What's new

Match Footage Jade Videos

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
Nice AestheticLove :eek:

My only critic would be the massive use of upper battarangs. Maybe I miss the point but I'd rather use normal battarang so I can safely F212 during the comeback hit. (and build back my bar of meter ;) )

I love your usage of U3, if you didn't know you can EX shadow kick to continue the combo (if it puts your opponent agaisnt the corner it's guarenteed 30%+)

As for the jumping punch 34 ex staff overhead, while I do think it's awesomely stylish and does lead to good damage I personally don't like the fact that it costs one bar of meter for the same damage as meterless. I'd rather JIP b1 (if blocked, shadow kick otherwise staff overhead) But considering online delay, I understand why you might prefer 34 staff overhead

Also agaisnt ermac it's a tricky match up, he does have access to 50%+ dmg combos but has no armor, and Jade has so many armor moves. Mid screen away flash then ex shadow kick to get in if he tries to zone you with green balls and tkp. If you're upclose and wondering if he's gonna wake up just ex staff overhead :3

Also for jump crossover one of her best tools is d3, it lowers her hitbox so much you dont even need to AA. just d3 to dodge the jumping attack and then d3 to poke the opponent out of his pressure game.

As for the rest I can't say anything really you've got a really good jade :)

Espio

Kokomo
I love the way AestheticLove fights the Kung Lao match up, a stunning performance against Ermac too, I still am not sure how to approach Ermac with Jade myself, I figured it out with Stryker, but I don't know how Jade should deal with him, but regardless her Jade is a true pleasure to see.

Also, please go on stream more Birdsongs, so I can be hella jelly of your Jade lol.

LolingOctopus

Espio872 your jade isn't bad at all. Smoke though is one mean whiff punishing machine so you've got to be careful with your approach. 4f3 is good upclose but has a slow start up, try walking back a little bit and do b32, that should help your pressure game. ps: d3 is godlike.

Espio

Kokomo
Idk man... you held you own pretty well. A couple bad jumps killed you, but your jade is pretty good man. :)

Well that's a problem when I'm uncomfortable in a fight I jump more, I've been weaning myself off of jumps, I used to be much worse, I just need more time to tone it down more. Thanks, gonna keep working at her for good, somebody has to play these characters:).

Espio872 your jade isn't bad at all. Smoke though is one mean whiff punishing machine so you've got to be careful with your approach. 4f3 is good upclose but has a slow start up, try walking back a little bit and do b32, that should help your pressure game. ps: d3 is godlike.
Certainly agreed on the approach. I usually use back 3,2 as a staple in my game and I used it some there, but against Smoke's evasion I find it difficult, I need to play the match up more to be honest though, I fought several Smoke players in this tournament in casuals and in the actual tourney and it showed how bad I handled the match...of course Wafflez and FrothyOmen are great players, so that's the main thing.

Will just keep putting in work with them.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Certainly agreed on the approach. I usually use back 3,2 as a staple in my game and I used it some there, but against Smoke's evasion I find it difficult, I need to play the match up more to be honest though, I fought several Smoke players in this tournament in casuals and in the actual tourney and it showed how bad I handled the match...of course Wafflez and FrothyOmen are great players, so that's the main thing.
Smoke is real tough for Jade. She can't Flash through Smoke Bombs which is a HUGE deal one of the reasons why Smoke is a bad MU for her. Smoke can play the runaway game all day and spam Smoke Bombs to build meter, Jade has no real way to build meter and by the time she gets in Smoke already has a Breaker available then you have to play chase again. Flash to build little meter puts her at huge risk from a Smoke Bomb on reaction. I think the real way to approach this match is for Jade to turtle very carefully and she has to be very cautious throwing out B3,2-B2-Up3 etc whiffs because Smoke Bombs and his B2,3 punishes those hard. Jumping in on Smoke is a big NO-NO he will AA standing 2 you, D1 AA into Smoke Bomb, throw a point blank Smoke Bomb, B2,3 punish or Teleport on reaction. If you catch Smoke doing a Teleport in the air whiff Jade can standing 1 combo catch him upon landing. Not much Jade can do but Shadow Kick is used for spacing/meter building and closing space, hit him when he tries to Smoke Away. Tbh if I were you, just use Stryker for this MU, he has an easier advancement than Jade does somewhat better turtle type. There are tons of Smoke players on PSN, you should play them for experience.

