glow with moderation then you do it right :). I agree that it does lead to huge combos, I'm not debating about that. But if you can punish without using glow, I like to do it without :)

The reason I say it's trash is using it offensively since the little frames you do to ex glow could've been used to continue pressure, if you use it defensively it's good. But eating an uppercut for almost 20%... maaan I hate that part hahaha

but then again, thats my opinion so don't take my word for facts :)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
if you use glow with moderation then you do it right :). I agree that it does lead to huge combos, I'm not debating about that. But if you can punish without using glow, I like to do it without :)

The reason I say it's trash is using it offensively since the little frames you do to ex glow could've been used to continue pressure, if you use it defensively it's good. But eating an uppercut for almost 20%... maaan I hate that part hahaha

but then again, thats my opinion so don't take my word for facts :)
Yeah, that 18% uppercut with the breaking sound hurts lol My brother uses d3 though, which bothers me a lot.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
when I know my opponents are gonna play ground footsies (d1,d3,d4,sweep) I just dash backwards and staff overhead (or only walk a bit back so he rushes in and staff overhead) That will make him think twice before playing the ground game

edit (more informations) while people can say just b2, well b2 is terribad on block and staff overhead is way safer on block

Espio

Kokomo
Glow is like any tool, to be used sparingly to keep your opponent on their toes. I think it's the fear of glow that is the most important, like the fear of Sub-Zero's ice clone when it's not out.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Glow is like any tool, to be used sparingly to keep your opponent on their toes. I think it's the fear of glow that is the msot important.
When Ex Glow used in the right situation, it's always a surprise. When it's being used predictable then there's no fear of it. Same thing when Sonya players abuse the armored Ex Cartwheel, they complain how OP it is but a predictable Cartwheel used I have no respect for. It's the Sonya players that save their meters use the armored Ex Cartwheel at the right time that frightens me also it instills the threat she can use it at any moment when you least expect if she's running on full meter. Jade's Ex Glow can be used the same way but it's just that Jade's set ups aren't as good to turn purple instantly. Majority of the time the other player jumps away or is out of range on her Ex Glow for her to attack. I think maybe there should be a discussion on wonderful set ups to activate Ex Glow for scenarios and particular match ups. I would love the MK community to call Jade's Ex Glow OP like they complain about Sonya's armored Ex Cartwheel. Right now Ex Glow hasn't been exploited... Up3 had its run R.I.P. Up3...nerfed!

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Jade is the ultimate switch-char because you really gotta use everything she has at the right times. I've been called unpredictable by good players when I decided to use all her moves at least once in every match. With Jade you need to understand that her options are the "mixup" not highs and lows but long and short attacks, she's that telegraphed and shitty on recovery because with the right read and the right momentum you shut people down. Every character.
If you got beaten as jade you got either baited or outplayed, and it all boils down to you not using the right thing at the right time.