Espio

Kokomo
Smoke is real tough for Jade. She can't Flash through Smoke Bombs which is a HUGE deal one of the reasons why Smoke is a bad MU for her. Smoke can play the runaway game all day and spam Smoke Bombs to build meter, Jade has no real way to build meter and by the time she gets in Smoke already has a Breaker available then you have to play chase again. Flash to build little meter puts her at huge risk from a Smoke Bomb on reaction. I think the real way to approach this match is for Jade to turtle very carefully and she has to be very cautious throwing out B3,2-B2-Up3 etc whiffs because Smoke Bombs and his B2,3 punishes those hard. Jumping in on Smoke is a big NO-NO he will AA standing 2 you, D1 AA into Smoke Bomb, throw a point blank Smoke Bomb, B2,3 punish or Teleport on reaction. If you catch Smoke doing a Teleport in the air whiff Jade can standing 1 combo catch him upon landing. Not much Jade can do but Shadow Kick is used for spacing/meter building and closing space, hit him when he tries to Smoke Away. Tbh if I were you, just use Stryker for this MU, he has an easier advancement than Jade does somewhat better turtle type. There are tons of Smoke players on PSN, you should play them for experience.
Yeah, there's a lot to consider in this match up. I need to be more careful overall, that was my biggest problem, getting restless and impatient.

I'll be playing more Smokes soon when I can catch up with Ribbz and TraNceBeatz ran some Smoke matches with me to help some a night or so ago. I honestly just need practice with this match, I'm finally to a point where fighting Sonya and Cage doesn't bother me, I'm determined to get to that level with both of them, I need to be proficient with both Stryker and Jade in every match.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Nice, I love it when glow comes out between their strings. Only thing is the en-high rang, I use it to pressure as well, but it's the best to do it when the opponent is right close to you, otherwise do low or straight ones. And, am I blind or I've not seen a single b1 from you? I can't not use it lol
B1 should be used only for punishing blocked Teleports like Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke, Noob Saibot or Kung Lao's Dive Kick etc. From a jip B1 builds the most meter but negative edge hurts because Jade sometimes throws a Boomerang then gets punished. If I use jip B1, I better use Ex Staff Slam because of the armor on it and majority of the time your opponent tries to D1 interrupt her Staff Slam or jump out (even if you just wasted 1 bar of meter, it's 0 on block which is good for Jade)...sometimes jip B1,F1 works if they try to jump out, it's just a Jade gimmick but it's so horrible if they blocked it entirely just like if she does 1,2,2 lol

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
B1 should be used only for punishing blocked Teleports like Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke, Noob Saibot or Kung Lao's Dive Kick etc. From a jip B1 builds the most meter but negative edge hurts because Jade sometimes throws a Boomerang then gets punished. If I use jip B1, I better use Ex Staff Slam because of the armor on it and majority of the time your opponent tries to D1 interrupt her Staff Slam or jump out (even if you just wasted 1 bar of meter, it's 0 on block which is good for Jade)...sometimes jip B1,F1 works if they try to jump out, it's just a Jade gimmick but it's so horrible if they blocked it entirely just like if she does 1,2,2 lol
Yeah, b1 is best used for roll state punishment, but I never got a boomerang from doing b1 (I don't know how it happens for you). Here's how her 30/30/30 off of b1 works: b1-OS - beats pokes, but uppercuted or crossed under, beats jump aways, not instant divekicks (maybe vulnerable to njp, not sure); b1-SK - beats jumps and attempts to punish OS, but poked/uppercuted; b1-staff grab - beats pokes, jump outs and attempts to punish SK and OS, but can be jumped over for a full combo. I never use b1f1, never, it's horrible :) It does beat everything except armored moves, but you are better off doing one of the above and get punished with a lot less than a full combo in the case of a blocked b1f1.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Yeah, b1 is best used for roll state punishment, but I never got a boomerang from doing b1 (I don't know how it happens for you).
jip B1~Up Boomerang if you tried to input Staff Slam. It's annoying. I usually settle for jip, 3~Staff Slam but at times sometimes her 3 didn't connect the hit on her opponent but her jip did.

Espio

Kokomo
I think jump in punch 3, staff overhead is best unless you can catch your opponent not blocking then go for back 1 for the bigger damage. You're not losing much off of jip 3 staff overhead combo you get 34%, I think you're dropping 3% at most, not much of anything for less risk and consistency.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
jip B1~Up Boomerang if you tried to input Staff Slam. It's annoying. I usually settle for jip, 3~Staff Slam but at times sometimes her 3 didn't connect the hit on her opponent but her jip did.
Oh, ok. Here's how to get over this. Every time you do b1 you should actually wait a bit to hitconfirm it. Then you decide which special to do after it. If b1 hit - db2, if b1 is blocked - special of choice.

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
I just found this, and I don't know if it's already known. If it is then let me know and I'll delete the post.

As you can see in the vid you need to time it right, but when you do an attack near the end of Jade's enhanced armor it makes the next attacks that connect act like OTG damage in MKD where the scaling is gone and massive damage is done. It can be any attack, but the uppercut leads to the most damage. Also, it doesn't matter how long you wait before getting the attack since the health bar freezes indefinitely.
Category:

LolingOctopus

Ex glow is trash in almost every situation considering that 90% of the time jade has better options. The only real use I found with ex glow is get out of johnny cage pressure, and even then I dont like it

Espio

Kokomo
Ex glow is trash in almost every situation considering that 90% of the time jade has better options. The only real use I found with ex glow is get out of johnny cage pressure, and even then I dont like it
Well timed ex glows get you full combo punishes, can get you the opportunity to pressure your opponent, make them back off and respect Jade at all times when she has meter.

The only downside to glow is the double damage.

I don't think glow is trash in the least, the regular flash and glow are some of her best tools.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
kilnkilagn I just played a little with this. It seems that the bar freezes just as long as Jade doesn't move, if she moves the bar goes to normal. And the damage seems to be normal, it just shows more. I even got different results in damage showing from jip-uppercut, sometimes I get 11% (which is normal), sometimes 15% and sometimes 21% lol

LolingOctopus

If I'm crazy, tell me when you use ex glow and I will explain why you have better options for less meter.

ps: I agree vs johnny cage it is a lifesaver when you're in the knee pressure.

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
kilnkilagn I just played a little with this. It seems that the bar freezes just as long as Jade doesn't move, if she moves the bar goes to normal. And the damage seems to be normal, it just shows more. I even got different results in damage showing from jip-uppercut, sometimes I get 11% (which is normal), sometimes 15% and sometimes 21% lol
Okay. I didn't test out her movement to know that it unfreezes the damage on the health bar. Thanks. When you say the damage is normal, do you mean when the bar is frozen and then you attack? Which would mean that the actual damage is the same but the display is wrong? I thought the actual damage was more following the frozen health bar. I'll double check that. As for the varying uppercut damage, do you mean after a frozen health bar, or just random jp~d2? I did notice that when you get a frozen health bar the damage that follows is according to the strength of the hit that you used to freeze the bar. That's why I used an uppercut since I would get the most damage to follow, as opposed to using 1 or 2 or b1 or f4, etc.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If I'm crazy, tell me when you use ex glow and I will explain why you have better options for less meter.

ps: I agree vs johnny cage it is a lifesaver when you're in the knee pressure.
Here's when I use it:
- on jip's
- on cross-overs
- after shadow kick/staff overhead
- after 12
On jip's and cross-overs Glow cancels all aerial attacks and keeps them in the air for a full 3,db2... combo.
After strings and specials that are 0 on block my opponent (my brother) knows he can jump away/over/attack etc. so I surprise him with another combo.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
...Which would mean that the actual damage is the same but the display is wrong?...
Yeah this is what I meant. The displayed damage is different (I got 18% now lol) after a jip-d2 with the frozen bar, but the damage gone from the bar is the same. This is visually though. Man, thank god it's just a wrong displaying glitch.

LolingOctopus

- JIP, AA for free combo (meterless)
- Cross-overs, ok I can agree with that considering d1 and uppercut are trash for crossovers. But you can just walk forward to dodge the crossover for meterless action, or walk back AA (this is tricky and don't recommend it online)
- after shadow kick / staff overhead. If you glow after these setups might as well use armor (ex-shadow kick or ex- staff overhead), or just regular pressure to build meter. Needless glow imo (sure it's safe, but the dude can just run away from you and you wasted a bar man)
- after 12, same thing, the dude can just run away if he wants to.

edit: gtg back to work, but I'll only post vids in this thread from now on, I really hate theory fighting hahaha :p. Just do what keeps working I just have bad experience with glow. I'll post vids soon, next vids will be from toryuken so I don't know how much footage I'll have.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
- JIP, AA for free combo (meterless)
- Cross-overs, ok I can agree with that considering d1 and uppercut are trash for crossovers. But you can just walk forward to dodge the crossover for meterless action, or walk back AA (this is tricky and don't recommend it online)
- after shadow kick / staff overhead. If you glow after these setups might as well use armor (ex-shadow kick or ex- staff overhead), or just regular pressure to build meter. Needless glow imo (sure it's safe, but the dude can just run away from you and you wasted a bar man)
- after 12, same thing, the dude can just run away if he wants to.
I know of these things, believe me, and he does too. I don't use glow every time he jumps at me or crosses me over lol, but once a match to get 30%+ will make him do it less. And after moves 0 on block he has ways around like jumping over, or en-roundhouse with Rain, BAM Glow and he gets punished for using a bar with Rain :) Anyway, the move is definitely not trash. In the corner it's boss, he resets me with Rain and his aqua splash and goes for a throw BAM glow and 35% in his face. He pressures me with Quan Chi's rune traps, misstimes one and gives me 3-5 frames, BAM glow and punish the bastard for trying to do the runes, pressuring me with Nightwolf's f312 string, BAM 35% in the face :). I don't know man, it's boss.