But let's take a look at glow setups.
First thing you need to understand is the distance factor in your recovery frames. Your recovery frames are set to be safe at a certain distance in a certain setup. The most extreme recovery (on whiff) is f21 and b1 both of which get you killed unless the opponent has no fast advancing special or teleport to punish your whiff. If a move has pathetic recovery, that move was not supposed to whiff, at all. Means it has its specific uses, not just to be thrown out, but also take into account that such a move is powerful for that reason. You don't want to whiff b2 at sweep or closer because you get blown up for it. However outside of sweep it's a great tool even if it gets blocked at the tip you have time to glow.
b1 on block used moderately into a glow is marvelous. You teach them to crouch and uppercut , then en glow and blow them up with 3db2~ at the standup frames of the uppercut.
f21 the same scenario.
Another good thing to do 12d3, 12df4, 12df2, 12ENGLOW 3db2~goodnight.
Keep them guessing.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
But let's take a look at glow setups.
First thing you need to understand is the distance factor in your recovery frames. Your recovery frames are set to be safe at a certain distance in a certain setup. The most extreme recovery (on whiff) is f21 and b1 both of which get you killed unless the opponent has no fast advancing special or teleport to punish your whiff. If a move has pathetic recovery, that move was not supposed to whiff, at all. Means it has its specific uses, not just to be thrown out, but also take into account that such a move is powerful for that reason. You don't want to whiff b2 at sweep or closer because you get blown up for it. However outside of sweep it's a great tool even if it gets blocked at the tip you have time to glow.
b1 on block used moderately into a glow is marvelous. You teach them to crouch and uppercut , then en glow and blow them up with 3db2~ at the standup frames of the uppercut.
f21 the same scenario.
Another good thing to do 12d3, 12df4, 12df2, 12ENGLOW 3db2~goodnight.
Keep them guessing.
I was using Jade last night online, that happens to be the worst place to use her. All I have to say is OMG jumping and cross ups everywhere... that happens online only and it totally "F" ups her spacing and counter attack moves. Like an Up3 didn't hit a jumper when you knew where were about to jump in far away, B2 missed their jump in and their air punch recovery knocked her out. So I've been trying to use her Shadow Kick and her Sweep getting past the jumpfest online so far it's been working. Her standing 1 online as AA is a joke, I could not get it to work. Jade must be so much more accurate and better offline. Also a blocked Sweep from Jade puts her at -1 so Ex Purple Glow was a good set up I used and if you are about to be jip combo'd her Ex Purple Glow worked as perfect AA to combo back, she takes 6% damage and does 30-35% combo punish back. By watching Mr. Mileena's Jade I just learned she can Ex Purple Glow during cross ups, I assume you have to reverse the input. I find her difficulty getting a big combo started without an assisted jip to connect B1~Slam, 2~Slam, 3~Slam really slow start ups with terrible reach. If only her 4 connected with Slam, that would make her better as opposed to 1,2~Slam which means her Staff Slam will need to lose frames and be much faster... seriously Kabal's Knee, Cage's F3, Sonya's Knee all connect with a combo launcher. Jade relies on your opponent to duck her Staff Slam and jump at her B2 for average damage...Jade's Knee pads need a tweak. Jade competing in the damage department is a struggle, original damage nerfed hurt her game, the Up3 nerf made her footsie game weaker... Imagine nerfing Sheeva's F4... Up3 was Jade's best normal tool. A solid character like Kitana has so many opening opportunities for high damage even with a Jump Kick~Fan Toss 40% right there and that doesn't include her incredible reaching F2,1 and 2,1,Ex Fan combo launchers. Jade... 8% Staff Grab... 8% Staff Slam... still 8% on Ex Staff Slam.. 6% Shadow Kick... 10% Ex Shadow Kick ...Ex Boomerangs don't grant a free combo.. only Ex Staff Grab is worth the 14% 1 bar spent but it is absolute worst scaling in combos 2-3%. She has no stagger move that allows a free jump in blockstring like Kitana's Cutter/Sonya's F4. Jade's damage is not even a threat, you can simply take the life lead because she lacks the huge comeback factor. She is a good turtle character with spacing but there are characters like Smoke who perform better. She just has better zoning control in certain MUs like Sindel, Noob, Kano etc. Well, hopefully new strategies are found as the game evolves and possibly Jade can be better than her current state.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Her AA options are:
1 xx 12 xx 23f2 df2/df4/df3/ENdb1 into more nasties.
23 dash d1df2
23df4, dash 12 dash d1df2.
- Backdash b2 into more fun
- Well timed high boomerang, it seems to have a different hitbox even if it seems like it goes the same course as the regular one. It catches jumpins if you throw it out at the right time and you can combo off of it with some luck even online.
- n3 -> it shifts her hitbox back and with an ENoverhead you can do a full combo. Strict timing, but if you get it right it's going to make them stop.
- n2 -> also combos into ENoverhead to punish the little grasshoppers.

Espio

Kokomo
AestheticLove just finished watching your set, very fun games, it would be hard to address everything, but something you did in one of the last matches really piqued my interest, where you neutral jump punched Blake's Smoke out of his Smoke away attack I have never seen anybody, pro player or other wise pull that off so mad props on a clever and innovative approach to putting Smoke in check during that match.

I have one match from TORYUKEN against Insuperable.

I had a few matches on stream with maxter and SmokeX as well but they both looked one sided.
Need more practice. LOL!

I'm going to MAT Tournament in MTL this weekend. Hope to cap a few things.
Pure Jade that weekend.

NeoRussell

I have one match from TORYUKEN against Insuperable.

I had a few matches on stream with maxter and SmokeX as well but they both looked one sided.
Need more practice. LOL!

I'm going to MAT Tournament in MTL this weekend. Hope to cap a few things.
Pure Jade that weekend.

NeoRussell
Excelent stuff, i've learned so many things by viewing your games.